Teletubbies

BBC (ended 2001)

mozesx

Teletubbies Fan Reviews (154)

3.8
  • Teletubbies should be given some praise the ideas are really good i mean since when did some people make a huge it tv show out of strange things?...not alot

so the teletubbies...ah memories i remember lots of my family watching this from generation to generation. Its a CHILDS PROGRAMME! its not supposed to appeal to adults so cut the poor teletubbies some slack.The strange creatures Tinky winky,dipsy,lala and po have tvs in there bellies Come on how easy would that be and they dont even need a remote.The babys a sun yes a sun i thought that was funny.Noo Noo the vacum cleaner with eyes and tuby custard an tuby toast you gotta love it! So be nice to teletubbies they entertain kids what more do you want? Super violence in it? that wouldnt be sutible for children under 5.
  • Oddly relaxing

Why does everyone hate the Teletubbies? It's like hating a marshmallow. It's not doing anything to hurt anyone, and you don't have to do anything with it if you don't want to. So some people like it. Chill. I don't see why anyone feels so strongly about it that they must write scathing reviews or give it a low rating. I personally find it kind of relaxing. It's not a bad thing to watch if you're stuck at home with the flu or recovering from surgery,or just because you feel like it. And it's a great show for the little ones, with it's bright colors and the Teletubbies' cheerful, smiling faces.
  • I think it is OK.

Why do people think it is a bad show? Look at all the merchendise! I think it is OK. My favourite teletubbies is Dipsy and Po. It may teach kids nothing but it is funny. I think Tinky Winky is gay He wears a ballet style tutu and likes it so much she doesn't want to give it to Laa-Laa! And wearing a handbag indeed! Dipsy is a bit of a loner. His face is darker than the rest. I love his hat. Laa-Laa is good, but her singing, well, hear for yourself! Po is cute. She seems to know martial arts.
  • aliens!

i liked it for a while when i was a kid but now i am a teen and you know it sucks very bad. la la, dipy, tinky winky, and po are off the chain ! my fav tele tubbie is po. what's yours? tinky winky dipy crazy r they loopy? ya they r cool as ice though! a classic kid show from da u. k.every one watch it while eat big fat bag o' potato chippys. wanudh k i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i enjoy it! so do u!
  • Oh, you know what I'm thinking. "This sow sucks! I'm glad it's over!" Well, here's my answer!

...no. I know, you won't like it, I won't like it, no on over 5 will like it. You have to face the inedible fact;

This
    TV
    Show
    Is
    For
    Young
    CHILDREN!!!!

And I must admit! When my 3-year-old bro wants me to watch it, I feel like shooting a gun up my head. But, you must face the fact, this will NOT appeal to older people. When I was 3, I loved this show, and anyone who didn't, I'd beat to a pulp! So, in this, I will review in what a 3 year old says it.

"Ohh! I love this show! Those teletubbies are four and they helps us with shapes, colors, and numbers! They enetrain me forever! Love it! Love it! Love it!"

This is what CHILDREN shoul watch! Now, I should rate this a 10, but with the lack of story, 9.

So, in concution, under 5 will love it! Over 5, you'll hate.
  • It's a good show for babies.

It's a good show..... for babies. Somtimes it's not cool, sometimes is it cool. Sometime is it the worst show ever, somtimes is it a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. s. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a.
  • People are so retarded for making fun of this show. I don't really like it, but it's not for my age group. You only have liscence to mock it if you are 3 or under.

4.1
    Seriously, get a life! If you're just going to make fun of toddler shows you would probably be more helpful to the world if you went and crawled under a rock. Just because one of them carries a handbag (in England) doesn't mean they're gay. If you like freak out about that than you're too stupid to do anything constructive. If you don't like it, don't watch it, don't talk about it, ignore it. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
  • Why do some idiots hate shows like this? Or Barney? Because they're dumb jerks who are way above the target audience for this show and hate it just because it's a toddler show.

5.1

Teletubbies is infact sort of interesting, they have TVs on their bellys! But back to my rant, people seem to think baby shows should be destroyed. They need to get their heads together. Nobody's forcing you to watch it so why hate it? Oh, I forgot, you people don't listen to reason. Honestly, even the Teletubbies are more mature than you..

Anyway, this show is good for a toddler show. I've given it a "So-so" rating. It's not as good as Barney, though!
  • Teletubies

The Teletubbies started in the U.K. and proved to be a popular children's show. In April 1998, the U.S.A. picked up the Teletubbies on PBS, and proved to be popular with American children too.

Teletubbies is a show about creatures known as Teletubbies (so called because they're tubby, and have TV screens in their stomachs). The Teletubbies live in Teletubbyland, and faraway place inhabited by only the Teletubbies, talking flowers, talking trumpets, a baby sun, the Noo-Noo, a bunch of rabbits, and the narrator. There house is known as "The Tubby-Tronic Superdome", and has everything they need, four beds, a tubby-toast maker, a tubby-custard makers, and a slide used as an alternate entrance. In the middle of their dome, they have a panel of switches and buttons and their tubby sponges which they use to bathe themselves. Each day, the Teletubbies discover new things together, watch videos on their tubby-screens, and have fun together. In Teletubbyland, there's a large windmill, and when it spins pink dust, it let's the teletubbies know that something magical is about to happen. The Teletubbies were developed in U.K. by Ragdoll and BBC.

Characters

Tinky-Winky The largest of the four teletubbies. He is purple, and has a triangle antenna (because of these features, critics assume he is gay but rest assure, he isn't, he may be a tom-girl, but he's not gay His favorite thing is his hand-bag which he can amazingly fit large things in. His best friends are Dipsy and Po. He may be large, but he's quiet and gentle. His song is "Tinkle-Winkle, Tinky-Winky"

Dipsy The second largest teletubby. He is green with a dipstick antenna. His favorite thing is his black and white tie-dye top hat. His best friends are Tinky-Winky and Laa-Laa. He's more of a loner teletubby, and doesn't like "cute" stuff. His song has a reggae beat.

Laa-Laa The second smallest teletubby. She is yellow, with a spiral antenna. Her favorite thing his her giant orange ball that she seems to have no control of. Her best friends are all of the teletubbies. She has a free-spirit and can always find away to enjoy things, her favorite word is "nice." Her song is "La la la la la la la la."

Po The smallest teletubby. She is red, with an "O" shaped antenna. Her favorite thing is her red and blue scooter which she can ride at an alarming speed. Her best friends are Tinky-Winky and Laa-Laa. She is very quiet and usually shy, but loves to go fast. Her song is "Fidy Fidy, Mar Mar Mar"

Noo-Noo The Teletubbie's vacuum cleaner that can suck up anything in his path, even things twice his size. He lives inside the Tubby-tronic Superdome.

Trumpets Trumpets that come out of the ground and sing songs or recite poems for the Teletubbies to enjoy.

Baby Sun A sun with a baby's face in it.

Narrator Basically tells the story, or what the Teletubbies "what to do".

Show Secrets

-The teletubbies in real-life are huge, the costumes can reach up to 10 feet!

-After ten minutes, the actors have to remove the Teletubby heads from their costumes due to carbon dioxide build up.

-Nikki Smedley landed the part of Laa-Laa when she was make-believing she was a table at the audition.

-The Noo-Noo is operated by a small man inside him.

Alot of people have been saying that Teletubbies is teaching their kids to be gay That is a lie. Teletubbies is a show for kids to have fun.
    YEAH RIGHT
  • Teletubbies is bad for older people.

1.1
    This review was written by an autistic Boy who has severe communications difficulties. As such we are removing the review but leaving his rating as is. We will be moderating all his posts from this point forward as an effort to avoid any confusion and hurt feelings. This blanking of what he has written will happen to all the "Reviews" he has made at this time, and should any be made in the future they will be done on a case by case basis. Please do not take offence at our sons words or reviews as he is struggling to communicate with a world that he has trouble reasoning with.
  • Underappreciated???

1.1
    Whats there to appreciate. This show is rediculous. i cant really remember all of the weird things that happened in this show. It is just mind boggling. I dont see the point or purpous. Even Barney had a point to it. If you think Barney is scary, look at the teletubbies. Speakin there baby language. Has any one really figured out what planet these things live on? I dont know? What education do these creatures show. I mean they talk baby talk. One of them has a television on its stomach and you get to watch random kids doing... what ever. Tell me the point of the show somebody.
  • This is just SICK!

How would these people ever disagree with this show. Other viewers aren't saying that to make haters worse! Although the show isn't that educational the show is good for the children and don't even get me started on Boobah!

It maybe gay but heck I give this score higher because of the people who try to help set the statement right. It starts at 4 alien like characters who they start a show that features fun and activites. And so that's the whole point with this review and It's a 3 out of 10 for the final score.
  • I used to like Teletubbies when I was very young but not now i'm grown up.

Teletubbies was one of my childhood favorites when it bagan back in April 1998. If I saw it now it would make me feel very silly because i'm too old for it. One or two bits that stcks in my head that were silly was when the purple one Tiki-Winki put Dipsy's hat, Laa laa's ball and Po's scooter in his bag. Now how would all that fit in a little red bag like he's. Also another silly bit is when they get into bed there beds make a silly noise. Back when I was very young and it first came out I thought it was funny but now I think it is a silly childrens programme.
  • A loveable set of characters who teach basic concepts. My son's first favourite tv show.

7.6
    I use to think this show was inappropriate for young children. But when my son was 18months old he fell in love with it. He is six now and won't let us give away his teletubby videos. I was amazed at how quickly my son picked up vocabulary when he watched this show. He also learned new concepts. His first computer game was teletubbies. He loved being able to predict which teletubby was going to be picked for the video sequences. Every Christmas we still pull out the Teletubbies Christmas special, which teaches children about celebrations all over the world. The critics of this show obviously didn't watch it with young children.
  • Teletubbies is one of the most favorite tv show of many children...because of this children appearance,comedy and the little child can comunicate what did they saying and playing....the four cute teletubbies is the cute and has own good in color.

the teletubbies is the four cute character they all is cute and good with their good friend hte vacuum cleaner who love the four.... this four character with the names of: 1.Tinkiwinkie the color is violet and the eldest 2.Dipsy the color of light green and the second 3.Lala the only girl and color yellow she is the third 4.Pooh the baby color red and the cutest of them all enjoy this tv show cartoon with this four cute teletubbies many children love this show so if did not know this open your tv and find it
  • teletubbies say eehhooo

t i n k y w i n k y , d i p s e y ,
    l a l a ,
    p o ,
    t e l i t u b i e s , t e l i t u b i e s , s a y ,
    h e l l o ,
    e h h o o , i love the teletubies and teletubby custurd, tinkywinky dipsy lala and po are my favorite childrens characters t e l i t u b i e s , t e l i t u b i e s ,
    s a y ,
    h e l l o ,
    e h h o o , p o ,
  • Eh oh!!

I can't believe all the bad reviews I've read about the Teletubbies! I love this show. I was 10 when it first aired but I loved it even then! Tinky Winky is adorable with his little handbag and his soft voice! Dispy is the cutest green charcter on TV (sorry kermit), and Laa Laa is just so wonderful and full of imagination! And little baby Po just completes the picture.

The only let down with this show would have to be the segments with the actual children. I realise that this is for the children watching, but it's not really appealing to me. The rest of the show is just brilliant, between the singing and dancing and the tubby custard and toast, it's just a fantastic children's show, and wonderful viewing for all ages.
  • Amazing ....Gruond breaking Just some words describing the phenomanon that is the teletubbies!!

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesnaw yaaaayyyyy yayaayayyayayaayay yaya ayya ayya yayay ayya yaya ayya ayya ayta ayyabsdb udhy ya ya ya ayaba ayabaya aya ay naya ata ayaya aya ya aaaya asa a67anauanms auas7e7nz xnu8ns s s ga tya yay aya yay aya yay yay aya yay yaya yay ay ayy aya ay ayy aya yya ya yaya yy ya yaya yay yay ay ayya ya yay yay aya yya yay ay yaya yay yay aya yay yaya yya yay ayay ya yay ya yay aya yya yay ayya y aya yay ya yay ayay ya yay ay ayya yay ay yay ay ya yay ayay yaya yay ay ayay ya yay ayy ay aya yayy aya yay ayy aya yaya yay yay ay yaya ya yay yay ay ayay ya yay ay yay ay ayya ya yay ay yay ay ayya ya yay we wee wew eew ew ewe wee we we wew ewe ew ew e we ewew ewe we ew ew ewe we ewew ew ewe wew e ewe ew ewe we wew ewe we eew ewe ewe we we ewe ewe we ewe we ewe ew e eew ew ewe ew ew ewe wew ee wewe wee wee we wewe ew eew ewe ew ewe ewe wewe super super super supercalafragilistcexspeladotios..
  • Gross and yuck -_-.

My nana told me I could not watch this show and boy I'm glad she did it's crap it sucks the sun is ugly this show is boring crap that needs to burn 1/10 horrible/abysmal.
  • I'd rather watch phineas and ferb than this crap.

Okay, I used to like this show when I was a baby...

But, not any more for sure! This is about stupid ailens who do stupid things and come on, seriously? A stupid baby sun?! WTF is a stupid baby sun?! That doesn't make any sense! And a god is not a baby sun! No! Thank god it ended though. But, I hate this show so much I wish TV.com made us still rate it down to 0! If it did, I would've rated it to a big fat 0 (especially fanboy and chum chum).

My rating: Big fat 1! >:(

• This show is so very stupid and it's creator is stupid too.

Why did this show be comfermed by the t.v program it sucks so much I know 2 year olds who say terrible things about it. That only prouves that it really ,really sucks. And why do they hav t.v's for stomachs and why do they like custard so much it sucks like them. I hate them with the burning intencity of a thousand suns they suck just like their creator.
  • This show is kind of good.

Okay,well this show is kind of bad,but it's kind of good for me.But there are some big promblems of this show and here are the problems:

Who the heck would put a baby's head on the sun?It will be like a cartoon with a talking sun that's about one year old.

Why the heck in the beginning and end would put these shower things on going out from the ground?It's very terrible and they can't do that to make this show better.

I really hate the part where they show these scenes of kids because it's very long and they want to see it again.

This show is silent and it's very stupid,but I think this show is okay.

Well,I don't think it's better than Sesame Street,but it's better than Sid The Science Kid.

I kind of think this show is pretty good and it's not that bad,but it needs a little more improvement.
  • You guys, calm down. It's a baby show. Why are you even watching it?

6.7
    I don't get this show. but i have to watch it anyways cuz of my brother. He's a toddler. I mean, criticize it all u want, but you watched it. I don't know why u watch it but, its just a baby show. i mean even i don't get it. im not even sure its educational. But you guys watch it. I mean, take it from a baby's point of view. A baby would love to see these teletubbies. Wouldn't they? I mean they don't really exactly know anything, not really. So if you think it's bad, go right ahead and criticize it, but thats your opinion. You have a right of free speech. But ALWAYS remember this: It is just a show for BABIES and TODDLERS!!
  • Teletubbies are strange mutant creatures from Teletubby land whose evil scheme it is to hypnotize the children of planet Earth into becoming completely addicted to television. By the way, they've pretty much succeeded.

7.2
    This show drives me crazy, but so often when I come across it, or someone else in my family is watching it, I admit I get a bit mesmerized by it, by the characters, by the use of repetition, by the use of repetition, by the use of repetition. Okay, bye now. Okay, bye now. Okay, bye now...
  • I like this show because I like watching people in these kind of costumes walk around.

7.2
    The reason that this show has such a bad rating here at TV.com is because that the people who rate this show are selfish. They don't consider the fact that it's for children, or they don't think out of the box. The reason people may think this show is uneducational is because that people expect too much on school education just because it's a children's show. Well there is some educational value in it. It may not teach you about numbers or the alphabet, but what it teaches you about is friendship. It shows you how to get along and make peace with your family and friends. They may have poor speech skills, but they are expressive and do things well. I don't blame anyone about the Teletubbies' appearances freaking people out, but this show is recommended for people from babies to toddlers. They are too young to be freaked out by them. That's all I have to say.
  • I use to wacth this show all the time, It was great. But as i grow it began to seem so boring, So i would rate it a 5, But it's great for little kids ages 1-9.

7.8
  • It's so stupid it's funny.

Like I said before, It's so funny it's stupid! I think I remember watching this as a kid, last week I watched it out of curiosity, and boy, is this stuff stupid. I think my favorite was dipsie for some reason. I liked his hat I guess. My little brother was Tink-winky. Probably because it was the only boy left. The only reason I gave it that rating is I am getting into watching baby shows for comedy. This show is probably number 1 in the "Funny Baby Show Charts."

I'd suggest watching it a couple times for laughs and memories, then if you like it continue watching it (Which I doubt.)
  • This show based around four children, Tinky-Winky Dipsy Laa-Laa and Po, who live in idealistic Teletubbyland. They start each day with the sun rising. They have fun playing with their favorite things and eating Tubby-Custard. Teletubbies love eachother ve

This show is an Educational and Entertaining show for the 1-3 year olds. I know it is educational because my niece learned how to say hello and bye-bye while watching this program. And my 1 year old son loves this show. Everytime it comes on he gets a big smile on his face. They talk and walk and act funny because they are made to seem like the children they are targeted for (1-3 years). For those of you who do not understand this show and how it can be entertaining and informative that's because you are not the ones they made the show for. If you do not believe, then just look at the smiling faces of the children who do. They believe and that is all that matters.
  • Cool!

Cool! Note to Spongeyfan: Don't you even realise that 5.8 is a good rating ?
  • Great back then!

It was certainly engaging to say the least. They need to bring back the teletubbies with a more modern version geared toward learning. At least if they could speak now and teach something would be fabulous. When I am with the family and the little ones are watching this, it is certainly entertaining. But just like Mr. Rogers was wonderful, just bring it back with a sense of the new millenium. The rugrats grew up and everyone still loved them. Overall, a decent show for the little ones but it can only get you so far then you need more.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6