Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Forums

Sunday 11:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

4th Foot Enforcer?

RaizenYusuke

[1]Apr 10, 2013
    • level: 28

Karai is a foil to Leo, Ralph and Fish Face are similar, and Mikey and Dog Pound have a odd relationship, since Mikey tried to be his friend and Bradford was using him. That leave Donnie with no one. Is it a coincidence or is there going to a plot in the future where Shredder has Karai lead her own special team to kill the turtles, like foils, with Dog Pound, Fish Face, and someone to foil Donnie. Any thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DBTrilogy100

[2]Apr 12, 2013
    • level: 7

Now that you mention it, Baxter Stockman comes off as an "evil counterpart" to Donnie. However, now that he's no longer affiliated with the Foot Clan (as of Baxter's Gambit), it does leave a vacuum for Shedder's underlings to have a foil for Donnie.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Apr 13, 2013
    Rat King could have been an interesting foil for Donnie, before he became the Rat King. I guess a evil team of counterparts is overused, but I usually don't mind it. The show itself seems to have set that up or put the pieces on the table for it. On the other Dog Pound and Fish Face are tough enough to take on all 4 turtles with just the 2 of them. Karai does seem to prefer to work alone, plus after Enemy of Enemy she can do well against all 4 by herself as well.

DBTrilogy100

[4]Apr 20, 2013

That is a good point about how Victor Falco was like an evil counterpart to Donnie before becoming Rat King. I too don't have anything against evil counterpart teams, I admit that I'm actually a big fan of evil counterparts since I've always been intrigued by villains who act like a "dark reflection" to heroes. That's also a good point on how the bad guys an hold their own against all the Turtles rather well; my guess is that if an "evil counterpart team" does form, it will be in either of the next two seasons once the Turtles gain a lot more experience.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Apr 22, 2013

The next episode is called Karai's Vendetta. It sounds like Karai is still angry at Leo for betraying her trust (ironic considering what happened in The Alien Agenda) and might be gunning down the turtles at last. Let's see if she works with Dog Pound and Fish Face.

DBTrilogy100

[6]May 10, 2013

That certainly was a good theory, though I can understand why Shredder sent just Karai to get April since he probably wanted to make it as discrete as possible. However, now that April knows what Karai looks like, I think your theory of Dogpond and Fishface joining up with Karai in their next attempt to capture April has a possibility of happening. I do also agree that Karai was being a hypocrite in Enemy of my Enemy given the stunt she pulled in Alien Agenda; she is definitely a "wild card".

DBTrilogy100

[7]May 23, 2014

Given the developments that occurred in the recent episodes, I figured it would be a good idea to revisit this topic with the updated events in mind.

With Baxter affiliated with the Foot Clan once again and Tiger Claw having joined as Shredder's newest Second-In-Command (as well as being set to return in the next episode), this brings the number of Foot Clan Enforcers up to 5. Baxter's mutant fly form has also made him a much more formidable fighter, which means he no longer is restricted to just "tech support". There is also the fact that the end of The Manhattan Project: Part II shows Karai considering that Splinter is telling the truth, which means there is a strong possibility that Karai will no longer be a Foot Clan Enforcer in the near future.

Even if Karai accepting the truth about Splinter & Shredder happens soon, there is still a possibility that Shredder will regain a 5th Enforcer. Specifically, the ending of The Lonely Mutation Of Baxter Stockman shows Shredder demanding Baxter create "one more mutant" for him, which leaves open the possibility that this other mutant could take Karai's place. The most popular theory for who this other mutant could be is Tokka, reasons varying between Shredder wanting to "fight fire with fire" to "completing the mutant duo from the 2nd movie" (since Dogpound has become this show's version of Rahzar).

Another popular theory is that Shredder actually wants Baxter to mutate Karai. The reasons I've seen others supply tend to be "to keep her in line", "in order to further spite Splinter" and sometimes a combination of those previously mentioned reasons. These fans have also differed in their guesses as to whether Karai's mutation would be "a new mutation we've never seen before" or if it would combine Karai with another character from previous versions (much like how Pulverizer/Timothy is a combination of Zach The Turtle Fan and Mutagen Man).

Whether any of these guesses come to pass or something different ends up happening, it certainly will be interesting to see what will happen in the lineup of Foot Clan Enforcers.

RaizenYusuke

[8]Jun 8, 2014
    The lineup has definitely changed. Karai is no longer a enforcer. Tiger Claw has officially taken her place. Right now it is 3 main enforcers, Tiger Claw, Fishface, and Rahzar. I like the idea that Shredder would send Stockman to battle, just so we could get anti-turtle team. Tiger Claw being Leo's foil, Fishface is Ralph's, Stockman obviously being Donny's, and Rahzar is Mikey's. April and Casey being honorary members of the turtles still gives them a numbers advantage over the Foot.

DBTrilogy100

[9]Sep 11, 2014

While those paired matches didn't end up happening, The Legend Of The Kuro Kabuto did end up featuring all four of the Foot Clan mutants as a team fighting the Turtles! It seems safe to say Baxter's fly mutation helps to make him a main enforcer along with Tiger Claw, Rahzar and Fishface. I definitely like how this show didn't go with the usual "2 mutant minions for Shredder per adaptation" idea and gave Shredder a team of mutants that match the Turtles' numbers (though that is a good point that April and Casey help tip things in the Turtles' favor).