Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Saturday 10:00 AM on FOX Premiered Feb 08, 2003 Between Seasons

RaijinPaladinix

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) Fan Reviews (107)

• Closer to the comics.

Now let me just say, I love everything that's TMNT. Honestly, but I'm also one of those that's a sucker to something that's closer to the original story and that's what this series is. I had seen every episode of this series dozens of times before I finally got my hands on a copy of the original comics. I was relieved to find that the producers of this series kept it pretty close to what Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman actually wrote and drew all those years ago. It warmed my hard, and just made me fangasm all over my desk.

Now what really makes me sad when I see all these bad reviews for '03 series because "It's just not as good as the original". Well, I'm sorry to inform, but it's very close to the actual original story line. Yes the 80's series is a classic, and it's very funny and pleasing to watch when you just need a good laugh or some nostalgia moments. The animation isn't too bad and the characters are very loveable, but if you put it side to side with the '03 I would have to say '03 is superior. The characters each have their own personality, the animations is clean, crisp and accurate, and the screenplay and voice actors really pull everything together right where it's supposed to be, and the first few seasons follow the comics very closely. Yes every show has it's faults and this one's no exception. There are many times phrases are use too often, or they colored things wrong, or the voice acting isn't quite up to par, but those are just normal downfalls to any animated or even live action series'.

Over all, if you are a true fan of the TMNT franchise and haven't read the original comics or seen this series yet, give it a shot. Forget about your nostalgia of the 80's series and just watch this series that will show you just what you're missing. Yes they add things and change things around, but this is as close as you could get before you actually have to read the comics.