Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Tempus Fugit

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Sep 13, 2008 on FOX

• the turtles and Splinter are on their way back home, but Viral has other plans

What a trimphant return for the turtles, it felt so good seeing new turtles. I like how Viral took over the time gate and snatched the turtles from going home right when it was right in front of them. Viral really wanted to make them suffer but I feel her attempts where a bit weak over-all. I liked seeing the turtles bounced around from time to time. And I think I'm going to like Serling being with the turtles, his interactions with them are pretty good and I don't find him as annoying. I laughed when Don got him up and running again and he said "I thought I was rid of your cretins" or something to that effect. And hey Mikey wasn't completely useless today! He was able to get viral to send them to a time period with the technology so they can battle Viral on her own terms. Good inciative Mikey! and Donatello was just kick shell in this episode, and I loved how he can just take anything dealoing with technology and make it work. My favorite part of the episode was when they where diposited on the street in New York in their own time during the battle of the foot ninjas. Thats when the episode felt like a return to it's orginal roots of pre-fast forward. The urban setting at night, the street and familiar tall buildings with out the glitzy-ness of furture artitech. This is the turtles I've missed! The fighting sequance at this point was the best of the episode too and it was cool seeing that guy with the red hair and beard show up! Can't wait to see more of what he's about because he looks awsome. I always assumed the scattering of Splinter's data was going to be lame but it was handled in a very good and even emotional way, with him noticing Viral about to shoot his sons and him sacrificing himself for them by putting himself in front of the beam. And the turtles reaction to him being "killed", Donatello taking it the hardest because he felt it was his fault. This is the sort of depth I've missed in the series and I hope it continues. The turtles are finnaly back home but they can't even enjoy it because their father was lost to them. I felt good seeing them in their old home though, even if Donatello is feeling anguished. Viral creeping out of Serling and into Donatello's computer system was cool with her searching the internet for a way to repair her self. But it was such sweet moment when she was "captured" by Shredder's data code and turned into the new Shredder. She as Shredder looked so bad ass!
  • The Turtles are back, at last. Do they still pack a punch? Of course they do.

TMNT Back to the Sewer, this isn't a series premiere. I know 4Kids advertise it as a new series, but I still consider it season 7. Just because there's so much continuity, in fact people who haven't seen any episodes previously might have some trouble following this episode. This episode is actually a season finale and a season premiere at the same time. It ends the Fast Forward season and starts the BTTS season. This is evident, they even use the Fast Forward intro at the beginning, and the BTTS intro at the very end. A nice touch that marks the transition between he two. Over to the episode itself, it was packed. The Turtles have to face dinosaurs, knights, Viral and 3 Shredders. Yeah, 3 Shredders. That's the Utrom Shredder, the Demon Shredder from season 5 and the newest addition, Cyber Shredder. My guess is that the time they land in with the 3 Shredders and the Cyber Foot, is just a preview of things to come. By that I mean it's stuff that probably will happen down the road, maybe a season finale. The "death" of Splinter was a bit rushed, but hopefully next episode will devote a little time to this. The big question for many is: "Will this be as dark as seasons 1-5?" No, I don't think it will be. But it's definitely gonna be darker than Fast Forward, which isn't a hard thing to accomplish by any means. I like Fast Forward as well BTW, but not as much as the other seasons. Viral's demise at the end was a bit intense. It seems like a good mix between Seasons 1-5 and the Fast Forward season. Now, can we have the "Dark Turtles" appear? Please. The animation, I think it's a step up from Fast Forward, but not too different from that season. A lot of people seem to have problems getting used to the eyes. Not me, I love the new desigs. April sill looks hot, if you're wondering. You didn't? Well, I guess that's just me then. The Turtles are back, and they're still awesome. I think this season will be just as great as 1-5.