Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

FOX

RaijinPaladinix

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) Fan Reviews (105)

• don't be stupid and hate it just because its not the turtles you grew up on, this show is killer, the scope, the characters, the story, and the trademark ninja turtle action

don't be stupid and hate it just because its not the turtles you grew up on, this show is killer, the scope, the characters, the story, and the trademark ninja turtle action, this series is based off of the classic mirage comics by kevin eastman and peter laird, its dark and mature most of the time, contrary to most action cartoons now, this show is driven by a strong, interesting, and cohesive story, the show is occasionally hurt by just being a childrens cartoon based off of a mature comic book, obvious problems being that the turtles fight not with their fists, but with weapons, and this occasionally makes some wierd scenes, the animation in general is nice, and its also nice to see a show take a more realistic gritty comic type style to it, instead of opting for the more popular and mainstream anime looks, however there is too large a percentage of lackluster animations in the show, i have chosen in this review to write about the negatives of the show rather than the positives because that would take far too long, ill put it briefly and say that, the story flows through the entire series, the characters are not only interesting and likeable, but change as the series moves, the fight scenes in the most recent season are very well done, and while not as visually impressive as Teen Titans, this show is all about the characters and their adventures, in wonderfully rich world, this show is definately a favorite of mine, if it could be made as a more adult cartoon with nicer animation, it would be as good as it gets
  • This show is abosolutley the best TMNT show EVER!

By bringing the TMNT back to their roots, Peter Laird has created one of the greatest ever. With a perfect belnd of action, drama, humor, and sci-fi this new TMNT show manages to pump out excellent characters, unbeliveable storylines ripped straight from the original comics, and and great action scenes that stay true to the TMNT's orgins. It's an amazing show and you should definatley check it out. If your a hardcore fan of the old series, you probably wont like this new one, but for the rest of you, you'll absolutley love it. A perfect way to reawaking Turtlemania.

I give this amazing show a 10 out of 10.
  • Two words: most impressive. This version of the heros in a half-shell is much easier to digest for the fans of the Mirage comics and reclaims the dark and humorous tone of Eastman and Laird's vision... sorta.

This version is TMNT may upset the fans of the classic Ninja Turtles series... and since it does, I can't relate to them. True, I loved the old series, but when I saw the black and white Mirage comics and how they are really visioned by Eastman and Laird, I felt robbed and have to settle for the "kiddie" experience.

However, when I first heard about this show and how it will not only make more sense character wise, but it was loosely based on the original comics, I was like "yes!" I watched every show and it made me a kid again each show. I remember some of the comics and how some of the shows matches the comics.

Stockman isn't a Fly (or white), Bebop and Rocksteady isn't in the picture, Krang no longer exist (at least not in the way he was depicted in the original show) and the Foot is... well, they are still the Foot. The turtles are different shades of green, April isn't a reporter, but an intelligent woman, Splinter is really a rat and Casey is... well, somethings just don't change.

All the turtles personalities are "updated". Ralp is not only sarcastic, but a loose cannon (a little sloppy than his past self). Don is the brainatic, Leo is the perfectionist and Mikey is just as loose as ever with the catch phrases (as well as being the "fall guy"). "Cowabunga," the phrase he uses in the original manages to sneak into the show (with some backlashing from Raph every time he says it)

My only complaint is that it's a Saturday morning cartoon. So, some of the aspects of the show will not make sense.

For example: TMNT fights with weapons, but if they were to strike opponents with their weapons (especially Leo and Raph because they have fatal weapons), they get "stunned". Also, they have to tone down the mature themes of some of the shows based on the comics. In the episode "Time Travails", Renet in the comics was a little more adult (in attire) while here, they have to tone down her looks for the kiddies. Another example is Baxter Stockman and no matter how many times he suffers, he manages to stay alive via his technology. But why does he always wear his glasses in his holographic images, especially since he doesn't "need" them?

But other than the shortcomings, it's great story telling. The "solo episodes", where is centers around one character is also excellent. Unlike the Teen Titans, where one character is more interesting than the other (but as a team, it makes the show good), each Ninja Turtle can hold their own as well as being together.

Kids and kids at heart will enjoy this new series. Anyone who downplayed this series because it isn't the "classic" should realize one thing: if you didn't read the Mirage versions of the TMNT series, then you have no idea what "classic" is. This series is based off the real classic, the comics that started the "classic" cartoon series.

Now, with the Shredder (hopefully) written out of the show, the show will get more interesting because this is where the comics end. What will the theme song be like? Who is this "Bishop" guy and now that the Shredder is gone, what will happen to the Foot?

Tune into Season 4 and find out!
  • Better than the original Ninja Turtle series. The characters are very well done, better than the last TMNT cartoon series. The stories really keep me interested and want to see more.

The series is truely well made than the original version before this one. The people who reintroduce to this series put more thought into it. It is darker, but not too dark that kids would not see it, but still the series is very interesting. The videogames for this version of the series really stink, badly, I wish whoever made the games should have put more thought into them. It is kind of sad that I like the classic TMNT game than the modern ones.
  • Wait, those aren't the turtles I remember...ahh, who cares, this show is awesome!

Wait, those aren't the turtles I remember...ahh, who cares, this show is awesome! A modern adaptation of the hit show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. While the story may not seem original as the characters are all recreations of the past, the truth is that there is many new aspects to the show. This show in general has a darker tone to it which not only makes it a little more adult in nature, but also allows for storylines that the old kid focused show couldn't even dream to explore. The animation all has a modern feel to it with smoother lines and more detail to it, and the music and sound in general has a full rich tone that compliments this modern vision nicely.

My final review: While the original is great and unforgettable, this version is just as good in its own right and maybe even better as its darker nature is even entertaining for adults.
  • Awesome Ninja kick-butt action.

One of the best shows on 4kids tv. I can't wait to see the season premeire. The first episode I ever watched was "The King" and I still laughed at the humor even though I had no idea about what was going on. Good action scenes and humor here and there.
  • Same four ninja brothers but a bad new set of stories.

Growing up i used to watch the Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtals all the time but times have changed and so have the turtals. This show is okey but it is not the origenal. sure they tried to revamp the old ieda but they have had a rought take off. the animation is better than it was when i was wating the origanal tuttals and they changed the clasic theam song withch is not good. some times change is good but in this case they should try to hold on to some tradition.
  • Rarely is a remake truly better than the original. However, in this case the original was just stupid, and the remake is really good.

This latest version of TMNT is much better than the 1987 version. The story is much closer to the comic book story, it isn't as violent, but that is to be expected for a Saturday morning cartoon. All the changes made for the latest show, when compared to the old cartoon, are a real improvement. Mikey is still kind of stupid, but not nearly as bad as the old cartoon and movies. April Oneal is not a dumb reporter in a silly yellow jumpsuit anymore. She is actually a useful companion. And I actually like the twist they came up with for the Shredder, even though it wasn't part of the comic it works out well.

Over all, the show is great and is one of my personal favorites.
  • this is a reveiw of my presonal favorite episode of the ninja turtles , and why i like this serten episode .......

this review is about my personal favorite episode from the ninja turtles , and why i like this episode . my favorite episode is al the city at wars , 1 2 and 3 .i like this episode because leo feels that it is his fault that the city is at war. so leo disobeys master spinter by going out to try to help stop the war . but it turns out that it somehwo brings the turtles intothe war now.so raph he is really mad now because leo goe off to the war when it wasnt there fight.well on the run from the foot they decide to hide out in a sort of water tank.while hideing there leo and raph start arguing unawear that a foot ninja placed a bomb under the tank.the tank blows upand thats when they meet kairi a leader of the foot ninja in japan . leo and kiari compermise to put a stop to the war.raph get even madder and stroms off.but the rest of the guys and kiari have a plan. kiari dresses up as the shredder and all the purple dragons andthe foot ninja come to the fake sherreder , but they soon find that it is kiari. they are all in dangoure and all is hope less till someone comes alone in the fight. turns out it s raph and master splinter .they all fight the good fight and kiari decides to take over for the sherrder.but little did the turtles know that kiari had a secert that the real sherreder was aand is still alive .so now you all know .thank you for reading my rewiew
  • A new twist on the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

This show has tons of action, just the thing I like when watching an action animated series. The show follows the same story line as the origonal movies did, but does it in a new cool animated series. It takes the turtles in a whole new direction and features more action and story than the origonal cartoon. Also their are new plots and twists in this series that the origonal cartoon, movies and comics books didn't have. Which makes the turtles even better than before.
  • Its the TMNT how cant you know what this is

Right away i was a little way ward of this show. Then it started to pick up and i became an avid admirer. I love the involvement of the Utroms and the Triceratrons. And it did do a good job at sticking with the original comics. I loved there hidden analogies, and spoofs on Star Wars and Star Trek as well as other series. I however soon grew to distaste this when the writters decided that they should combine Krang(from the '87 series with Shredder), that was the dumbest idea ever. The writters then slowly whittled away at Baxter until he became an eye, which i was predicting in a mockful manner. I just couldn't stand the mockery of the TNMT anymore so I quit wathcing it after the season finale, when Shredder was jettisoned into space with the turtles.
  • The new TMNT is unbelievable! It's great!

I watched the old, the classic, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a child. I loved it. It was undoubtedly my favorite show on television. When it was canceled I was crushed. I was not as fond as the next series: The Next Mutation. The realization finally sunk in that I would never see my beloved turtles again. Then a miracle happened and the TMNT were reborn in 2003 and they are better than ever! I was amazed. While the old cartoon was generally an icon for the younger generation, this new version focuses more on the comics and targets the old fans of the show and a slightly older age group. I've watched this show through every season and now that we're into season four, I can barely hold my excitement in. I've seen three episodes from the new season and believe you me, the TMNT just keep getting better and better!
  • Very cool.

This show is quite a few ways better than the original show. I love the way Mikey acts like a goofball all of the time. I love the new theme song, especially when Mikey says "We shredded Shredder!". I wonder who the next villain will be though. I just hope he/she will be better than Shredder was.
  • TMNT are more grown up (like the kids who remember the old version)

Although I still love the old version of this show, I kinda like the new version better. Maybe it feels more like the shows more "grown-up" (like me now) so that's the reason I enjoy it more, but I find that the characters are more developed and each turtle's individual personality shine through more than in the previous version. In the case of Shredder, the 2003 shredder seems more like a villain than the bumbling shredder of the 80s/90s. Also, the story lines are more interesting to watch and have a little more substance. There is a wider variety of villains and problems for the turtles to overcome that range from quick-fixes to major challenges. It keeps the show fresh, rather than revolving around one main villain that you know they're going to beat anyway.
    Also, (like many other kid's cartoons today) some of the individual episodes that are meant to stand alone actually connect to or hint to future episodes.
    Anyway, right now this show is definatly at the top of my favourtites list. I can't wait to see what season 4 has in store!
  • Definitely one of my favorite shows to watch on tv, every saturday morning.

First off, this show is bangin, i just have that to say for it. Naw, i'm just playin, it's a fun and engagain show with a bunch of memorable character's that i love to watch and watche every time i see them. I love this show, the animations and the humor is top notch, just like the old cartoon from the 90's. Michaelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, and of course, the only turtle without an O at the end of his name, Rafael. Still as fiesty as ever. It also brings back the favorites of the show as well, well, people who weren't turtles as least. Master Splinter makes a comeback, as well as Casey Jones and April, they all are here. I recommend this show to anybody who loves the turtles. Of course it is kind of new aged, so it might seem a little different from the 90's, but it's still the same.
  • Absolutely fantastic.

Forget the 80's animated series and the live action series The Next Mutation... this series is the definitive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television series. At least in my opinion.

Unlike the 80's series which was far removed from the comic books, this series follows the comic books far more closely and even throws in it's own new plot lines and twists.

The Turtles are the same as the Turtles in the comic books; Leonardo is the honour bound leader, Donatello is the technological genius, Michelangelo is the fun lovin' dude and Raphael is the hothead who loves fighting.

Master Splinter is their sensei who looks frail but is fact a total badass. And while the goofy incompetent Shredder of the 80's series would have trouble frightening a kitten, the Shredder in this series could potentially give you nightmares.

Is this a series worth watching? Yes it is. However, if you are a fan of the 80's series, don't watch this expecting the same level of silliness and fun; this series is completely different to the 80's series. This series is MUCH darker and grittier. If you're a fan of the comic books, this is definitely worth watching.
  • It's great and all, but I think it needs help to get it back up. -- Needs More Mikey

O.M.G, I didn't know they'll have this here. I basicallt watch tmnt every morning on chease tv, I'm so not calling it toasted tv.
    tmnt is one of the last good cartoons out there for kids to watch that isn't anime. We all rely on it now. My favourite quote from it was, by my favourite character - Mikey, "I was voted most likely to brightes any room with my smile".

Basically this show is superb for kids, espcially people like me. Although, it has been going downhill lately, since most of it's original plot's been done or already been continued, or reused. Right now they had random stuff and the episode on 2day was a continued, reused story line from way before.

• The best show on Television, it's just that the only one's who know it seems to be me and a select few of others mostly ranging from the ages of five years old to eight.

Best show on TV. Funny, animated, deals with world problems, it's getting a little sci-fi on me, but that's ok. What else do the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have to do besides get sucked into adventure after adventure, each one stranger than the next. I must say I prefer the more down to earth episodes like The Shredder Strikes Back parts one and two and Tales of Leo, but this new season four looks awesome. Heck! They even redid the theme song for it. I'm crazy for the green guys. Witty dialogue and kick-butt action (animated, too, so no one was hurt in the making of this series, well...besides all the people with hand cramps from writing or drawing too much).
    Give the show a chance, unless you're afraid you might actually like it...heh heh heh... ;-)
  • Dark, Gritty, But Wheres' The FUN?

Funny how, as the editor, you're expecting me to praise this above the original...bottom line...I won't. I never will, and it'd surprise you why...or would'nt it?

The reason is simple. Its' not fun.

When the series began, I knew what we were pretty much getting, a darker, grittier Ninja Turtles, a world of more intesnity, a direction, much more accurate interpretations of the principle players, no more cameos from a deranged, yet goofy Casey Jones, and more freequernt apperances of a far more well rounded, sane vigilante with a straight goal and priorities beyond a Frank Castle approach. April O'Neil, no longer a dopey reporter for Channel Six, now once again a scietnest and technological tinkerer. Baxter black, and less of a suck-up, and Shredder...violent, cold, distanced, and who does'nt take orders from a brain...this time he literally resembles one.

Should make for a much richer experiance than the original right? Not quite.

The current series, as it has progrssed, I've found IS one of the better american series out there, and the best written next to Justice Leauge Unlimited...but the humour is dry, some of the mutlple story arcs have mediocre build and poor resolutions (Turtles In Space, Big Brawl, Dimensional Saga), despite the fact these all form part of a larger picture, it does not execute it in the fashion and manner that the 90s' X-Men and 90s' Spider-Man pulled off with thier side-trips during major story lines. It does not come off as a tight jigsaw to those NOT aqquainted with the comics, or hell, people who even read the comics, as a result, several arcs look out of place, and the quality of some of them truly drags down the experiance.

The original is fun, light hearted, and an enjoyable well written series for the first three seasons, and then dips in areas, but overall maintains a charm and innocsense that noone will associate with this. Theres' nothing charming or fun about it, what it is is a gripping drama, but lets' face it...there can only be so many instances until that genre becomes passe. And we are vastly approaching a time where fun needs to brought into the balance. Teen Titans is already paving the way with this, even if its' efforts at comedy come under scrutiny.

Make a face, drop your pants, theres' a reason the original TMNT still succeeds, and its' because it moved around its' constraints at the time with the most original characters and humour you had seen at that point.
  • More mature than others.

This is an anime that is more mature than any others showing in Hungary, and I bet if there would be a mature toplist it would be in the first 30. The story starts with 4 little turtles mutating into 4 big turtles... Well said :D. Mutants are a popular topic nowadays, not only in animes, for example X-Men or Spiderman or Hulk. This turns out to be an accident that was made by an "alien colony". Aliens are also popular nowadays, as there are planets discovered where lifeforms could exist, and also it was proven that water was on Mars earlier. In any means - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a very good program for any 10-18 years old person.
  • THE PERFECT TURTLE

Incredible show. Great writeing and animation. Always surprises with shocking twists and heart pounding action scenes. This is my favorite show of all time. Has very good character development and a long list of interesting charecters. Its fun to following the episodes with the comics. The comics may reveal something the show didnt and vise versa.
  • Decent and dark, but whatever happened to the fun loving turtles?

2.1
    This show is a complete waste of time, unlike its 80s counterpart. Sure, it has Don, Leo, Raph, and Mike and they go around fighting the evil Shredder, but where's the turtles I grew up with? This show is not very interesting, nor is it any good. Sure, people probably will say that the 80s TMNT was better, because its absolutely true.
  • This Newer Series is more ranged at the kid teen audience than just the kid audience... though the original series was a big huge unbeatable hit this newer series isn't doing as well as it should.

This Newer Series is more ranged at the kid teen audience than just the kid audience... though the original series was a big huge unbeatable hit this newer series isn't doing as well as it should. it's drawn better the voices and everything fits Perfectly it's one of the most under-rated cartoons of all time and it deserves viewer attention until it's end, which hopefully will not be any time soon. so viewers watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on saturday Mornings on Fox.

Also the series is aiming itself more at the teen age than in the previous seasons.. even though it's all good no matter what... TMNT deserves More!
  • Great Show

This is the best! This version of tmnt is the best one so far. Tnmt's cool fight scenes and funniness makes it a great show. When I first watched this, I wanted to see more of it. I can't believe anyone wouldn't like this show. This show is a must see.
  • I can't complain.

This is an alright show. I really could not say that it is anywhere as good as the original one but it has that turtle feeling. The personalities of the turtles are the same and their loving for pizza and other things but still. I guess I find the classic one to be better because it started it all and it was huge at the time. This newer ninja turtle show is like modern day cartoons so theres really nothing I can say about it. I hope they show reruns of the classic soon the DVDs are helping though. Heroes in a half shell where are you?
  • A new group of Ninja Turtles for today's audience, quit comparing it to something made for the 80's audience.

I grew up watching the old ninja turtles cartoon, although it slowly faded from memory as the years went by. I saw various different incarnations from the movies to "The next mutation", but I must admit this is my favorite incarnation as of yet.

The action and comedy are on par with one another, and provide decent entertainment to the audience. Occasionally, valid information on Bushido, samurai and japanese history is sneaked in, an added bonus. 2000-based humor seems to work oddly well with this concept, as displayed by Michaelangelo. The concept of aliens involved also makes the concept of the Shredder more interesting than before.

Don't be biased if you're a fan of the old show, give it a shot.
  • What a GREAT!!!! ninjitsu action...........

Teenage mutant ninja turtles is a great series. It has a lot of great action that is full of BUTT KICKING!!! It has a lot of ninjitsu action and a lot of problems that the turtles must face. Teenage mutant ninja turtles is talking about four turtles who mutated into big turtles that can talk. These turtles face a lot of problems. Some of there problems that there is a professor that makes machine cats that destroys the turtles home. Other of there problems that they face a man named shredder who is evil. Shredder wants to conquer the world with his foot ninjas. Each time they faced shredder they defeated him and think that he died but he returns miraculesly. So these turtles have a lot of problems to resolve so watch it cause it's full of great action.
  • Four turtle brothers, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, and their Master Splinter prepare each day for the battles of tomorrow. The looming menace of The Shredder, along with many others, puts the family through trials and hardships that really

I really must admit that I didn't expect the Ninja Turtles to return. It's always been a great show, but the first version didn't grab as much attention as it probably should have. I greatly compliment the writers and producers for bringing this show back. There was absolutely no dropoff at all, only improvement. Michelangelo is back comical as ever, Raphael has the same amount of seriousness, Donatello didn't lose a cell of his brains, and Leo still has great determination intact. The look of the show is more polished, voice acting is excellent, and this has brought back everything that a traditional Turtle fan knows and loves.
  • Following the Mirage Studios original comics is the TMNT Millenium series.

I was more into the original Turtles at the time. Y'know, the ones from the 80s that started the pizza craze? Well, after renting the film I begin to look into the new version a bit more and now I am hooked, line and sinker. It maybe darker then the kiddie version, but I give it props for great writing!
  • Gone and now back!!

TMNT was huge in the 90's, from it's cartoon show to the movies to the action figures. Now TMNT has been retooled and is just as good if not better then the original series. The drawings are amazing. The storylines for the most part are very original and also compliment the comicbooks nicely. Another every Saturday show for me.. :)
< 1 2 3 4