Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Something Wicked

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Sep 27, 2008 on FOX

7.8
  • The Turtles travel into Cyberspace.

3 episodes into the season, and here it is, the first not so good episode. It's also the first episode with the Turtles in cyberspace. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. This episode was overall pretty boring, the Cyberspace pesented here is colorful, but that's all it is, colors. The Turtles look okay in their Cybernaut outfits. Yes, that's "Cybernaut", and if you think it sounds silly, too bad, because you're gonna hear it several times in this episode. "Think like a Cybernaut". I cringed on one occasion, something I haven't done since Fast Forward. Most of the action scenes in the Cyberworld are overall pretty lame, at least in this episode. Very disappointing. But to be fair, it might not be only because they're in the Cyberworld. Serling is back to complaining again, I was hoping he would be more positive by now. Oh well, it's nothing major, he only has like 2 lines. So what did work? The Cyber-Shredder. He's a huge threat and there's further explenation on his origins, it turns out he is the one you've suspected him to be. And if you haven't guessed it already, I won't spoil it for you. But here's a spoiler for you. Karai makes a small, but very weird cameo. First in her 2k3 design and then seconds later she's in her BTTS design. But it was cool seeing her again nonetheless. A few parts of the battle with Cyber-Shredder were kinda cool. Shredder getting cut in half was nice. And again, the cyber-outfits aren't bad.

This episode was disappointing. I hope they don't have too many episodes set in Cyberspace, I can't see that it has much potential as of now. If I were extra harsh I'd say it is a cheap gimmick in order to sell more toys. But I won't, because I'm sure future episodes will be alot beter than this. TMNT rocks, this episode don't.