Sunday 11:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Season 1 Discussion

Enjoying it so far?

edmasterchaos

[1]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 41

So. Yeah.

This show owns bones.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[2]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 28
    I am enjoying it so far. It is a perfect bend of serious and humor. It succeeds in standing out from its 2003 counterpart and deliver good storys and interesting characters. I wish Disney's Ultimate Spider-Man could blend humor and action/story better like the TMNT 2012 series does.

edmasterchaos

[3]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 41

Agreed on the humor, but I think the action and animation are what does it the most for me. The backgrounds and the city are kinda, well, radical. It has a very strong and unique style that looks really cool and, well, unique. I am so bad at describing art. xD; Anyway, the animation style looks really cool and the fluidness is incredible, the fights are well choreographed and the animation manages to keep up with it so it all adds up to spectacular fight scenes, many of which make me feel that, yeah, i'm watching ninjas.

One thing I enjoy is also the duality with the IDW comics. Those take the more dangerous ideas of the 80's cartoon (mutagen, krang, technodrome, et al) blend it with some other past ideas and then take the series to a whole new direction of spiritualism, that one makes it feel like a family is becoming larger than life while still just growing, and this one is a family that's learning to enter the world. It's also good that both have the same two (well not the same-same) as the big bads: Krangs and Shredder. Both different in comics and tv, yet so similar.

Just, both bring stuff from previous incarnations and take it to their own special blend to go a new direction, it's great.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Feb 4, 2013

I've been following the series and I like what I see. The Rat King episode was excellent. I was worried how a teenage April would work, but she is a great character. I think it works she is the same age or a little a bit older than the turtles. April texting Donnie works better for me than adult April doing it. Leo telling April about Karai and April got really excited made me bust a gut. That worked for that scene. A teenager getting all gitty over her friend meetinga girl works better than an adult for me.

Teenage Karai, I'm not sure if that will work. I do like they changed Karai from the honorable and noble ninja she was in TMNT 2003 and the TMNT cgi movie 07. Her being rebellious and playful works. It played off Leo well enough. She is ballsy to defy her daddy Shredder and play around with Leo. I want to see her interact with Bradford and Sever. That could be a comical lines.

Huvan

[5]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 10
    I'm having a blast with the show as well!
    Really enjoyed the part where Leo told April about Karai in the last episode.
    Due to Karai's age, I'm kinda thinking that she might be Splinter's daughter. Anyone else thinking this?

FOP_fan17

[6]Feb 9, 2013
    • level: 22
    ^That is the majority consensus over at the toonzone forums.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Feb 19, 2013
    So was that fanboy Casey Jones? Xever got him some legs. Shredder needs a 4th and he'll have a team to match the turtles, but I guess considering Dog Pound and Fish face can take on the whole team solo or 2 tutrles at a time a 4th isn't necessary. 3 enforcers on he field makes them petty damn hard to beat already. That is assuming Karai even works with the other 2.

FOP_fan17

[8]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 22
    I'm loving this show! I think it's quite interesting, funny, and action-packed. Normally I don't care about action and don't even pay attention to that stuff, but I must say I love it on TMNT! I don't know how the writers managed to pull off such a great reboot, but it's been a job well done!

Did Casey Jones and April have a romantic relationship in any incarnations other than the comic books? Since Casey is being introduced next season I wonder if he and April will have a fling? I can imagine how well Donnie would take that...

I also hope the Pulverizer turns out to be Casey Jones. It would be nice to see him get in shape the hard way and use the skills Donnie taught him as a good fighter. Perhaps that could help even the odds between the Turtles and Shredder's team.

RaizenYusuke

[9]Feb 21, 2013
    They had a relationship in TMNT 2003 series. The series finale had them get married.

RaizenYusuke

[10]Apr 22, 2013

The next new episode is called Karai'sVendetta. It sounds like Karai's stories will be 2 episodes back to back type of deal. The New Girl and Alien Agenda were also back to back Karai episodes. The episode sounds promising follow up to Karai's feelings of betrayal. It was a way to reverse roles. In Alien Agenda Leo felt betrayed when Karai abandoned him and his brothers to fight the Krang and now Karai feels Leo betrayed her for using her information to try and kill her father.

I'm wondering if this will be the episode that Karai will find their home or Splinter and attempt to kill him like the turtles tried with Shredder or if she will capture or nearly kill one of the guys and force Leo's hand.

PIGGYDOOM

[11]May 4, 2013
    • level: 8

This time Nick actually made a smart reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Unlike Teen Titans Go on CN. I'm enjoying this show so far. And I hope it stays on for a long time. This show's actually getting a 2nd season. And a 3rd season too Cool

admiralemran

[12]Jun 17, 2013
    • level: 1

YEAH I liked this show. I like Leo, Karai, Splinter in this series the most. In the episode THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY Karai started to like Leo after he saved her life. But because of raphiboyKARAI BECAME LEO ENEMY

RaizenYusuke

[13]Aug 8, 2013
    Finale was good. Is it weird Splinter didn't tell Leo that Karai is his daughter? I know its no blood relation, but couldn't help, but laugh at the thought of Leo crushing on his sister. Man did the Shredder not care the Krang was going to kill all humans? What about Karai? I can't believe she's so mad at Leo for betraying her trust that she would be cool with the Krang's plan to destroy the Earth.

frosty_ice

[14]Aug 9, 2013
    • level: 24

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Finale was good. Is it weird Splinter didn't tell Leo that Karai is his daughter? I know its no blood relation, but couldn't help, but laugh at the thought of Leo crushing on his sister. Man did the Shredder not care the Krang was going to kill all humans? What about Karai? I can't believe she's so mad at Leo for betraying her trust that she would be cool with the Krang's plan to destroy the Earth.

Personally, I think that the Shredder didn't care if the Earth was destroyed, just as long as he could have his revenge (a little like what happened with Turtles Forever; the Ultrom Shredder went kamikaze against the Mirage Turtles, even knowing that if they were destroyed, he would disappear as well; a little like, "If I have to die in order for you to be destroyed, so be it! At least I'll go to Hell knowing I took you with me!"... in this case, I think it's a little bit the same).

As for Karai being Master Splinter'sdaughter, I already suspected it, and I'm sure that in season 2 will have a lot more development on that story arc. It will be fun to see if April and her dad will try and get a normal life, or if they willstay with the Turtles instead. Plus, with Casey already confirmed to showup onseason 2, it's going to rock!

RaizenYusuke

[15]Aug 9, 2013
    Still feels weird Karai was fine with it. She is upset at the turtles, but enough to damn humanity seemed extreme. Then again the second season will explore the Krang and Foot alliance more and we'll see how Karai reacts. Case Jones introduction should be good. I really liked the series so far. It's a good mix of humor the 80s was known for, but has the darker elements that made 03 series good. One thing I hope they address in season 2 is if they should find a new lair. April's dad unintentionally may have given away the lair's location to the Krang and the Foot. A good season premiere would be Foot attacking the lair.

VirusMonster

[16]Aug 17, 2013
    • level: 15

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Still feels weird Karai was fine with it. She is upset at the turtles, but enough to damn humanity seemed extreme. Then again the second season will explore the Krang and Foot alliance more and we'll see how Karai reacts. Case Jones introduction should be good. I really liked the series so far. It's a good mix of humor the 80s was known for, but has the darker elements that made 03 series good. One thing I hope they address in season 2 is if they should find a new lair. April's dad unintentionally may have given away the lair's location to the Krang and the Foot. A good season premiere would be Foot attacking the lair.

It's a possibility that Karai doesn't know the full details... all that the Krang just need April O'Neal and so they brought her to them. I don't think Karai knew that the Krang wanted to invade the Earth and doom humanity otherwise I don't think she would be that OK with it... she does like Life.

And I'm curious to see if Karai will find out the TRUTH about her and Splinter and how she would react to it. This is the first time in the series that Karai is related to Splinter as I don't recall Splinter having a daughter originally.

And imagine the look on Leo's face when he finds out Karai is his adopted sister... even if they're not blood related they're still siblings and he'd probably be weirded out the next time he sees her.

RaizenYusuke

[17]Aug 22, 2013

I'm surprised the show got away with Leo crushing on Karai. Ever since she was introduced people expected her to be Splinter's daughter. I think the exes at Nick might have thought that and not been cool about even flirting with the idea of adopted sibling crushing on each other. I have to admit I too am interested in seeing Leo's reaction to Karai being his sister and seeing if that ends the crush.

Karai being Yoshi/Splinter's biological daughter is interesting concept. I know Karai was Shredder's adopted daughter in 03 series and thought she would be his adopted daughter here, but it is neat twist to have her be Splinter's daughter. It gives her connection to the turtles. In a way it's like a Cain and Abel story. In the last series Karai was a darker version of Leo. Her being adopted by a ninja master (Shredder), being loyal to him to a fault, being honor bond, and going to extreme lengthens to protect her family Shredder. That made Karai interesting in 03 series. She didn't want to kill turtles but her love and loyalty to her dad kept her from leaving him despite being a monster. It ended badly when the turtles stopped Shredder for good and she took up the mantle to avenge him by killing the turtles. I don't want spoil too much in case people who come on here haven't see 03 series and might want to check it out.

This version Karai is still a dark version of Leo, except they're like opposites. Karai lost her honor code and serious demeanor and became a fun loving bad girl. The first episode with her had her tempting Leo letting go of his responsibility/honor to do whatever he wants. The story was good cause we see Leo could easily turn into someone like Karai if he abandoned his responsibilities and did whatever he want. She works as Leo's nemesis here. Now the speculation is true I wonder how being Splinter's daughter will effect the characters. April is all but a surrogate daughter to Splinter. There is a rivalry building between April and Karai already. How would guys feel about fighting Karai once they find out she's family? I can see Mikey wanting to turn her and view her as a sister. Ralph I can see thinking she's too far gone to ever be apart of the family (maybe jealousy cause she's Splinter's actual blood). Donny I have no idea how he will react. Leo will double his efforts in turning to get her to join them for Splinter's sake. I'm not sure if they'll drop the crush altogether. This series seems to have no problem with turtles having love interest with actual humans (which reminds me of Disney's Gargoyles having Goliath and Elisa relationship). Next season might killing Donny's crush on April with Casey introduction. I can't see Nick being cool with them continuing to have Leo crushing on his adopted sister.

Next season should be good.