Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Desert Cantos

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 20, 2009 on FOX

• My rating probably echoes the concensus about this episode. The episode was informitive, but something tells me it comes too late.

After the events in "The Good Wound", this episode winds down and focuses on building up events for later. The series has had a few of these, but I thought this one in particular was a bit long-winded. The end made it worthwhile though and it's the only reason I didn't rate this a six.

Sarah is clearly going through what John went through after his first kill. To my knowledge, Sarah had never killed someone before the man in the factor. Okay, he's not dead, but Sarah thought he was. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with her dreams. The constant hunting is really getting to her--something that's going to affect her to the end of the season.

I'm missing Cameron. The last two episodes, she's only had a few lines. Summer Glau is one of the stronger cast members and Cameron is one of the most popular characters. At this stage the series can't afford to be holding their aces back.

With the way Terminator is heading, they really need to pick up the pace. The first half of the season only had a few really good episodes in my opinion, the rest were just alright. They didn't really stand out. I don't know why the series did what it did this season. I can understand the desire to become less self-contained and less serialised, but they barely had any episodes that really dealt exclusively with the overarching plot. Shows that have similar formats to Terminator do this. (Buffy the Vampire Slayer comes to mind) I know the main plot AND style in Terminator is incredibly different and that's a good thing, but I thought this season would have had them looking for the Turk, but in the series it seems like they're forgotten about it. I don't even remember them mentioning it since the season opening. The only thing I can think of that can be called an overarching plot is what happened at the factory.

Aside from the end, not a lot actually happened in this episode. We found out that the guy Sarah shot wasn't dead and that she wasn't having a delusion about the HK. Not much, but at least it's something.

Another thing that doesn't really have anything to do with the episide, but with the series as a whole. I don't see Terminator being picked up for a third season and that's really disappointing. I hope that the season finale doesn't end with a cliffhanger like last time. It should leave the series open, but it has to have some kind of closure at the same time. That's just my opinion on that.

I really hope the series picks up, because it's proved it can be a lot better than this episode.