Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Forums

Sunday 11:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Season 2 Disscussion

RaizenYusuke

[1]Oct 12, 2013
    • level: 28

I liked premiere. Poor April. She just go her dad back and now he's a mutant. I wonder how long the fallout between the turtles and April will last. This season going to be mutant hunt?This was a big screw up on turtles part, soI guess we'll see them suffering the consequences all season long. Season 2 looks promising so far.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]Nov 7, 2013
    • level: 61

So far, so good. I especially liked "Follow The Leader". Splinter finally told one of his sons the truth about Karai. If anyone's interested, there are summaries for some upcoming episodes below (Spoilers!):

(11/9) Mutagen Man Unleashed

Donatello experiments with mutagen in an attempt to find a cure for April's mutated father, which causes the Pulverizer's mutated form to gain new abilities. Then the mutant goes on a rampage, only for Casey Jones to come help out.

(11/16)-Mikey Gets Shellacne

Michelangelo plays with some mutagen, contracting a dangerous infection that mutates out of control. Donnie must find a way to cure before it infects the others or even worse the city.

(11/23)-Target: April O'Neil

April tries to resume her normal life, but soon realizes that she may have put her friend in jeopardy when Karai starts hunting her again. When Karai proves more than a match against both, the turtles, especially Donnie, who is trying to repair their strained relationship, must jump in to help.

(11/30)-Slash and Destroy

Spike mutates into a bigger turtle called Slash, and he gains a personal vendetta against the brothers, except for Raphael.

Edited on 11/07/2013 11:52am

VirusMonster

[3]Nov 8, 2013
    • level: 15

Some of these episodes sound awesome! I can't keep for them, looking forward to the Mikey episode where they got infected, April jumping in to help her friends, and the Spike mutated episode sound great to me!

RaizenYusuke

[4]Nov 10, 2013
    I really liked Follow the Leader and Mutagen Man. Leo and Karai's stories always parallel well. Splinter gives Leo more authority by trusting him to train his brothers, while Shredder forbids Karai from making a move on her own. Leo questions his leadership skills, while Karai takes leadership role by using new Foot Tech Ninjas. Mutagen Man was surprisingly disturbing in a cool way. I liked Casey Jones. Even though April is mad at them she still covered for the turtles. That was nice.

bluecatcinema

[5]Nov 24, 2013
    So, April finally forgave the turtles, and Karai keeps working behind the Shredder's back...

RaizenYusuke

[6]Nov 24, 2013
    Bradford was threatening as Dog Pound, but now that he's mutated again the guy is dangerously threatening now. April is becoming a skilled fighter. She can work that fan. I wished the episode revealed if the other turtles know about Karai's origins or not. Looks like Leo and April's storylines will involve rivalry with Karai.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Dec 1, 2013
    I'm really liking how this season is gradually growing darker. Slash was played completely serious. He was threatening compared to other turtles, but the beatings he gave Donnie, Mickey, and Raph was brutal. I don't think the turtles got as injured since the first time they fought the Shredder. They barely beat Slash who got away at the end. The writers have been doing good at making the villains more dangerous and stronger to keep their threat level to the heroes big and keeping the fights from becoming too predictable and stale. Season 2 has been good so far.

bluecatcinema

[8]Dec 14, 2013
    Slash was something else, alright. And I really loved Rahzar's introduction.

RaizenYusuke

[9]Jan 9, 2014

New episodes start back up in February. From what I saw of commercials it looks like the Foot will attack the turtles at their home in the sewers. It finally answers my question if April's dad gave the Foot and Krrang the location while he was under their control.

DBTrilogy100

[10]Jan 19, 2014
    • level: 7

It looks like Nickelodeon recently released a new trailer for Season 2 that can be viewed here. According to this trailer, new episodes are actually going to premiere on Sundays now, instead of Saturdays. It also confirms the return of several villains, though most are in a "blink and you'll miss it" moments.

Edited on 01/19/2014 2:12pm

nyfan

[11]Feb 2, 2014
    • level: 20

Well it is like all the lessons Raph learned from "Slash and Destroy" went out the window and learned them all over again in this one.

I love Raph and Casey first meeting, it reminded me a lot of their meeting in the first movie, and they even mentioned his little sister, so she might be in the series If I remember correctly she and Splinter were very close.

I thought maybe the common enemy was Slash, but it is too soon to bring him back, but I do expect Casey to have deal with Slash one day.

I thought for once the good guys were going to have a complete win, and no silver lining for the bad guys as usual, because it is too soon for the Foot to know the Turtles location, maybe late in the season. And than they move to a new location just like in the second movie. Though I think before than maybe 3 quarters of the way through the season that Karai might find out their location on her own and find a clue to the truth about her father, and for her reasons keep that information to herself, and than Shredder eventully finds out later on.

I don't know about you guys, Irma looked like a dark haired Velma Dinkley.

Anyway awesome episode, can't wait for the next one and the big Kraang secret.

RaizenYusuke

[12]Feb 4, 2014

Raph and Casey dynamic is still the same as it was in 03 series. Them butting heads and thenlearn to work together to kick bad guy was right on. Casey fits right into the turtles. His fear of rats was funny, especially when he met Splinter. I was afraid that Donnie's crush on April will split turtles up when he finally got integrated into the group. Everyone seems fine with him. Donnie's biggest complaint was they now have 2 Raphaels.

I'm a bit afraid thata love triangle will form and dominate some of the plots. Donatello's plots are suffering lately because they are too focused on April and its notcute anymore to the point where his brothers are getting sick of it. He needs more plots without April to see him shine or grow as character. He's becoming too dependent on her. Where as April's plots can survive on their on and not dependent on Donnie or Casey. Her plot with Karai is compelling on its own. They both lost their mothers, opposites of each other, and a rivalry building up. April unintentionally becoming a sort of surrogate daughter to Splinter (the scene where he gave her the battle fan was heartwarming and touching)and Karai being Splinter's biological daughtercould heat up the rivalry and make it tragic.

I really want them follow up on Karai being Miwa story. After Splinter told Leo nothing came from it. We don't even know if the other turtles know the truth yet. I can't wait until April learns the truth and see her reaction. Will she try to help Karai or still see her as the enemy?

nyfan

[13]Feb 5, 2014

Well I do hope after Karai finds out the truth and turns away from Shredder, we all know that is going to happen eventully, and she becomes more of a anti hero, I like to see an episode in which April and Karai team up against a common enemy. They bond but also butt heads with philosphy with April having more of a moral compess while Karaii having a ends justify the means philosphy, similar to the time in which Batgirl and Catwomen teamed upin Batman: The Animated Series, I love to see that somewhere down the line. Maybe next season.

Edited on 02/05/2014 7:12pm

RaizenYusuke

[14]Feb 9, 2014
    April's mom was experimented on by the Kraang and as a result April's dna is part Krrang... Bold move to make April a mutant/alien-human hybrid. I wonder how that will go over with the fandom.

nyfan

[15]Feb 10, 2014

Well I had a feeling April's mother had something to do with this. People that complained last week about Casey skill level being too good, well we are bcck on track with April's skill level or lack there of being realtistic.

April made a good point instead of the slow device, if they just would have tooken some of April's hair when they had a chance, they would win, bad guys can be idiots.

As for Klutzmon, well if he keeps following the Kraang around, he is destined to be a mutant someday.

RaizenYusuke

[16]Feb 23, 2014

I liked the fear episode and Metalhead episode. Dealt with good character development for Leo and Donny respectively. Nice to see a Donny episode that had nothing to do with April. The Kraang are interested in the mutants now. I wonder if they'll try to recapture the ones who escaped or if they'll go for the turtles too. These episodes have been entertaining and solid on developments, plot wise and character wise I can't help, but feel these are a bit filler from the darker storylines. It almost feels like they want to keep it light before going too dark. I have feeling the next Foot episode will be dark, especially if it involves the Shredder returning from Japan and what punishment he deals to Karai for deifying him.

nyfan

[17]Mar 2, 2014

Guys, the mid season finale "The Manhatten Project" yup same at the video game is up on Nick.com

But before I get to that, thoughts on today's episode

But onto this episode, so the Rat King is back, funny that Irma was one of the people he kidnapped consider the original series, I wonder if Verne was also captured. And when Casey disguise his voice, sounded like a Batman impersination.

I don't get what the Rat King meant by I have eveyrthing I need, what does he know about Splinter that he uses, I don't know.

The Turtles fight the Rat King and his rat army, a giant rats, nightmare fuel for me. I do wonder did the Rat King have an end game, rule the world with rats, it seemed crazy and too crazy too succeed.

I wonder if this helps Casey get over his rat phobia. Now onto my thoughts on "The Manhatten Porject" which is playing on Nick.com for those in the U.S. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read below.

Awesome episode, you had the 87 Turtles universe, you Turtles vs a Thundercat, more on that later

So the Kraang are using worms for an earthquake machine, it is all part of them to milk worm for mutigen. Well that is the Kraang for you. But we get more of the Casey / April / Donnie love triangle, which I hope will be resolved soon. I have had enough of love trangle from Legend Of Korra, so settle it soon. But Donnie and Donnie do kind of bond, and so cool at the end that the three of them ride one of the worms, it reminds me of something from Honey I Shrunk The Kids, and the reporter dude he is still around and still not mutated yet, well keep follow the Kraang and he will be.

Now I got the Kraang plot out of the way, let's get the good stuff, not I didn't like the Kraang plot, just this plot interest me more. First the turtles are fighting the Foot, Leo tries to tell Karai the truth about her real father, though the Kraang interupts that, personally that wasn't his place, that Splinter's info to reveal, but Splinter says his heart was in the right place, so he forgives him.

Finally Shredder and he has his new right hand man, a mutanted tiger assasgn that was mutated by the Kraang as a kid called Tiger Claw, and I swear he looks just like Tygra from Thundercats, I had the Thundercats theme in my head everytime he appeared. He has a grudge agaisnt that took this tail and want to settle things with him one day, forshadow I wonder who, I can't wait to fight, maybe it is Usagi if he ever appears. I really like him, like Karai, I don't think he is completely evil, so I hope we see him again, and if he is still around despite getting off on the wrong foot, I could see him and Karai become close friends. They are very similar.

After ambushing the Turtles, and using them as bait to lure Splinter, they lure Splinter into a trap, but Leo finally tells Karai that Splinter is real father, but as expected she doesn't believe them. Splinter able to help the Turtles get away, but they capture Splinter. The Turtles know Splinter is in Shredder's lair and vow to rescue him, how they know where Shredder hide out is, I don't know.

Splinter is prestended to Shredder, he is poisioned and handcuffed and Shredder is going to kill him, but Karai stops him, saying what honor would there be if Splinter is helpless, Tiger Claw agrees, I tell you Tiger Claw is a cool guy and not evil. Shredder and orders them to assemble the Foot so they can all watch him kill Splinter.

The Turtles minus Donnie arrive in the nick of time, and a fight ensues, but they are able to get away. The Turtles with a weakend Splinter try to catch their breath on a roof top but are ambush by the Foot minus Shredder again and a fight breaks out again. Splinter finally regains strengh, and they are all kicking butt until a earthquake comes again. Karai seemingly falls off the building, Leo tris to save her but can't, Splinter tries but is attacked by Tiger Claw. Than the worm that Donnie and his team were able to tame comes and eats Tiger Claw. He better not be dead, he is too cool to die in one episode. They all kind of fall into a portal but the good guys are able to escape, but the worm with Tiger Claw inside are transformed into another dimention.

Splinter tells April and Casey about how Karai is his daughter off screen, as we see the aftermath of the conversation with a hillarous reaction by April, but unknown to them Karai was hiding behind a billboard listen to their conversation with hints that maybe she is starting to belief them.

Than we see the worm fell into the 87 universe, with the 87 Turtles thinks this is another plan by Shredder and Kraang. End of episode.

This episode was awesome, awesome cameos by the 87 Turtles with their real voice actors, Tiger Claw was awesome, I don't think he is completely evil, he is more like Karai than Bradford and Xavier I will leave at that, and we get more development from the Splinter / Karai storyline, which is one of most interesting story in this series.

10 out of 10.[/

Edited on 03/02/2014 10:07am

bluecatcinema

[18]May 4, 2014
    "Mazes and Mutants" was a nice little diversion after all the action and emotion of "The Manhattan Project". I loved all the shout-outs and call-backs. Sir Malachai was a pretty neat character, and I hope we see him again.

DBTrilogy100

[19]May 23, 2014
    • level: 7

Press release has recently confirmed that there will be 4 new episodes in June. Here are the episode titles, airdates and descriptions that have been released.

*The Wrath Of Tiger Claw

Original Airdate: June 8, 2014

Tiger Claw returns and vows to destroy the Turtles.

*The Legend Of The Kuro Kabuto

Original Airdate: June 15, 2014

While Leo tries to convince the team to undergo a rescue mission, a master thief steals Shedder's helmet.

*Plan 10

Original Airdate: June 22, 2014

Raph accidentally breaks a Kraang machine, which causes all sorts of confusion.

*Vengeance Is Mine

Original Airdate: June 29, 2014

Leo stages a rescue mission against Splinter's wishes.

With about 2 weeks to go before the first of these episodes air, let the speculation begin!

RaizenYusuke

[20]Jun 8, 2014

Wrath of Tiger Claw was a complete game changer for the series. Karai learned that Leo was telling her the truth and switched sides. Tiger Claw will take Karai's place, no shocker there, since Shredder introduced him as his new second in command. Karai finally fights with the turtles for honor Tiger Claw captures her and takes her back to Shredder. Now Karai is a prisoner. It was a great episode.

Mikey was MVP of the episode IMO. He came up with the idea to use T phone to track Casey (which even Donny didn't think to do with April) and his idea to take them to meat locker was brilliant. It stopped Tiger Claw's sense of smell and it gave them an advantage for a bit. I'm glad the series is finally making Mikey more useful. They're making him too much like a clown that he was becoming borderline liability to the rest of the team. The pizza episode (which filler and silly) was a good direction for reminding us Miky is useful, but this one really solidified Michelangelo being saved for me as a character.

It was emotionally. We saw a lot of emotion from Karai. The series did a good job in character development. It reminded me of the time Leo betrayed her trust and how she was hurt. Her regret and pain of actually tricking the turtles and Splinter was well done. The episode did a good job all around in her doubts, pain, and sadness throughout the episode. Even Shredder had a brief emotional moment. It was brief, but you could see the pain and sadness of Karai finally finding out the truth. He is still evil, but it was a good scene to show that despite what he told Splinter in the first season finale he did grow attached to Karai and possibly even loved her as his daughter.

Season 2 has been great. The stories have gotten a bit darker without it being overblown, emotional stories like this one or Slash, character development, humorous moments in both filler and plot related storylines, and progresses. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an example of a good kids cartoon with enough humor and fun moments without being over the top and serious and darker storylines. I wish new Marvel cartoons would make their shows like this again. We should reaching the end of season 2 I think. I can't wait to see how the season ends and what it will set up for season 3.