Teletubbies

BBC (ended 2001)

mozesx

Teletubbies Fan Reviews (154)

3.8
  • Underrated to the max.

I'm shocked at how much criticism this show recieves, it is quite possibly the most underrated show of all time. It's strange to admit, but I enjoyed this show as a kid and I still do. It's surely not fast paced and annoying like Boohbah or Yo Gabba Gabba. Each Teletubby is very charming and cute and are sure to relate to younger kids. And Tinky Winky isn't gay, the "gay" rumors are stupid, it's a kids show for crying out loud! While the sun being a babys face is pretty creepy, I can overlook it since the show isn't completely centered around him. I also liked the Vacuum Cleaner Nunu and his ability to clean up things. The show also has great set designs and very relaxing background music. The thing that bothers me the most in terms of this shows criticism is people complaining how it's not educational, it actually is if you give the show a chance. Despite having no dialogue aside from the narrator and The Teletubbies lines, it actually teaches lessons about friendship, kindness, manners, teamwork, and sticking together no matter what. It's strange to admit, but I still enjoy watching this show as of today, and it sure does bring back a lot of good memories. And the good news is that they're bringing it back into production after 10 years, let's hope they don't ruin it.
  • So much better than other crappy kids' shows

I used to think this was the most underrated show ever, but then they made Liv and Maddie. This was also my favorite show until Liv and Maddie came out. I just reviewed Dora the Explorer and now I'm on Teletubbies! I'm still watching One Hundred and One Dalmatians. They finally got the message to the Colonel and now St. Tibs in in the De Ville House investigating the crime! I wish this movie had a profile at this site. They don't have a profile for The Jungle Book either.
  • ok so... wow!

i must say .. i was on youtube maybe a few months ago me and my dad and brother watched this episode it was so funny and weird and stupid we couldnt stop laughing! we like watching crap like this 2 make fun of it, K? itd never be something that i think is learning and creativity and point of this is... 0. they mustve been on drugs. heck, look at the episode, musical playtime, then write down what u learned.. which will be nothing!!
  • NOOOOOO!!!!!

Teletubbies freaking sucked! No wonder I never watched that peice of crap when I was younger. All I remember from that show are four fat multicolored baby looking things and the sun with the face. This show was just plain terrible.

If you want to keep your three year old entertained instead of scarred for life then I don't suggest anyone to watch this show.

Watch Caillou or Little Bill instead.

@Disney4life: sorry it took me so long to reply. I visit this site weekly, not daily, so it may take a while. But I still haven't gotten a chance to watch Rabbids Invasion yet. I'll definitely get to it ASAP.
  • So much better than the Rabbids.

Rabbids Invasion is a poor man's Teletubbies. Period. Just like how Sanjay and Craig is a poor man's Regular Show. Let your kids watch this instead. The Rabbids has too much toilet humor (in one episode literally even!) and violence, as well as bad behavior and messages. This show is a classic. I don't see how anyone could dislike this show, but like THAT show.

UPDATE ON OCTOBER 11 (originally posted on October 5): ShadowPhoenix, have you SEEN Rabbids Invasion? It's much worse than this show. And dumber. It's one of those shows where when you watch it you can feel your IQ points dropping as you watch it.

UPDATE ON OCTOBER FEBRUARY 2: Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig. Also, to Oldnickolodeon34: I think this really IS the most underrated show ever! Like you said, there's nothing wrong with it and it sure as hell beats any of the new crap Nick has been creating lately. Like Rabbids Invasion, The Thundermans, The Haunted Hathaways, Sanjay and Craig, Sam & Cat (which had so much potential but sadly is a good example of a good idea gone bad), and of course, Breadwinners. The only show that I think is even half as underrated as this Liv and Maddie, which also gets too much hate for no good reason. We need more shows like these, and less like the ones I mentioned that are currently polluting Nick.

UPDATE ON JULY 22: demariusbridg, can you PLEASE review Rabbids Invasion? This is like the fourth time I've asked, I asked in my reviews of Breadwinners, Sam & Cat, AND Every Which Way. As I said before, to all the people saying this show sucks, watch all those crappy shows on Nick right now. And Rabbids Invasion IS a shameless rip-off of this show, just like how Breadwinners AND Sanjay and Craig are shameless rip-offs of Regular Show, plus Sanjay and Craig also rips of Adventure Time while Breadwinners rips off classic SpongeBob episodes. And then The Thundermans and The Haunted Hathaways also rip-off Wizards of Waverly Place, plus The Thundermans also rips off The Incredibles. And to huthcumber, it's true! Po is awesome! She's my favorite of the Teletubbies and I even had a crush on her for a while (don't sue me). And why recommend Caillou over this show anyway? Don't people hate that show just as much as this? Everywhere I go I hear complaints about that show and how the kid's a spoiled brat who never gets punished by his parents. OldNickolodeon34 is right, this show DOES teach about friendship just like The Fox and the Hound! It also teaches kindness and I've seen some episodes where REAL educational value is there, they've taught numbers and letters, shapes and colors, and they even had a video about exercising. Plus they teach kids how to dance. This show does a FAR better job at teaching dancing than Shake it Up does. So yeah, all you haters, try watching an episode of Rabbids Invasion or any other show in my list Worst new Nick shows since 2008 and TELL ME you STILL think this is the worst show or the worst kids' show ever. I mean all they do on shows like Sanjay and Craig or Breadwinners is talk about butts, barfing, flatulence, and poop. This show is completely clean and family-friendly!
  • Po is Unbeeveabow!!

Baby Po is the cutest, smartest, smelliest little scooper in the universe.
  • This is the worst childen's show ever!

It's so bad, that only one thing is good. That is the inside of the house machines. Everything else Sucks. This show is almost Pointless as the late 2000's the Mr. Men Show. And almost bad as Sonic X. 5/100 Horrible.
  • The worst show ever

I'm glad I never watched this, my mom has a burning hatred for this unspeakable piece of filth and never bought it. This show, if you can call it that, makes no sense whatsoever. Four demonic aliens dancing around and singing and a baby, the creators should go fuck themselves.

On a more sympathetic note, the creators have my absolute pity and should go and create something that isn't a waste of space. They must have been on drugs when they made this. Maybe they should be shot. I know people can have their opinions but I can't believe a perfect score and a 9.0 sits directly below this text, seriously?
  • Great for toddlers

Yup, this show is great! Toddlers can really learn a lot of stuff in life from this
  • Gross and yuck -_-.

My nana told me I could not watch this show and boy I'm glad she did it's crap it sucks the sun is ugly this show is boring crap that needs to burn 1/10 horrible/abysmal.
  • I can't belive I used to like this show

I'm such a dumbnut when I watched this. Fuck, that show isn't even that funny. The characters make gay stereotype. All they say "again again". It's even more friendly than disney cartoons. Which is disney cartoons are better than this piece of crap. Only soccermoms would enjoy this show a lot.
  • Cool!

Cool! Note to Spongeyfan: Don't you even realise that 5.8 is a good rating ?
  • Teledummies

Stupid shitty show. Instead of Teletubbies, we should call them Teledummies.

Tinky Winky = Tardy Wardy

Dipsy= Ditzy

La La = Blah Blah

Po = Dope
  • Braindead show.

This show, can increase your IQ if it's below 15, but if it's above, it'll reduce down to the floor. LOL. So true.

Plot: This show is about 4 aliens that has a very forgettable and strange name, who always stands and spin around in the hills like a total idiot.

Characters: Idiotic and unfitting to teach kids, how can you teach with someone who didn't see the most basic living things in the world in the first place, oh wait, they're aliens. But they should be smarter right? But they're stupid. They can't teach kids. They always go off-course on their thoughts. Their eyes is creepy, but their designs are somewhat okay for me I admit.

Education value: Do you think there would be if the assigned characters and the concept is so very stupid? Well, no. I can't even find one, at least one, a tiny one.

Overall: -1.3. One show that needs to be buried underground or be stocked in the old closet to be forgotten.
  • this show was awful

i was terrified of the baby sun and the tubbies. like, who the f-ck keeps a tv on their stomach. now that i look at the show, it really was awful. im glad its over, and that my 6 year old nephew doesnt have to watch it.
  • WHAT THE HECK?!?! This Show is Freakish!!!!!!

2.7
    My 19th review after "Barney and Friends" but a remake because it got deleted.

What in heck's name is this? Ailens with stupid anteinas and attach TV's in their stomachs?!?! Freakish!!! This is Worse then Barney and friends but a little better then Boohbah. I hate this show very much. This teaches Kids how to be Stupid ugly Idiots.
    and What the heck? A sun that has a Baby inside that makes him God?!?! No flipping way!
    Now, I need to give this grade as fast as possible. I give this an E! Here are the results;

Dialouge: F-- 1.7/10.0 tele-Dummies can't talk! They should change the name from teletubbies to Tele-dummies! The most important part of this Terrbile show, There is Also no Storyline in this show at all. Even Donkey kong country is 1000 times better!

Grapihcs: C-- 5.0/10.0 Not as good as the barney and friends grapihcs but still pretty medicore grapihcs and it's colorful. Preharps, too colorful! ACK! MY EYES!!!!
    The least important part of this terrblie show.

Voice Acting: F- 2.8/10.0 The voice-acters should get hit by a burning airplane for Hypoting OUR Childern!

Educational Value: F-- 0.8/10.0 I hate their educational vaule more then barney and friends! This dosen't even teach kids anything!!! This show is the reason why so MANY kids are Failing School!

Sound: F-- 1.3/10.0
    One of the worst soundtracks on any TV show ever made!
    I hate the Poorly made cartoony sound effects as well!

Lasting Appeal: E- 3.0/10.0
    This show is one of the worst things they have ever came up with for kids. Teletubbies should have been on #49 on Tv guide's 50 worst shows of all time. Barney and friends are on #50. Overall E 2.7/10.0
    Even more messed up then Barney and friends. This show litteraly sucks GIANT purple ailen butt. It also litteraly took the darn cake. Aviod this dang show at ALL COSTS more then Barney and Friends NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
  • What the heck is this.

Teletubbies does not teach you anything and above all it makes no sense. Why would anyone want to watch this. There are four teletubbies and basically they go on crappy adventures. This show is as entertaining as Barney. Thats how crappy this show really is. Teletubbies should be cancelled because no one watches it and may never will watch it. If I had a choice of watching Barney or Teletubbies, I'd just pick Barney than rather watch this. I have no clue why it is still on. This show should have ended by now. I there will never be another show like this again.
  • stupidest shit to air in TV history

this show obiously has no plot, 4 monsters torment children for 30 minutes and oddly the children love it. they eat disgusting pudding and burnt "toast" that would posion humans in real life. and they have nothing to do but act ***ed, also, this show looks like several guys tooks hazardously large shots of marijuana, cocaine, and lsd. then decided to create a tv show to show kids what it's like on drugs. i would give this show a 0/10 (but i cant anymore).
  • Who ever though of this is insane and should be put in a nut house(if they were real)

5.8
    This shows definitely sucks and sets an bad example on children this show is about some wierd creatures that come from Teletubby Land one of them(Tinky Winky) is gay because he carries a red purse and in one episode wore a girl's skirt and Po is on drugs what the? why did they make this show for kids i'm glad it's cancelled BBC are the worst company in the world i mean the things they make they are so stupid for making this and the Tweenies this show should be banned forever.
  • I'd rather watch phineas and ferb than this crap.

Okay, I used to like this show when I was a baby...

But, not any more for sure! This is about stupid ailens who do stupid things and come on, seriously? A stupid baby sun?! WTF is a stupid baby sun?! That doesn't make any sense! And a god is not a baby sun! No! Thank god it ended though. But, I hate this show so much I wish TV.com made us still rate it down to 0! If it did, I would've rated it to a big fat 0 (especially fanboy and chum chum).

My rating: Big fat 1! >:(

• You can't be serious. This is educational? How?

Seriously, who came up with this idea in the first place. Teletubbies is about 4 aliens who act really stupid and do absolutely nothing in this show that helps or educates kids at all. All the aliens ever do is just wander around and ooh and awe over stuff like a flower or bee for 5 minutes straight. They also do speak complete gibberish that does not help the vocabulary of a child at all. Also what's with the sun being a baby's face? This show is pretty much telling kids that the sun is actually a baby. Where's the logic and sense in that? This show is not educational in the least bit. I'd rather watch Dora the Explorer, Go, Diego, Go!, and Bob the Builder than this junk. I just want to know what the purpose of this show is. Somebody just drop by my profile, and send me a message telling me what the purpose of this show is and how its educational please. If you are a parent and your child is watching that horrible show right now, turn off the TV and have them go play outside or spend quality time with them.
  • Avoid at all costs!!!

I was busy looking for a decent show to watch on TV. Then suddenly from out of the blues came out this omnipotently unintelligent, retarded, and totally morbid show.
    I mean, there are other decent kid's shows like Sesame Street and Little Einsteins, but this one made me freak out 'coz this damned thing is so retarded, at the same time, horrifying to look at.

Omnipotently unintelligent.
    WTF are they saying? I can only here sounds like laughter or something, baby talk, and some jargon things like 'Tinky-Winky do baba ehehe e... hehehehe.' All they do is roam around here and there doing nothing but stupid stuff like eating custard this and custard that, talking gibberish and worshipping their so-called 'god'.

Omnipotently retarded.
    Whoever thought of this must be either of the following: retarded, drunken, sick, perverted, or maybe one of the members of the church of satanism. Ok, so they're creatures from outer space with weird antennae-like things on their heads. Here, IMO, is the characteristics of each four:
    Tinky-Winky: the largest of the four. He's in a purple suit. He has the attitude of a f*g and he has a girl's purse.
    Dipsy and Lala: Retarded girls in a green and yellow suit respectively that talks nothing but gibberish. Dipsy is stupider.
    Po: Midget in a red suit that's just or more retarded than the other three.
    Then they have TV screens in their bellies that at certain times shows some real images. What the heck is this?!!! They also have some sort of vacuum cleaner like thing that guards the spaceship and cleans up everything that can talk by making suction noises. Then they are kind of worshipping the so-called sun with baby characteristics who they think is their 'god' and they 'worship' them? The hell?!! This is a cult! Judging by their actions alone you can say that this show is f*****g retarded.

Omnipotently morbid.
    Lastly, this show is just pure horror! Those four things look like satanistic and purely horrifying dolls! The scary faces, the empty black eyes... the TV in their stomach seems to act like a camera to take a peek into the human realm for the devil to analyze their potential weakness to prepare a massive attack, just like the one in South Park's Best Friend's Forever when the devil plans to attack heaven.

But what makes these creatures rather satanistic and very horrifying are its ears. They look like the devil's ears!
    Looking into them is like looking at the devil's minions, as if they are tasked to turn human children into retards.
    The pictures of them in this website even looks horrifying, and they seem to be DIRECTLY staring at you... like mindless zombies waiting to jump out of your computer screen and eat you alive! Holy s**t!

The only reason why I gave this show a 0.1 instead of a 0 or a negative googolplex raised to the power of infinty times x equals negative b plus or minus the squareroot of b square minus 4ac all over 2a about Teletubbies is how the hell did they lasted as long as 8 years+?!!!
    I hope this show would be cancelled out and fast! Just looking at them gave me goosebumps!

Sorry for the long review.
  • How can an educational show be this bad?

Well,I guess there is something that is just as bad as Barney and Friends and Caillou. Teletubbies fits that group. This show is about 4 aliens named Poe,Tinky Winky,Dipsy, and Laa Laa. And they do nothing at all. I mean,all they ever do is say "Uh-Oh" and "Ooh". What is this? A hand me down caveman fest? And why is the sun a stinkin baby? Are they teaching kids that God is a baby? Also,every episode is repetitive. There's that stupid shower thing saying "Time for teletubbies". They all walk away saying "Uh-oh",they do stupid things,they see a video full of kids...TWICE,they do more stupid stuff,the shower comes and says "Time for Tele-bye bye",and they all go inside a hole saying "Bye". And that's your entire show right there. I also hate the fact that when they see some kid's video,they want to watch it again. Oh come on! One time was enough,now another?! Overall,this show is like the ultimate drugged up show. It was boring,had no education at all and should be avoided at all costs.

• A loveable set of characters who teach basic concepts. My son's first favourite tv show.

7.6
    I use to think this show was inappropriate for young children. But when my son was 18months old he fell in love with it. He is six now and won't let us give away his teletubby videos. I was amazed at how quickly my son picked up vocabulary when he watched this show. He also learned new concepts. His first computer game was teletubbies. He loved being able to predict which teletubby was going to be picked for the video sequences. Every Christmas we still pull out the Teletubbies Christmas special, which teaches children about celebrations all over the world. The critics of this show obviously didn't watch it with young children.
  • Teletubies

The Teletubbies started in the U.K. and proved to be a popular children's show. In April 1998, the U.S.A. picked up the Teletubbies on PBS, and proved to be popular with American children too.

Teletubbies is a show about creatures known as Teletubbies (so called because they're tubby, and have TV screens in their stomachs). The Teletubbies live in Teletubbyland, and faraway place inhabited by only the Teletubbies, talking flowers, talking trumpets, a baby sun, the Noo-Noo, a bunch of rabbits, and the narrator. There house is known as "The Tubby-Tronic Superdome", and has everything they need, four beds, a tubby-toast maker, a tubby-custard makers, and a slide used as an alternate entrance. In the middle of their dome, they have a panel of switches and buttons and their tubby sponges which they use to bathe themselves. Each day, the Teletubbies discover new things together, watch videos on their tubby-screens, and have fun together. In Teletubbyland, there's a large windmill, and when it spins pink dust, it let's the teletubbies know that something magical is about to happen. The Teletubbies were developed in U.K. by Ragdoll and BBC.

Characters

Tinky-Winky The largest of the four teletubbies. He is purple, and has a triangle antenna (because of these features, critics assume he is gay but rest assure, he isn't, he may be a tom-girl, but he's not gay His favorite thing is his hand-bag which he can amazingly fit large things in. His best friends are Dipsy and Po. He may be large, but he's quiet and gentle. His song is "Tinkle-Winkle, Tinky-Winky"

Dipsy The second largest teletubby. He is green with a dipstick antenna. His favorite thing is his black and white tie-dye top hat. His best friends are Tinky-Winky and Laa-Laa. He's more of a loner teletubby, and doesn't like "cute" stuff. His song has a reggae beat.

Laa-Laa The second smallest teletubby. She is yellow, with a spiral antenna. Her favorite thing his her giant orange ball that she seems to have no control of. Her best friends are all of the teletubbies. She has a free-spirit and can always find away to enjoy things, her favorite word is "nice." Her song is "La la la la la la la la."

Po The smallest teletubby. She is red, with an "O" shaped antenna. Her favorite thing is her red and blue scooter which she can ride at an alarming speed. Her best friends are Tinky-Winky and Laa-Laa. She is very quiet and usually shy, but loves to go fast. Her song is "Fidy Fidy, Mar Mar Mar"

Noo-Noo The Teletubbie's vacuum cleaner that can suck up anything in his path, even things twice his size. He lives inside the Tubby-tronic Superdome.

Trumpets Trumpets that come out of the ground and sing songs or recite poems for the Teletubbies to enjoy.

Baby Sun A sun with a baby's face in it.

Narrator Basically tells the story, or what the Teletubbies "what to do".

Show Secrets

-The teletubbies in real-life are huge, the costumes can reach up to 10 feet!

-After ten minutes, the actors have to remove the Teletubby heads from their costumes due to carbon dioxide build up.

-Nikki Smedley landed the part of Laa-Laa when she was make-believing she was a table at the audition.

-The Noo-Noo is operated by a small man inside him.

Alot of people have been saying that Teletubbies is teaching their kids to be gay That is a lie. Teletubbies is a show for kids to have fun.
    YEAH RIGHT
  • I want to cry

1.9
    What....the....heck....This show makes me upset in so many diffrent ways. I watched the epidoes with the 'tubby custard' or w/e it's called, but it made me sick. I left the room and called my friends and told them to watch it. They yelled at me. The point is, it was horrible!! What is it even about anyway? They have creepy baby things with tellies in their stomaches. I guess that's why they call it the teletubies. (((Shivers))) UUGGHHHH now I know why it's called that!! omg I have to puke. Gross. The tellies, are there stomachs with the TV's, and.........I can't write anymore, I have to smash the TV, this is a monster.
  • Well good riddance!

I'm so glad this show got the can. How is this teaching kids? Only thing I see is retardation. They say stuff like "eh-oh" and "again again". I mean what the heck? Is this brainwashing kids to be retards or what? First of all there is a talking sun, then there are four alien looking thingies with retarded names. This show makes no sense at all. I know a lot of kids shows that teach your kids things like math and stuff but they do NOT teach retardation. This show isn't even good for babies! Kids shouldn't watch this junk!
  • What is this crap?!

First of all this the most GAYEST show there! Little kids do NOT wanna watch gay characters dance like turds! Before it ended, even the new episode looked like repeats! I recommend toddlers should watch shows like The Backyardigans and Handy Manny not this crap! This show should be taken off the air and the creator should be shot to death! It's freakin' scary. What do they wanna do? Make the cry? I feel like shooting those little turds for teaching kids to be gay The sun talks, and they eat stuff like "tubby custard"! What sick mind made this?!
  • Silly, dull and boring!!!

I hate shows like this!!! I really can't stand them.

Teletubbies is so stupid! I mean there is nothing good in it and It's just Bottom of the barrel!

Look everyone, I really can't stand this show or any shows like this and It's painful enough being here and reviewing it so I'm going to say one more thing:

-silly show
    -boring show
    -Dull show

Thanks for reading and taking the time to read my review and trust me, I really hate giving shows bad scores but look at this RUBBISH!!!!!
  • Silly, dull and boring!!!

4.9
    I hate shows like this!!! I really can't stand them.

The storyline is so stupid and silly, It is oviously a show for babies but no! They shouldn't put shows like this onto tv.com! It's disruptive to the older kids and adults. This show is just absolute crap! Why watch this??? No point so... It's so painful that even hearing the word "Teletubbies" is HORRIBLE!

-silly show
    -boring show
    -Dull show

Thanks for reading for taking the time out to read my review and trust me I really hate giving shows bad scores but look at this RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!