Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Something Wicked

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Sep 27, 2008 on FOX

7.8
  • The Turtles travel into Cyberspace.

3 episodes into the season, and here it is, the first not so good episode. It's also the first episode with the Turtles in cyberspace. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. This episode was overall pretty boring, the Cyberspace pesented here is colorful, but that's all it is, colors. The Turtles look okay in their Cybernaut outfits. Yes, that's "Cybernaut", and if you think it sounds silly, too bad, because you're gonna hear it several times in this episode. "Think like a Cybernaut". I cringed on one occasion, something I haven't done since Fast Forward. Most of the action scenes in the Cyberworld are overall pretty lame, at least in this episode. Very disappointing. But to be fair, it might not be only because they're in the Cyberworld. Serling is back to complaining again, I was hoping he would be more positive by now. Oh well, it's nothing major, he only has like 2 lines. So what did work? The Cyber-Shredder. He's a huge threat and there's further explenation on his origins, it turns out he is the one you've suspected him to be. And if you haven't guessed it already, I won't spoil it for you. But here's a spoiler for you. Karai makes a small, but very weird cameo. First in her 2k3 design and then seconds later she's in her BTTS design. But it was cool seeing her again nonetheless. A few parts of the battle with Cyber-Shredder were kinda cool. Shredder getting cut in half was nice. And again, the cyber-outfits aren't bad.

This episode was disappointing. I hope they don't have too many episodes set in Cyberspace, I can't see that it has much potential as of now. If I were extra harsh I'd say it is a cheap gimmick in order to sell more toys. But I won't, because I'm sure future episodes will be alot beter than this. TMNT rocks, this episode don't.
  • So the turtles finally ran into the Cyber Shredder, this is going to be a great season.

I liked this episode, it was even better than Karate Schooled. However the begining on the episode I was a little iffy on , but when the turtles ran into the Cyber Shredder that turned the whole episode around. I was getting worried when the Shredder nearly deleted Mikey. At least now we know that the turtles have to wear cyber armor in order for the turtles to protect themselves from being earased. After all this Shredder has Viral's abilities, so that's going to make him hard to beat in the internet world. At least Raphael figured things out and managed to pierce the Shredder's armor, but I got worried when Cyber Shredder held Raph in his grip for a while. During that time the Shredder could have either turned Raphael againist his brothers or infected him with some sort of virus. If Raph hadn't been wearing the armor though I bet that's exactly what would have happened. I really liked the 'cybernaut' outfits, but I'm not a fan of the word 'cybernaut'. Oh well, I may as well just grin and bear it, because the plot is getting interesting and I can't wait to see what happens next.