Are they doing a 3rd season?

  • Avatar of Dusty114

    Dusty114

    [1]Apr 6, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/04
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 11

    At the conclusion of "Adam Raised a Cain" I noticed when they were talking about the episode "Born to Run" that it said "Season Finale" and i was thinking are they going to do a 3rd season. If it was the end of the show, it would have said Series Finale.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of djariya

    djariya

    [2]Apr 6, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,900
    It hasn't been decided yet, but it's not looking good.

    Josh Friedman said he wrote episode 22 as a season finale, not series since the episode was filmed back in February.

    I read the only reason why FOX decided to order the back 9 episodes to make it a full 22 episode season was because Warner Bros cut the licensing fee for the show in half.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dusty114

    Dusty114

    [3]Apr 6, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/04
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 11
    I would hope they could do a 3rd season, by like having it lead into Terminator 3 in a way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Merlin4421

    Merlin4421

    [4]Apr 6, 2009
    • member since: 03/15/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 365
    Shows with costly sets and expensive speical effects have to get huge ratings for FOX to keep them. I'm guessing the rumors are right.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Falcondude123

    Falcondude123

    [5]Apr 6, 2009
    • member since: 09/24/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,602
    I have since accepted that there is probly a 60% or higher chance of Terminator biting the dust. But there is still that 40% or less chance that it stays alive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dusty114

    Dusty114

    [6]Apr 7, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/04
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 11
    I could imagine the show is a bit costly for each show, but at moment in the series, they really have not showed in any way of it being able to lead into Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. I would like for it to get that far so they could explain different questions that were from Terminator 3.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Libster_1

    Libster_1

    [7]Apr 7, 2009
    • member since: 05/25/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1
    Why do people want it to lead in to Terminator: Rise of the Machines. This is the alternate Rise of the Machines. In the show we are always told that the future keeps on changing, depending on the decisions made by the characters. For example, there was the episode where in Jesse's version of the future Derek had been tortured by the guy she was chasing, but in Derek's he had not. We are left to the conclusion, that Derek and Jesse come from different futures (although they do not seem to be all that different) and that the events, as they happen in the show, are the cause of the change in the future time-line. It has also been alluded to that Future John and Cameron are together, which if the events of the Rise of the Machines are to be believed, cannot happen because John is with Kate, whom he meets during the third movie. I love the fact that after the amount of time and effort in all the movies and the TV show, we can finally see that slight changes in the time-line can splinter it. Please don't be scared of multi-dimensional theory and demand that everything be tied up together in one neat and contrite bow, as this will destroy the essence of the show and may make me physically sick...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of darthcrow64

    darthcrow64

    [8]Apr 7, 2009
    • member since: 03/31/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 30
    e finally will be great. Warner Bros. is in talks with Fox to pick up another season and Warner pretty much pays for the whole thing... FOX distributes, so if Warner wants to cash in on the movie cow then they very well could take it somewhere else. The very end of the last episode has a nice little suprise for everyone!!! trust me. you'll love it!!! sign the petition, DVR watch this friday and download from fox.com!!!! we can do this... Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/scc2009/petition.html spread the word!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dusty114

    Dusty114

    [9]Apr 7, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/04
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 11
    I dont think that is the case with "alternate" futures for different characters i think that is just the future from their point of view, instead of the point of view of John Connor. They already explained how Sarah Connor gets cancer where she is supposed die offset between Terminator 2 and Terminator 3.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.