Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Past Present

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Apr 19, 2008 on FOX

• The turtles have a chance to turn the tables on Demon Shredder...but can they do it?

man this was such a good episode it seemed much more grounded than in other episodes from these seasons. I loved the dialogue between April and Karai, and I really loved the slightly grudging attitude had with Karai as she told her that if it was up to her she might not have bothered to save her but was because the turtles asked her too. It really seemed to shock some of the self rightousness out of Karai and she really needed that, since she just been going on and on about how wronged she's been . That whole exchange really made me realize how much I've missed April (and Casey) since they where replaced, what strong indepth supporting characters they are in the series, they are just as important as the main characters for the dashes of deminsion they give to the show. April got major cool points for telling Karai--a ninja master with way more skill and experience than she does, that if she tried anything she was going to slam her hard enough to curl her hair LOL that April is so cool I loved the look Karai had on her face when April said that to her. I wish April had gone and done that any way, stupid **** really needs to be slammed after the way shes been acting. Chaplin and his reaction to seeing Karai was classic, that guy sweats her so bad A few things, I really liked the interaction between the characters and the plot it self in this episode like I said it felt more grounded. I liked the suspence of trying to find these focal points in the city to take over before Shredders energy took them. And of course the splitting up into to groups. Liked April and Chaplin teamed up doing the techy stuff, Don and Splinter together, and some nice over due Mikey and Raph interaction and I loved the team up and tension filled team of Leo and karai with the ancient one. I have to say that I'm liking the way Leo is handling Karai. She is still stuck in self rightous **** mode but he quite stoicly and succinctly tells her to put it aside for now and whether she likes it or not shes gonna help. I also liked how he said he had her with him so he could keep an eye on her because he still didn't trust her. Like he was baby sitting her, and it seemed like a back handed put down despite his resolution to work with her, to express his displeasure for her attitude. I was really eating up all simutanilus battles that where going on with each team to get the power point. The plot was pretty damn good but it was made better by all the bonus characteriation that occured with the teams acting off each other in smaller teams instead a big group because the dynamics of how each team work and react with each other had much more emphasis.