Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Night of Sh'Okanabo!

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Oct 21, 2006 on FOX

• It is around Halloween and Mikey is determine to introduce Cody to the world of horror movies. What the turtles don't know is that the horro that is about to comsume them.

This was a well written episode, especially for around Halloween. The writers did a great job portraying a lot of suspense, just like a regular horror movie. I'm glad that Splinter realized that there was a 'shadow' present. Splinter's character is too wise and smart to fall for that trick. Once again, we see the big bad of the future: Sh'Okanabo, who stupidly clued in our heroes about the "Dawn of Awaking." So far, the writers haven't clued us in on Sh'Okanabo's origins. We know he came from some other planet, and he hopes to change the habitants of earth into his kind, but that is about it. I would love to know more, and I hope the writers provide some more information. Maybe it’s just me, but Sh'Okanabo's helmet kind of reminds me of the Shredder’s helmet. Hmm…..

I’m also glad that the writers left us with a cliff hanger. Just when you thought things couldn’t get worse, Sh’Okanabo tells us that he has taken the turtle’s DNA (though I don’t know how he got Mikey’s) as a way to destroy them. Anyone who has seen “Bad Blood” knows what he is talking about! Speaking of which, I really hope we see more of the evil turtles. They are my favorite bad guys! The only complaint I have with this episode was it was another Mikey center episode. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they centered it on Mikey but I wish the writers would write some other episode’s that centered on the other turtles. We have had about two or three that centered on Raph and about two that centered on Mikey. We really only got one episode that centered on Leo and none on Don. That is another aspect that I missed from the last four seasons.