Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Grudge Match

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Oct 22, 2005 on FOX

• yikes

the biggining fight with Leonardo vs. Raphael and Donatello

Very good visuals Leonardo is an awsome fighter and I enjoyed seeing him in action against his brothers. I actually got a little hug of elation seeing that even Raphael couldn't touch him. And yes I was aggravated when Splinter stopped Raphael from calling Leonardo on his attitude.

Michaelangelo's Battle Nexus self importance:

Ugh, was I the only one that wanted to slap Michaelangelo for his "I don't need to train" comment. Seriously I was like "ooh no you didn't just say that to Master Splinter" , not only was that ignorant and obnoxious but extremely disrespectful to Splinter who has trained him his whole life and made him what he is . I was seriously ready to turn off my television right then and there for that bit of flippancy. The little Skirmish with Kluh and big daddy:

Very entertaining and right on que too, these guys have perfect timing and it was good animation. I am always struck with awe on how quick and agile Mike is, and just how much endurance Michaelangelo has and well he takes beatings with out really going down. Also I think this kind of shows that despite Mike's antagistic nature and cocky swagger, he is a rather non-violent and nonconfrontational person, he could have very easily have floored that guy but didn't, and choose to actually try to reason with the guy. He spent most of that little skirmish dodging and avoiding Steroid purple guy instead of fighting back. I was impressed how ever with his willingness to buckle down and train, I really thought that he was going to stubornly hold to his assertion that he didn't need to train, but he supriced me and lost his arrogance and humbled himself to ask for help. Which the others threw in his face Leonardo offers to help...:

ok I love Leonardo no matter what, but i was complelty awed with him for offering to train his brother. My reaction was very similar to Michaelangelo's when he said he would help him train. I think this proves what a caring older brother Leonardo is and how mature he is for not swinging to the others guys (even Master Splinters ) against mike and offereing to help him. I not sure why he took Michaelangelo's side but I think he is intuned enough with his little brother to know that most of obnoxious behavior is just bluster and that underneath that Mike is rather unsure of himself and needs some one to believe in him, and that other than his mouth Michaelangelo doesn't really have much distinction among there family and that this battle nexus thing was important to his self esteem. Rapahel and Donatello's torturing of Michaelangelo:

Ok at first I was amused by their little jabs at the Mikster especially in light of his obnoxious behavior on the roof and what they obviously had to put up with when he first won championship, but I quickly became irratated by them. I mean I was like pfft! get over it already and shut up. I was a little put off to how they kept ragging on Mike and basically calling him a chump that didn't desevre his tittle, and basically delighting in the prospect of him losing. Which I could see actually brought Michaelangelo down a little.

I just kept thinking "ok he was a little mouthy about his battle nexus win, so what why don't you two show your selves to be better people and don't go down to his level and let him fight with you giveing him your support". I mean I was like come on, how often do Raphael and Donatello do amazing things and get credited for it on a daily basis. Leonardo and Michaelangelo on top of the mountain:

Great interaction between Leonardo and Mike, I liked the dialogue they shared, and just them together was just great and a real treat. Thses two hardly interact with each other or share meaninful dialogue with one another and it was really good to be treated with this. I liked That Leonardo was trying to target Mike's biggest problem:focusing. He was just so intence and passionate that I got goose bumps and to have all that aimed toward Michaelangelo was awsome. It really proved that leonardo respects Michealngelo as a warrior and that he actually believes that he is capable at achiveing things if he tries hard enough. And possibly maybe even that he sees the potencial in Mike and see him more as just a goofy person. Hence his little speech about in this world we only have each other, maybe he wants Mike to take notice and start being more involved like him self so that the family will have a stronger protcetion.We even got to see The intencity of what is driving Leonardo and what has been bothering him.

I was even impressed with how when Michaelangelo was lamenting about the fight and that he didn;'t think he could do it, Leonardo still offered him his support and assurance.

Kluh and Big Daddy's Dastardly scheme:

To tell the truth I was a little disapointed with the writters making these two dishonarble, to win. I thought that is was a bit of a cop out and an easy way to assure Mikes win, by defining the rematch with black bad and white good. I feel it took some of the mystery of whether or not Michaelangelo would win or not if by doing this. They should have left these two characters alone and let it be an honest to goodness fight between the purple steroid guy and Mike. With them doing that trick with the ring it pretty much confirmed before the match even started that michaelangelo would win because he is the good guy and psycho man would lose I mean I think they could have still left the safety magic on the ring being removed in there to add drama but I think they could have gone about it in another way. I don't know but I think it could have been handlied in a more ambiguous way. Half my apprication for this show is the sublety that they use and not sticking to cliche black/white way of writting that is rampaent in most toons.

Michaelangelo vs. Kluh:

what ever weak excuse that led up to this fight is completly made up for in this fight. It starts off with michaelangelo getting his ass handed to him, with him really not putting up that much of a fight in my oppion. Now why exactly he isn't given it his all I'm still debateing about. I think that at this point Michaelangelo feels that he doesn't deserve his title and is only making a token effet in this fight, and I think some part of him wanted to lose fairly because I think deep down he believes he won by default no matter how much he bragged about being the champ and that in some way he kind of deserves what is happening. If you notice he was more concerned about just brazening it out enough and then being transported to safety regardless of the fact that he knew that he was in for some major hell of pay back and getting his loss rubbed in his face. Mike wasn't looking for personal glory this time around. At this point I think he was owning up to arrogance.

The second half of this fight Michaelangelo really did shine, when he finnally found the motivation to fight for something other than for his own personal glory and for the protection of his family. At this point Michaelangelo was kicking ass and taking names . And boy was he glorious, you saw his true athlecticism at work here, especially when he leaped over the guy and then held his head in place with his toes and whipped his nunchukes around and took him of his feet and them and then did a floor sweep kick. And all in one smooth series of movents And how cool was it when he kicked the guy at the same time he kicked through his staff.

My favarite part was at the end when Michaelangelo was standing over his oppent with nunchuckes whirling with that "you are so dead" expression on his face. And you know that at this point that Michaelangelo was fully aware of the fact that they safeties where off and that he could take this guys life if he chose to. And he doesn't...I thought this was really cool but nothing less than what I expected from him. I think this shows how strong of character Michaelangelo is and what a strng moral core he has. I thought it was really bad ass the way he just touched him on the forhead and the guy flies backwards. At this point Michaelangelo really does deserve his title and the added bonus of the nobilty of character necklace. I think he knows it too and was actually rather humble about it. I loved that scene where he cradles it in his hand and looks down at it proudly.

Final Leonardo and Michaelangelo moment:

awwwwwww, this was so sweet I loved this scene where Michaelangelo goes to thank him. I'm a succer for touching moments andI thought this was really acted out well by the actors. I liked how touched Leonardo seemed to be by his brothers gratitude. What I great scene, I'v decided I love Leonardo and Michaelangelo moments and want to see more. We got to see a little look of peace in Leonardo .
  • this show is one of my favs it shows leo actually being nice instead of being all dark and moody he actually bonds with mikey a little bit. and it shows that mikey actually turns serious when kluh threatened his family.

this is a riviting episode where there is plenty of action. especially when they said that they where removing the safty spell on the crystal. not the mention the domio couldnt do anything about it. and mikey showed his warrior side for once. the episode also has a lesson to watch your karma if you brag about somethin for to long it might be taken away from you so mikey might have learned his lesson. even though it was funny when mikey ajitated raph. this is episode kept my gaurd up it was very nerve racking and exciting. i would love to see the episode again.
  • Cool episode. Lots of action and pretty funny.

Whoo-hoo!The Turtles go back to the Battle Nexus to see Mikey participate in a rematch. This episode was pretty funny the way Mikey keeps bragging about him being the Battle Nexus Champion (plus, driving Raph and Donnie crazy). This episode also reveals Mikey\'s mature side when he spares his opponent in the match. We see The Ultimate Ninja as a kid, and he\'s not so creepy like when he was an adult.
  • Very great episode.

What a great ep. When it first came on, I missed the first 10 minutes due to a power outage and my alarm didn't go off. Anyways, I didn't know then why no one except Leo would help Mikey, but now I do. I was real sad at how Don, Raph & even Master Splinter walked off on him. But I was glad Leo didn't abandon Mikey. Ultimate Ninja was kinda cute as a kid and became Leo's friend.

Awesome battle scene and great seeing Mikey focused and taking something serious after Leo's words.
    Great ep. all together. :-D
  • Best episode I've seen in a while. The old Leo pokes through and Mikey finally takes something seriously. After getting beaten up by a ten foot tall green and purple alien out to destroy him, of course.

Honestly, I really had no interest in seeing this episode. I figured it would be just another filler, like "Wings of a Prayer" but boy was I surprised! This is the best episode I've seen in a long time. I particularily enjoyed it because Leo seems to be getting a bit of a grip on himself. Although his way of thinking as we see at ther top of the mountain is still a little bit off key.
    I've never seen Mikey fight like that before(well, ok, maybe during Exodus he did, I don't quite remember...) But there was no playful banter and no show-off tricks. He seriously focused. It was like watching Leo out there with an orange bandana on. I guess with his family's lives at stake he was able to seriously get down to business.
    It was almost painful to watch him getting beaten up by Kluh, though. Ugh! But watching the last ten secondsof the episode with Leo and Mike made me smile and think that if Mike can get through that then there's still hope for Leo to come through what he's dealing with.
    Plenty of Laughs and plenty of drama and suspense makes this into an unforgetable episode.
  • Great Episode with some nice interactions!!!!

Amazing. Simply amazing. I have to admit I wasn't really interested in this at first, I figured, they're going back to fight in the nexus tournament...okay... Especially seeing it was just Mikey that was going to be fighting I really wasn't expecting "amazing" but, wow, I was wrong!! This is truly why I watch Ninja turtles, some nice brotherly bonding, amazing quotes and awesome fighting moves. IT was nice to see Leo help his brother and I loved when he was talking about reaching the end of your limits to a place where there are no limits (I don't remember the exact quote) Mikey was amazing in this, concentrating like that, and remembering Leo's words, "In this life we only have each other, if one of us go down, we all go down" And the ending was simply priceless. Yay for this epi!!!
  • Battle Nexus! Time to Fight!

This episode was pretty good! A change from the "freak" episode. It was nice to see the Domio and his son again. His son has progress much from his evil days, he's so cute!(even if he has no pupils) The beggining was funny as the brothers are all trying to work out their deamons. Leo hasn't changed much even with his talk with April.
    It was funny and sad to see everyone walk out on Mikey when he needed help. It was nice to see Leo be the adult, and look out for his brother.

Glah and his father put a nice twist to the story. To bend the Domio's will by capturing his son! Classic! Though it would have been nice to see Leo's fight, but Mikey more than made up for it!
  • Great episode ... really very well written

This episode is pretty much the series at its best ... at least as far as stand-alones go. Very emotional moments flooded this ep, plot twists, and a very valuable lesson made this ep a classic. Really shows that the spirit of the Ninja Turtles continues even in this generation.

When Mikey returns to the Battle Nexus to defend his title, all of his laziness comes back to bite him in the azz as he must confront his own demons ... while at the same time stop an evil plot hatched to seal his doom.

Keep up the good work.