Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Saturday 10:00 AM on FOX Premiered Feb 08, 2003 Between Seasons

RaijinPaladinix

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• It's great and all, but I think it needs help to get it back up. -- Needs More Mikey

O.M.G, I didn't know they'll have this here. I basicallt watch tmnt every morning on chease tv, I'm so not calling it toasted tv.
    tmnt is one of the last good cartoons out there for kids to watch that isn't anime. We all rely on it now. My favourite quote from it was, by my favourite character - Mikey, "I was voted most likely to brightes any room with my smile".

Basically this show is superb for kids, espcially people like me. Although, it has been going downhill lately, since most of it's original plot's been done or already been continued, or reused. Right now they had random stuff and the episode on 2day was a continued, reused story line from way before.

• Absolutely fantastic.

Forget the 80's animated series and the live action series The Next Mutation... this series is the definitive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television series. At least in my opinion.

Unlike the 80's series which was far removed from the comic books, this series follows the comic books far more closely and even throws in it's own new plot lines and twists.

The Turtles are the same as the Turtles in the comic books; Leonardo is the honour bound leader, Donatello is the technological genius, Michelangelo is the fun lovin' dude and Raphael is the hothead who loves fighting.

Master Splinter is their sensei who looks frail but is fact a total badass. And while the goofy incompetent Shredder of the 80's series would have trouble frightening a kitten, the Shredder in this series could potentially give you nightmares.

Is this a series worth watching? Yes it is. However, if you are a fan of the 80's series, don't watch this expecting the same level of silliness and fun; this series is completely different to the 80's series. This series is MUCH darker and grittier. If you're a fan of the comic books, this is definitely worth watching.
  • Definitely one of my favorite shows to watch on tv, every saturday morning.

First off, this show is bangin, i just have that to say for it. Naw, i'm just playin, it's a fun and engagain show with a bunch of memorable character's that i love to watch and watche every time i see them. I love this show, the animations and the humor is top notch, just like the old cartoon from the 90's. Michaelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, and of course, the only turtle without an O at the end of his name, Rafael. Still as fiesty as ever. It also brings back the favorites of the show as well, well, people who weren't turtles as least. Master Splinter makes a comeback, as well as Casey Jones and April, they all are here. I recommend this show to anybody who loves the turtles. Of course it is kind of new aged, so it might seem a little different from the 90's, but it's still the same.
  • TMNT are more grown up (like the kids who remember the old version)

Although I still love the old version of this show, I kinda like the new version better. Maybe it feels more like the shows more "grown-up" (like me now) so that's the reason I enjoy it more, but I find that the characters are more developed and each turtle's individual personality shine through more than in the previous version. In the case of Shredder, the 2003 shredder seems more like a villain than the bumbling shredder of the 80s/90s. Also, the story lines are more interesting to watch and have a little more substance. There is a wider variety of villains and problems for the turtles to overcome that range from quick-fixes to major challenges. It keeps the show fresh, rather than revolving around one main villain that you know they're going to beat anyway.
    Also, (like many other kid's cartoons today) some of the individual episodes that are meant to stand alone actually connect to or hint to future episodes.
    Anyway, right now this show is definatly at the top of my favourtites list. I can't wait to see what season 4 has in store!
  • Very cool.

This show is quite a few ways better than the original show. I love the way Mikey acts like a goofball all of the time. I love the new theme song, especially when Mikey says "We shredded Shredder!". I wonder who the next villain will be though. I just hope he/she will be better than Shredder was.
  • The new TMNT is unbelievable! It's great!

I watched the old, the classic, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a child. I loved it. It was undoubtedly my favorite show on television. When it was canceled I was crushed. I was not as fond as the next series: The Next Mutation. The realization finally sunk in that I would never see my beloved turtles again. Then a miracle happened and the TMNT were reborn in 2003 and they are better than ever! I was amazed. While the old cartoon was generally an icon for the younger generation, this new version focuses more on the comics and targets the old fans of the show and a slightly older age group. I've watched this show through every season and now that we're into season four, I can barely hold my excitement in. I've seen three episodes from the new season and believe you me, the TMNT just keep getting better and better!
  • Its the TMNT how cant you know what this is

Right away i was a little way ward of this show. Then it started to pick up and i became an avid admirer. I love the involvement of the Utroms and the Triceratrons. And it did do a good job at sticking with the original comics. I loved there hidden analogies, and spoofs on Star Wars and Star Trek as well as other series. I however soon grew to distaste this when the writters decided that they should combine Krang(from the '87 series with Shredder), that was the dumbest idea ever. The writters then slowly whittled away at Baxter until he became an eye, which i was predicting in a mockful manner. I just couldn't stand the mockery of the TNMT anymore so I quit wathcing it after the season finale, when Shredder was jettisoned into space with the turtles.
  • A new twist on the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

This show has tons of action, just the thing I like when watching an action animated series. The show follows the same story line as the origonal movies did, but does it in a new cool animated series. It takes the turtles in a whole new direction and features more action and story than the origonal cartoon. Also their are new plots and twists in this series that the origonal cartoon, movies and comics books didn't have. Which makes the turtles even better than before.
  • this is a reveiw of my presonal favorite episode of the ninja turtles , and why i like this serten episode .......

this review is about my personal favorite episode from the ninja turtles , and why i like this episode . my favorite episode is al the city at wars , 1 2 and 3 .i like this episode because leo feels that it is his fault that the city is at war. so leo disobeys master spinter by going out to try to help stop the war . but it turns out that it somehwo brings the turtles intothe war now.so raph he is really mad now because leo goe off to the war when it wasnt there fight.well on the run from the foot they decide to hide out in a sort of water tank.while hideing there leo and raph start arguing unawear that a foot ninja placed a bomb under the tank.the tank blows upand thats when they meet kairi a leader of the foot ninja in japan . leo and kiari compermise to put a stop to the war.raph get even madder and stroms off.but the rest of the guys and kiari have a plan. kiari dresses up as the shredder and all the purple dragons andthe foot ninja come to the fake sherreder , but they soon find that it is kiari. they are all in dangoure and all is hope less till someone comes alone in the fight. turns out it s raph and master splinter .they all fight the good fight and kiari decides to take over for the sherrder.but little did the turtles know that kiari had a secert that the real sherreder was aand is still alive .so now you all know .thank you for reading my rewiew
  • Rarely is a remake truly better than the original. However, in this case the original was just stupid, and the remake is really good.

This latest version of TMNT is much better than the 1987 version. The story is much closer to the comic book story, it isn't as violent, but that is to be expected for a Saturday morning cartoon. All the changes made for the latest show, when compared to the old cartoon, are a real improvement. Mikey is still kind of stupid, but not nearly as bad as the old cartoon and movies. April Oneal is not a dumb reporter in a silly yellow jumpsuit anymore. She is actually a useful companion. And I actually like the twist they came up with for the Shredder, even though it wasn't part of the comic it works out well.

Over all, the show is great and is one of my personal favorites.
  • Same four ninja brothers but a bad new set of stories.

Growing up i used to watch the Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtals all the time but times have changed and so have the turtals. This show is okey but it is not the origenal. sure they tried to revamp the old ieda but they have had a rought take off. the animation is better than it was when i was wating the origanal tuttals and they changed the clasic theam song withch is not good. some times change is good but in this case they should try to hold on to some tradition.
  • Awesome Ninja kick-butt action.

One of the best shows on 4kids tv. I can't wait to see the season premeire. The first episode I ever watched was "The King" and I still laughed at the humor even though I had no idea about what was going on. Good action scenes and humor here and there.
  • Wait, those aren't the turtles I remember...ahh, who cares, this show is awesome!

Wait, those aren't the turtles I remember...ahh, who cares, this show is awesome! A modern adaptation of the hit show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. While the story may not seem original as the characters are all recreations of the past, the truth is that there is many new aspects to the show. This show in general has a darker tone to it which not only makes it a little more adult in nature, but also allows for storylines that the old kid focused show couldn't even dream to explore. The animation all has a modern feel to it with smoother lines and more detail to it, and the music and sound in general has a full rich tone that compliments this modern vision nicely.

My final review: While the original is great and unforgettable, this version is just as good in its own right and maybe even better as its darker nature is even entertaining for adults.
  • Better than the original Ninja Turtle series. The characters are very well done, better than the last TMNT cartoon series. The stories really keep me interested and want to see more.

The series is truely well made than the original version before this one. The people who reintroduce to this series put more thought into it. It is darker, but not too dark that kids would not see it, but still the series is very interesting. The videogames for this version of the series really stink, badly, I wish whoever made the games should have put more thought into them. It is kind of sad that I like the classic TMNT game than the modern ones.
  • Two words: most impressive. This version of the heros in a half-shell is much easier to digest for the fans of the Mirage comics and reclaims the dark and humorous tone of Eastman and Laird's vision... sorta.

This version is TMNT may upset the fans of the classic Ninja Turtles series... and since it does, I can't relate to them. True, I loved the old series, but when I saw the black and white Mirage comics and how they are really visioned by Eastman and Laird, I felt robbed and have to settle for the "kiddie" experience.

However, when I first heard about this show and how it will not only make more sense character wise, but it was loosely based on the original comics, I was like "yes!" I watched every show and it made me a kid again each show. I remember some of the comics and how some of the shows matches the comics.

Stockman isn't a Fly (or white), Bebop and Rocksteady isn't in the picture, Krang no longer exist (at least not in the way he was depicted in the original show) and the Foot is... well, they are still the Foot. The turtles are different shades of green, April isn't a reporter, but an intelligent woman, Splinter is really a rat and Casey is... well, somethings just don't change.

All the turtles personalities are "updated". Ralp is not only sarcastic, but a loose cannon (a little sloppy than his past self). Don is the brainatic, Leo is the perfectionist and Mikey is just as loose as ever with the catch phrases (as well as being the "fall guy"). "Cowabunga," the phrase he uses in the original manages to sneak into the show (with some backlashing from Raph every time he says it)

My only complaint is that it's a Saturday morning cartoon. So, some of the aspects of the show will not make sense.

For example: TMNT fights with weapons, but if they were to strike opponents with their weapons (especially Leo and Raph because they have fatal weapons), they get "stunned". Also, they have to tone down the mature themes of some of the shows based on the comics. In the episode "Time Travails", Renet in the comics was a little more adult (in attire) while here, they have to tone down her looks for the kiddies. Another example is Baxter Stockman and no matter how many times he suffers, he manages to stay alive via his technology. But why does he always wear his glasses in his holographic images, especially since he doesn't "need" them?

But other than the shortcomings, it's great story telling. The "solo episodes", where is centers around one character is also excellent. Unlike the Teen Titans, where one character is more interesting than the other (but as a team, it makes the show good), each Ninja Turtle can hold their own as well as being together.

Kids and kids at heart will enjoy this new series. Anyone who downplayed this series because it isn't the "classic" should realize one thing: if you didn't read the Mirage versions of the TMNT series, then you have no idea what "classic" is. This series is based off the real classic, the comics that started the "classic" cartoon series.

Now, with the Shredder (hopefully) written out of the show, the show will get more interesting because this is where the comics end. What will the theme song be like? Who is this "Bishop" guy and now that the Shredder is gone, what will happen to the Foot?

Tune into Season 4 and find out!
  • This show is abosolutley the best TMNT show EVER!

By bringing the TMNT back to their roots, Peter Laird has created one of the greatest ever. With a perfect belnd of action, drama, humor, and sci-fi this new TMNT show manages to pump out excellent characters, unbeliveable storylines ripped straight from the original comics, and and great action scenes that stay true to the TMNT's orgins. It's an amazing show and you should definatley check it out. If your a hardcore fan of the old series, you probably wont like this new one, but for the rest of you, you'll absolutley love it. A perfect way to reawaking Turtlemania.

I give this amazing show a 10 out of 10.
  • don't be stupid and hate it just because its not the turtles you grew up on, this show is killer, the scope, the characters, the story, and the trademark ninja turtle action

don't be stupid and hate it just because its not the turtles you grew up on, this show is killer, the scope, the characters, the story, and the trademark ninja turtle action, this series is based off of the classic mirage comics by kevin eastman and peter laird, its dark and mature most of the time, contrary to most action cartoons now, this show is driven by a strong, interesting, and cohesive story, the show is occasionally hurt by just being a childrens cartoon based off of a mature comic book, obvious problems being that the turtles fight not with their fists, but with weapons, and this occasionally makes some wierd scenes, the animation in general is nice, and its also nice to see a show take a more realistic gritty comic type style to it, instead of opting for the more popular and mainstream anime looks, however there is too large a percentage of lackluster animations in the show, i have chosen in this review to write about the negatives of the show rather than the positives because that would take far too long, ill put it briefly and say that, the story flows through the entire series, the characters are not only interesting and likeable, but change as the series moves, the fight scenes in the most recent season are very well done, and while not as visually impressive as Teen Titans, this show is all about the characters and their adventures, in wonderfully rich world, this show is definately a favorite of mine, if it could be made as a more adult cartoon with nicer animation, it would be as good as it gets
1 2 3 4 >