Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Membership Drive

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Mar 24, 2007 on FOX

• Back from their adventure, Leo and Mikey warn the Justice Force about the Shredder….at least Leo does. Mikey, on the other hand, hopes to fill out an application to join the Justice Force.

I just watched “Membership Drive” right after watching “Enter the Jammerhead.” Needless to say, I liked “Membership Drive” much, much better. For one, there is more action, more emotions, a deeper plot, and sinister villains. It makes me miss even more for the good old days when TMNT was more entertaining to watch. In fact, “Membership Drive” made me disliked “Enter the Jammerhead” so much, I don’t believe I can or will review “Enter the Jammerhead”. Anyway this episode reminded me of “Grudge Match” and “Nobody” when we have Leo and Mikey spend some quality time together. I love when that happens! It is always amazing how different the two of them are. Leo is the serious mature turtle while Mikey is the care free, juvenile turtle. They visit the justice force for two different reasons: Leo, to form an alliance with them against the Shredder, while Mikey just wants to enlist. Once again, Mikey is trying desperately trying to join his favorite super hero group instead of realizing he has been born into one. Yet, it is nice to see Mikey think of a great idea to save the day for a change. How cute was it to see Leo proud of his little bro? The Justice force (or as I like to call them, the X-men doubles) seem to have some new members, Nobody, Raptarr, and Nano. All three of them desperately needed a group to join and the Justice Force is a perfect fit for all of them. It also coincides with Mikey’s story in “The Journal.” Not only did we get the original format, but we saw some familiar faces as well. Besides the Justice Forces, we saw Stockman and Bishop. I only wish we could have seen April and Casey again as well. That is my review. Do you agree/disagree? Either way, just let me know by clicking on one of the buttons below. Thanks!