Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Saturday 10:00 AM on FOX Premiered Feb 08, 2003 Between Seasons

RaijinPaladinix

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) Fan Reviews (107)

• this show sucks they couldnt wear bandanas over their eyes becouse it was gang related besides the old one ruled

i cant put into word how lame they made the ninja turtles they used to be awsome but now they are just lame i mean they cant have the bandanas just over their eyes becouse of gang relation its a cartoon what kind of crap is that dont get me wrong i love ninja turtels its just that its a bunch of crap how they do this to cartoons oh i know why dont they change the name of justice league back to super freinds becouse league insists that there is some sort of gang relation thats crap just crap or i have a better idea lets just change every cartoon into a rip off of blues clues
  • they could'nt come up with something original

Tmnt 2003 is a new cartoon aimed at today's kids, althought they try to make it somewhat interesting and original, this is impossible. Its like remaking the simpsons, no one should do it, same goes for tmnt.
    This version of the tmnt is lame, money grubbing rubbish. The obviously remade it to make money and its just not got the same feel or anywhere near the same popularity as the classic series. The animation itself is annoying and the theme songs are pretentiously pathetic, the supporting characters are not likable in this version whatsoever. Never have my eyes seen something so irritating.
  • Decent and dark, but whatever happened to the fun loving turtles?

2.1
    This show is a complete waste of time, unlike its 80s counterpart. Sure, it has Don, Leo, Raph, and Mike and they go around fighting the evil Shredder, but where's the turtles I grew up with? This show is not very interesting, nor is it any good. Sure, people probably will say that the 80s TMNT was better, because its absolutely true.
  • PIECE OF CRAP! How dare they change the ORIGINAL TMNT\'s from their 1990\'s cheesy animated goodness!

This show really IS unoriginal. They've already DONE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I grew up watching it, and it was good while it lasted, but it went off. Don't rehash it for Godsake!

This new version really SUCKS from the one I grew up with. Yeah, maybe I AM a decade older than the target audience, and the ones that grew up with it tend to be judgemental on new verisons, but this just plain out right sucks! Come on! Leave a dead classic to rest in peace!

I'll take the 1990's TMNT over this crap any day. -gets stabbed by angry fans- Hey, it's my opinion, not yours, and no amount of flaming will change my mind.
  • TMNT, COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, TMNT was way past its time as no one cared about fighting turtles liked they did in the action figure generation. I did like the attempt to bring back the show,as that makes the original version a classic in itself. However, first of all, they added new, sckish characters to the show. Why did the turtles need a muscle head to help them battle, looked like they were doing fine by themselves. Also, what was up with the minion of the brain and Shredder. AS I recall, they didnt even call them by their real names. What happened to the old group of minion they had, they would have went perfect. Most importantly, they screwed up the names of the turtles, don't know why though. So until someone comes up with a decent newer version of the teenage mutant ninja turtles, the show should remain in the classics vault.
  • This is a crummy re-make of the masterful 1980's-1990's TMNT verison, (which it's better.)

5.5
    My 14th review after the "Animanaiacs".

Ugh... A crushing dissapointment. This is not anything like the Original 1980's-1990's TMNT. it's all darkish grim, and not enough humor. The video game for the PS2 was pretty crushingly unorignal, It wasn't anything like the Original 1980's-1990's TMNT video games that was also published and Devoplped by konami!!!!!!
    It was more like a crummy THQ game or a crummy Electronic Arts game. Now the grade, This cartoon is ONLY gonna get a D.
    Now the Results:

Voice-acting: C+ 6.7/10.0 Fair, but Diffrent. That's all I have to say.

Animation: B- 7.8/10.0 Decent Anime Animation, but lackly not enough colors added to this crummy re-make.

Grapihcs: B 7.4/10.0 Decent Grapihcs matched with the animation but there's some Illusion Dectectsions.

Dialouge: C- 5.5/10.0 The script's too much actiony, but there's not enough humor.

Sound: C 6.4/10.0 Too much action and rock n roll music, not enough genres for it.

Lasting Appeal: D 4.6/10.0 Once again, Not like the original 1980's-1990's TMNT version.

Overall D 5.5/10.0 This is such a crummy remake of the original why could'nt they just make new epiosdes of the Original series before giving them a new look and series?!?!
    That's all I have to say for now.
  • Junk Science

Usually I enjoy a good episode of Ninja Turtles and a few things rarely get up me upset, but this green powered episode leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There is an underlying preachiness about the evils of nuclear energy, which in fact is one of the cleanest/most efficient ways to produce power. They suggest that nuclear plants should be torn down, and in fact the more that are build the better the safety records. I know it's just a cartoon, but they are brain-washing a generation of kids to think that nuclear power is bad - that's unsafe.
  • Same four ninja brothers but a bad new set of stories.

Growing up i used to watch the Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtals all the time but times have changed and so have the turtals. This show is okey but it is not the origenal. sure they tried to revamp the old ieda but they have had a rought take off. the animation is better than it was when i was wating the origanal tuttals and they changed the clasic theam song withch is not good. some times change is good but in this case they should try to hold on to some tradition.
  • Hey, aren't turtles supposed to be slow? Yeah, I thought so. Not my cup of tea.

Lame catch phrases and corny lines, nope its not Hollywood actors, it's the return of the teenage ninja turtles, except for some reason, "MUTANT" has been added to it. ;) After the hit 1980s cartoon and comic series, WB decided to bring a show back, and with more success by many people then most of their new shows. Too me, it was too cheesey and corny, and just overall lame. It could use work, unless you like jumbled phrases. ASnimation was fin and plots, okay. Nothing stellar from this series. The 6 rating, because I'm not fond of it, nor the lines.
  • Its the TMNT how cant you know what this is

Right away i was a little way ward of this show. Then it started to pick up and i became an avid admirer. I love the involvement of the Utroms and the Triceratrons. And it did do a good job at sticking with the original comics. I loved there hidden analogies, and spoofs on Star Wars and Star Trek as well as other series. I however soon grew to distaste this when the writters decided that they should combine Krang(from the '87 series with Shredder), that was the dumbest idea ever. The writters then slowly whittled away at Baxter until he became an eye, which i was predicting in a mockful manner. I just couldn't stand the mockery of the TNMT anymore so I quit wathcing it after the season finale, when Shredder was jettisoned into space with the turtles.
  • 4 turtle brothers become exposed to " ooze" and become humnalike and then are taught ninjitsu by a rat which was also exposed to some " ooze ".

5.5
    Ever since i was young, i was always a tmnt fan. When they came out with a new version in 2003 i had high expectations. i really liked the first few seasons of the show because of its animation style and its darker approach to the childish storylines of the '80s cartoon. However, i did not like how they are too engulfed with this futuristic stuff where they fight with lasers and guns. theres hardly any " ninja" in the turtles anymore. i would like to see them back in our time doing wat ninja turtles do, ninja turtle stuff!!
  • Mutant Turtles bashing everyhting in their way : what more could you want?

6.6
    A show that is definitely worth watching. The old version was bette rthuogh but the new twists and turns make up for it and it is good that the true roots are finally revealed on TV. The show creates plenty of mystery initially and as it turns out the turtles become much larger heroes than was previously realized. Master Splinter is given a greater personlaity and fighting space and the new enemies are definitely not your average stereotypes. the nature of the true shredder is revealed. People get to die and cool ninja moves can always be expected from every episode.
  • Overall the TMNT (2003) series is well drawn and has better voice actors than the original, some things are annoying.

The fact that the show reverts to letterbox to emphasize a dramatic scene becomes old after a while, seeing as it reverts to it at least 5 times per episode. The show would be better off if it didn’t revert to letterbox quite so frequently. Also another thing that ticks me off about this series is that Shredder is not really a human, which was the best part of the story line. Shredder is Splinter’s master’s rival and not just an alien that posed as a human. Plus Splinter should be brown instead of gray, that’s just odd.
  • Great Show

This is the best! This version of tmnt is the best one so far. Tnmt's cool fight scenes and funniness makes it a great show. When I first watched this, I wanted to see more of it. I can't believe anyone wouldn't like this show. This show is a must see.
  • Better and Badder than the Original!

The newer series involves a lot changes, the turtles have more individuality. They are colored differently, like they have always been in all of their toys. (When TMNT came out with their toy line back in the '80s the turtles where shaded in different greens, most noticeable was Dons brownish tone). Leo exhibits more of his interest in becoming a true ninja more than the rest. Raph has more attitude and is show more of the team muscle. Mikie is shown as more of a comic relief with sometimes more than usual odd personality traits. He’s often most prone to knocked down then the rest, and isnt as skilled w/ his nunchukes as like he was in the original animated series. Don his more of a genius w/ gagets and computers. Thanks to today’s in vast range of technology and influences, it allows Don to be more of a detailed character than ever before. The darker animation was inspired by the (90s FOX kid’s) Batman Animated Series "black background set up. Its more detailed and shows the characters (especially the turtles) more muscular. The costume assessments for the turtles are a bit more appropriate too. The turtles actually wear their weapons all of the time so it wont look like when its time for them to fight a "Power Ranger" tick, (when they pull out their weapons form out of the clear blue sky). However I don’t like how April O'neal is portrayed in this series, because it makes her seem like a social misfit her personality seems a little dry at times, her career isn't as glamorous as in the old series because she's more of a greek than a beauty like her old series (she was a very attractive news star reporter in the old series and when the new show first began she was some kind of chemist or computer greek until her boss turned out to be a crook and she lost her job and opened an antique shop). On the newer series her skin is pale and her outfit that she wears looks a bit played out. Casey Jones is a bit less aggressive, and actually is shown as a temperamental man with hockey sticks not a symbol of mysteriousness who hides behind a mask like in the old series. He’s a great ally to the turtles. Splinter is wiser and more creative and has a lot to offer as a teacher in the art of Ninjety. He also has a few hidden dark secrets in the past which makes him a more interesting character now. The fact that hes actually a rat, not just a genetic mutuation of a man turned rat makes him somewhat of a more believable character. Shredder is quite an interesting character; it seems like theres no getting rid of him or her from this series. This character has become one to be feared and not taken lightly. This newer version of the animated series opens the doors to endless possibilities, and a long running television series.
  • Used to be very good.......

Ok,this used to be the only thing that was even REMOTELY watchable from 4kids(Don't get me started on the One Piece and Sonic X dubs)I quite enjoyed it,that was,untill I realized they turned it into to Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles:Fast Forward becuase Playmates Toys and 4kids wanted more stupid merchandising rights.They did a good enough job with the show before they turned it into Fast Forward.The animation was good,the voice acting was decent,and I quite liked it.And now,it's corrupting millions of children into buying their stupid toylines that come out of their shows.I'm one of the smart ones he didn't corrupt(though I was corrupted I did not know of the terrible thing Kahn did)If it wasn't for tv.com I wouldve been another one of those mindless zombies at that a*swipes command
  • TMNT was the show that started my love of superheros! Ever I've been watching the show since I was 5, and I still do. I learned that its so classic that my teacher even watched it!

7.1
    I really like this show a a pretty big fan. I watched it when I was 5 and I still do. Its a bit like X-men, with mutants ands such but kinda better. They're turtles, that dress like ninjas, and fight evil for crying out loud! Whats not to like?
  • Though true to the comics, it does not have what the original 1987 cartoon had.

(NOTE: This is a review for Seasons 1-4 and the \\\"Lost Season\\\". Fast Forward refrences are not in here. Please know that.)

In 1987, they had made and aired a TMNT cartoon and took it off the air on November 2, 1996. Though it was more family-friendly than the comics, it was great. The 2003 show, well, it does stay true to the comics, but it doesn\\\'t really give us the fun we had with the old cartoon.

Animation/Video Quality - 9 out of 10: Overall, this show looks quite nice. The style feels dark and mature like the comics. The characters look great, the environments look gritty, and the fight scenes also look nice. But, where are the pupils on the turtles? I know this isn\\\'t important, but come on. The 1987 show had it, the live-actions movies had it, even the new CG movie coming out is getting them. Come on, 4Kids. Get with the times.

Audio - 7 out of 10: Episode music and sound effects sound nice, but the theme song is less exciting then the 1987 cartoon. That was the main reason why you got up so early in the morning, because most theme songs put you to sleep. Sure, the 4th season had a more catchy one, but they need serious changes. The voices, on the other hand, are mixed. Some, like Casey Jones and Splinter, fit them perfectly. Others, like the Turtles, sound OK or terrible.

Entertainment - 7 out of 10: The dark themes, plot, and great action sequences in the show truly makes this the most violent Fox Saturday morning cartoon yet, which makes it true to the comics. Parents, don\'t worry, it\'s still approprite enough for small children to watch. The biggest complaint that the characters aren\'t as lovable (couldn\'t find a better word) as the 1987 show. True, some of the new traits (such as a more brotherly bond) are great, but they never take the time to let the viewers get to know the characters, you don\'t feel attached to them. If they are sad, you don\'t feel sad for them because you don\'t feel for them.

Overall - 8 out of 10: The gritty feel, action, plot, and animation really make this true to the comic, but they really screwed it up with the theme song, voices, and character developments.
  • It's cool

What can I say? It follows the comics which I haven't read so therefore people here don't like me. 4Kids has it and their voice actors are the best. I watched the old version when I was little, then got into Next Mutation (which the comic fans despise, which makes them even more rude to me). It's too bad cuz I really liked V. Anyway, I'm getting kind of sick of it. After defeating the Shredder, it's just anti-climactic after that. My favorite saga was the Daimyo's Son/Draco incident.
  • Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles. A very popular tv show............................................

Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles. very popular. Those four turtles have been everywhere, from comics to action figures, to tv and film, a lot of people love the turtles. Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles started in 2003 following the success of the origanal tv show. As people watched and watched this tv show, they realised how different the show was to the origanal. But I like it. There was more action than humor and though there wasn't heaps, the humor was still very funny. Three years passed and the show was still delivering laughs until the creators of the show ran out of ideas. They than decided to change the show's name to Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles: fast foward. The turtles went into the future and it was awful. So that why I put the mark of this show down to 8.3. But their is some good news, there changing it back to just tmnt. Horay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Could be better but hey it's still good.

While I do agree that it could be better, this is still a very good show. Now I personally don't think it's as good as the 80's version of the show but that's the one I grew up with, and we all know nothing is as good as when you're a kid. This incarnation of the series is supposed to take on a darker tone than the preivous, so the "fun loving" turtles will just have to be found in the old VHS tapes and the DVD's as they come out. You won't find them here. What you will find is a Ninja Turtles cartoon that is a little more closely tied to the original comics which is perfectly fine with me and will not ruin the old show or this new version for me.
  • Great Show

This Show is Great. It has the perfect voices, great music , epic battle scenes and it's mostly great for its dark themes. I mean it is really dark. An episode in season 4 is know as "the banned episode" for being to gory and the VILLIAN kiddinapping his old lab assistance while having depressing dreams about his dead mother. In season 5 an episode was never completed, due to it being to dark and violent. My fav episode would be In season 3, where don gets zapped in to a future taken over by the Upton shredder. Splinter and casey are dead. During the final battle three of the turtles get brutally killed. Plus a this shows main shredder is a real badass and nut job. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
  • Secretly wished it was more violent

Various ep (03-09)
  • The Turtles as they were meant to be...

This show is very well written and executed. The writers were smart to use the original Mirage story arcs as the basis for the series. It isn't overly childish, or too adult. It seems to balance itself well in the range everyone can enjoy. The animation and voice casting are near perfect, and the addition of season (and series) spanning plots and subplots make this show worth watching every week. My only complaint really, is the annoying theme song.
  • Excellent show with an excellent story line.

Excellent show! Good cast. Perfect Animation. This show is all dat. I like all of the episodes
    but four or five we don't need. This show keeps
    you guessing each episode. They should make a movie about this cuz it needs one. That'd be the
    best thing for this show. (Oh and those 1-2 minute shorts are funny).
  • A new twist on the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

This show has tons of action, just the thing I like when watching an action animated series. The show follows the same story line as the origonal movies did, but does it in a new cool animated series. It takes the turtles in a whole new direction and features more action and story than the origonal cartoon. Also their are new plots and twists in this series that the origonal cartoon, movies and comics books didn't have. Which makes the turtles even better than before.
  • pretty good.

TMNT is a pretty good show.Being a HUGE hit during 1987 and still being a hit today with the new storyline.They brought back some old enemies and made some new ones as well.The fast foward season was a strange plot twist though.It made it even more interesting to me.I hope there are other people out there who feel the way i do about this show.And maybe some of you don't.Well,oh well.Your loss people.I have to reccomend this show to anyone who likes some action,and some comedy in an animated tv show.Well um... goodbye everybody^^ summary by the user animefantothema
  • I like this show. My favorite episode is SHREDDER STRIKES BACK PART 2. Unlike the old show, this show is dark, mean, the turtles actually stay in the shadows. Also, the hip, cool, out of site teenage mutant ninja turtle, Michaelangelo, curses in the episo

This show rocks! I love it. You can check out more about this show on the Fox Box. Or now it's called 4kids TV. This is probably one of the top ten coolest shows on TV right now. I'd probably rate this super cool show 9.1 and that is pretty high. For some nuckle bashing, ninja clashing, super cool shell action tune to 4kids TV on every saturday at 10:30 in the morning. There is also serious butt-kicking ninja action on cartoon network on Saturdays at 5:00 in the morning. Or you can also buy some great VHS or DVD like "THE ULTIMATE NINJA", "SECRET ORIGINS", "CROC ATTACK". Or some DVD like "SHREDDER'S FINAL COUNTDOWN", "THE BATTLE NEXUS"(my personal favorite), "ALIEN INVASION". And bring back the old times with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VOLUME ONE, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VOLUME TWO, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VOLUME THREE (part one), and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VOLUME THREE (part two).
  • A superb remake of a fine show

I must admit i was quite a fan of the old Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles series, and really liked the idea of mutant turtles, ninja enemies and even alien brains.
    However, this series is much, much better. Firstly, the animation style is way better, not to mention the voices. Every turtles now has a well defined personality, better than that in the old series.
    Also, the storyline if better, April being a scientist, Shredder and alien and introducing new characters like Hun or Stockman.
    I love the episodes where Shredder appears, because they are action packed, but not the lame ones, such as A tale of Leo, only put there to fill a week.
    Anyway, overall, a very good show, a superb remake and...keep them episodes coming.
  • One of the best action cartoons thats now an anime

This show is a little close to the comic than anything else ,they had to do a little cut and add for the kid based 4kids tv network..... but its still 100% better than the original cartoon from the 80's and 90's cartoon that was no where near the comic and it was just plain awful if you ask me , this new version has story driven plots good action sence, better voise overs, and charater develepment, its nice to see its still on since most american based cartoons on network tv (4kids tv is part of the fox network) gets the ax after only one season unless its anime, its nice to see them back on done better its to bad they couldn't go with the darker tone of the comics but i'm not complaing its still really good I'm a hudge fan and can't wait for next season. I recommend it.
< 1 2 3 4