A Good Finale But The End of Things As We Now It

asimpson127

[61]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 2

Save Terminator.. Go to Fox's Website for the show. Then go to there blog. On the top will show you how you can save the show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZekkJedi

[62]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 8

starrr888 wrote:
    i think a big problem the show faced was that this is a show obviously aimed at sci-fi lovers, yet the whole series it seems like religion is being shoved down our throats. i have a feeling that sci-fi fans aren't, on average, big into religion.

Wait, are you serious?

What about Battlestar Galactica? most all of us "sci-fi fans" thought it was the greatest show in a while and it had way more religious overtones than terminator. That said, neither show ever struck me as "shoving religion down our throats". In fact, in both series the biggest thing religion seems to be used for is to look at the interesting question of what it would mean to have an artificially intelligent machine programmed with belief in G-d (and how such an entity would interpret that belief).

And more so than targeting fans of any particular genre, this show is aimed at banking in on and adding to the story of the Terminator franchise. Which would make it all the more smart for Fox to not decide about canceling the show until after they have the box office numbers for Terminator: salvation (since after people go to see that movie [hopefully] they're going to want to watch more Terminator, especially more of the actual war. With the new direction of the show they'll get to see even more of the future war against the machines, [which has to be at least one of the many brilliant reasons for the way the finale turned out] if Fox will only give us a third season).

( that's in addition to the obvious change of either moving it back to a time slot when people will actually watch it during the broadcast rather than recording it or watching it on line. or alternatively finding a way to include such things in their ratings, because a great number of us [far more than appear in the ratings] do actually watch this amazing show)

Edited on 04/29/2009 8:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SSSJDanny

[63]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    Great Show with a season finale that i think no one saw coming. Hope to see Season 3 soon.

xenailuv

[64]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 4
    I want to see a third season. The show has changed over two seasons. First John is a kid still going to high school. The second is about him becomeing a man and stepping away from Mommy. Alot was filler but that still worked though annoying. The third season will be John becoming a man, and maybe Sarah will be able to find out she is still a person even though she is a crazy ....well I can't write that down. I also realy, realy, realy want to know what happens to Cameron.

MattLive

[65]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 7

Hang in there... save the show go to : http://www.savethescc.com/support.html

Falcondude123

[66]May 1, 2009
    • level: 10
    Please find some other way besides cancelling, FOX!! Put it behind 24 on Mondays! Give it a new name! Something!

XBOX_RULES2004

[67]May 3, 2009

SAVE T:TSCC!!!

VISIT:

http://savethescc.com/index.html

TVFanatic09

[68]May 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    SAVE TSCC! It's the best show on TV!

kaan19

[69]May 3, 2009
    • level: 1
    Terminator series took so many wrong turns; almost half of the season we kept on asking ourselves:''is something going to happen or what?'' But the final episode was rock&roll baby! I do believe they deserve a third chance to put things in order.Weaver was a huge surprise in the end.Give it another chance.If they suck again, I promise I'll terminate them myself!

Falcondude123

[70]May 4, 2009
    No show is perfect; except for this one! I love T:SCC!!!

ksyme99

[71]May 4, 2009
    I admit the 2nd season was very rocky - a lot of tengents that really were a bit boring and not necessary. The finale almost made up for it though. Still confused about all the "will you join us?" talk, don't really know who is on what side and how many dies there are and when things happened - going to need to think this through!

Part of the problem seemed to be the massive cutting of the budget throughout this season. It really cut down on the action and that seemed to push forward the pointless stories. Moment that stands out for me is when Charley "blows up" his beach. No sound, no flying debris, no rocking, its as if he hit the switch and nothing happened, and the only evidence we have is a few flaming planks of wood when Sarah keeps alooking later.

FOX can't be surprised at the ratings if they all but cut the budget entirelly, took away much of the excitment of the series.

As for the finale, it was good, I enjoyed it. I think in the series story this is how John gets to become the leader. I think he will quickly rise to be the leader given his knowledge. Plus with Weaver on his side (maybe), would make for a very interesting 3rd season!

I hope they pick it up for a 3rd season, but I expect they won't.

TvWatcha3

[72]May 5, 2009
    I think it's idiotic to cancel a series like this when the film version happens to be one of the most anticipated movies of the upcoming summer.

apollo-52

[73]May 5, 2009
    • level: 8

thats right - I really hope they pick SCC up for a third season

karlandi

[74]May 5, 2009
    Personally , I think this show will be back for atleast 1 more season. Let me explain why. As many of you know , they plan to release 3 more movies (including Salvation)and this show helps keep the hype. Yes, alot rides on the revenue generated by the Salvation movie (If it does well , it can pay for more seasons of T:TSCC). But, I feel the Salvation movie will do quite well at the theaters, atleast for the opening weekend (ironicly JUST prior to when FOX is supposed to announce what is comming back and what isnt). Salvation is for the most part the only Sci Fi epic in the early summer season to be released. The only real hitch is if Salvation bombs on the opening weekend (and that I highly doubt). If you all REALLY wanna save T:TSCC , goto Salvation ON THE OPENING WEEKEND! and mail your ticket stub to fox with a note stating that you watch T:TSCC religiously and was a main factor in your going to see Salvation at the theaters. I plan to do this , and as a side note , the last movie I saw at the theaters was Phantom Manace (LOL).

Landi

Falcondude123

[75]May 6, 2009
    karlandi wrote:
    Personally , I think this show will be back for atleast 1 more season. Let me explain why. As many of you know , they plan to release 3 more movies (including Salvation)and this show helps keep the hype. Yes, alot rides on the revenue generated by the Salvation movie (If it does well , it can pay for more seasons of T:TSCC). But, I feel the Salvation movie will do quite well at the theaters, atleast for the opening weekend (ironicly JUST prior to when FOX is supposed to announce what is comming back and what isnt). Salvation is for the most part the only Sci Fi epic in the early summer season to be released. The only real hitch is if Salvation bombs on the opening weekend (and that I highly doubt). If you all REALLY wanna save T:TSCC , goto Salvation ON THE OPENING WEEKEND! and mail your ticket stub to fox with a note stating that you watch T:TSCC religiously and was a main factor in your going to see Salvation at the theaters. I plan to do this , and as a side note , the last movie I saw at the theaters was Phantom Manace (LOL).

Landi

Except that the movie opens three days AFTER Fox decides whether to keep or kill T:SCC. . . .

dgl_7

[76]May 6, 2009
    I Hope The Show Is Renewed. Awsome Show! It Would Be Lame To Cancel The Show. It Does Need More Action. But Fantastic Show.. Please Bring It Back!

two-3

[77]May 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    Seriously FOX should cancel the Simpsons over TSCC. Simpsons is long overdue and lost so much of its punch (only picking up slightly in recent episodes). I recommend this show to everyone that I know. There is so much story to be explored after the season finale, and I'll admit that the second season was not as good as the first but I enjoyed the future scenes and the exploration of the roots of Cameron. I find particularly intriguing the relationship of Weaver to her daughter and how the T-1001 has assumed that life. I would very much like to see more about this faction of Terminators that are against SkyNet and what their motivations are. And of course everyone wants to see where the relationship between John and Cameron goes, as it has become clear that John is severely attached to Cameron from the season finale, even though she's cold and a machine.
    Edited on 05/06/2009 7:30pm

crazyjaysilence

[78]May 7, 2009
    I hope they do bring in a third season too. I agree it is a great lead on to the new movies but these seasons have not been about that, the pilot episode was to seperate it from the 3rd movie and to start anew. This could still run on its own timeline giving both the movie and the tv series its own storylines as Derek was to Jessie in this series. There are still some questions looming out there, a new season would be a taster into the tease of what we have already seen. I am looking forward tot he new movie but I'm not giving up on a new season.

Kiwi18

[79]May 7, 2009
    No definetly not, there has to come a third season. I don't like the end. Yeah well I like that John sees Cameron and Eric again but It just can't end like that. I didn't really get it, it just feels like there's something missing

Falcondude123

[80]May 7, 2009
    FOX!! WE LOVE THIS SHOW!! POSTPONE YOUR DECISION UNTIL AFTER THE MOVIE COMES OUT!!