Tell Me You Love Me Forums

HBO (ended 2007)

Show Cancelled

mrn71

[1]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 55

From WENN:

U.S. TV show Tell Me You Love Me has been axed after just one season.

The HBO series - starring Jane Alexander and Michelle Borth - was named as one of the 10 ten TV programmes of 2007 by the American Film Institute.

A second season of the show was commissioned in October but TV bosses have now changed their minds and ordered it to be scrapped.

Series creator Cynthia Mort admits she is disappointed the programme will not be returning.

She says, "Given the considerable amount of time that has passed and despite the best efforts of everyone involved, we were unable to find the direction of the show for the second season.

"There are so many other stories to tell and many other ways to tell them. I look forward to doing that with HBO in the future."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enablerbro1

[2]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    That's disappointing, really enjoyed the first season.

Forester76

[3]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    Man... TV programming makes me so angry sometimes. It seems like the best, most intelligent shows get cancelled while the dreck just stays on for years and years. This was such a good show and I was dying to know how things worked out, what the issue with Katie and Dave *really* was.. First Rome, now this.. boo on you, HBO! Sorry, Showtime is where it's at these days.