Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Grudge Match

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Oct 22, 2005 on FOX

• Best episode I've seen in a while. The old Leo pokes through and Mikey finally takes something seriously. After getting beaten up by a ten foot tall green and purple alien out to destroy him, of course.

Honestly, I really had no interest in seeing this episode. I figured it would be just another filler, like "Wings of a Prayer" but boy was I surprised! This is the best episode I've seen in a long time. I particularily enjoyed it because Leo seems to be getting a bit of a grip on himself. Although his way of thinking as we see at ther top of the mountain is still a little bit off key.
    I've never seen Mikey fight like that before(well, ok, maybe during Exodus he did, I don't quite remember...) But there was no playful banter and no show-off tricks. He seriously focused. It was like watching Leo out there with an orange bandana on. I guess with his family's lives at stake he was able to seriously get down to business.
    It was almost painful to watch him getting beaten up by Kluh, though. Ugh! But watching the last ten secondsof the episode with Leo and Mike made me smile and think that if Mike can get through that then there's still hope for Leo to come through what he's dealing with.
    Plenty of Laughs and plenty of drama and suspense makes this into an unforgetable episode.