Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

FOX

RaijinPaladinix

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) Fan Reviews (105)

• Both TV versions are good but different. This one is edgier and closer to the comic.

This TMNT television show is excellent and much closer to the original comic than the older cartoon. I loved the earlier TMNT too but it was directed for younger audiences and kinda wacky and dorky at times. This one is darker, more realistic, and has a stronger connection to the original version of TMNT. The characterizations are almost all spot on, the voice acting is great and the adventures are...well...more adventurous. Episodes like SAINW are edgy and even thrilling and the relationships between the brothers is heartwarming and far more believable than the earlier show (they were more like friends or fighting partners than brothers). The only big problems I have with this show are April and her outfit...seriously who wears a tight belly shirt while working in a laboratory...or working any professional job for that matter?! The other problem is Fast Forward...seriously...things went downhill in the future arc and never came back uphill. I didn't like the art change or the weird bad guys etc that followed in BTTS. Overall, this was a great show with interesting characters, plot lines and decent action/drama etc. Plus I LOVE Donny so any Donny centric episode was magical to me.