Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Playtime's Over

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Oct 07, 2006 on FOX

7.1
  • Mikey is determined to get the new video game. Unfortunately, The Street Venoms have stolen the whole truckload of video games! Naturally, Mikey is obsessed with saving his game from his nemeses, by dragging his family and COdy with him.

The plot was well formed. Mikey’s character was portrayed perfectly. An immature, obsessed gamer who will do anything to get his hands on the new game. However, just when Cody is willing to risk his life for the truck full of games, Mikey tells Cody that it is “just a game.” Nice touch. Even though this was a Mikey centered episode, I’m glad the writers gave Leo and Raph a rather generous role in defeating Jammerhead. Leo got Jammerhead to admit that he stole the video games and set the turtles up. What Jammerhead didn’t know was his confession was recorded for the Peace Keepers to hear. I also liked how it was Raph, not Mikey, who stopped Jammerhead with his sai. Not bad. And of course, there is the relationship between Cody and Starleet, which was cute. I think there is serious chemistry between the two, but Cody might have trouble with commitment. I loved how Master Splinter referred to Cody going on a date with Starlee as ‘balance.’ Speaking of dating, I wonder if in this temporary (at least I PRAY it is temporary) direction for the show, will have the guys meeting some cute looking girls as well. The future seems to be filled with many different species so I would assume that there are some female reptiles out there some where.