Are we in the midst of "filler" episodes?

Deegeezy

[1]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 2

Is it just me, or does it seem like the show got a little off-track yesterday? As if the latest episode was thrown in in the middle of the main story?

Obviously I havent seen it yet but the next episode, like yesterday's, looks to be just another able-to-play anytime, filler episode. It appears on the surface that the John Henry, Weaver, Jessie, Riley storylines have been put on hold until the February season starts (unless of course they've decided not to advertise this in the preview). These people may all make apperances, but it looks like those main story lines involving them won't be the main emphasis of this next episode.

The episode from 2 weeks ago where John Henry was revealed in Cromartie's body at the end of the show was the type of cliff-hanger you would expect to be the main emphasis of the remaining episodes yet we did not hear a peep about it last night and it does not look like it will be a part of next week's show either. To me, this would have been the perfect cliff-hanger to leave us at in next week's fall finale.

Am I completely off base here and just too impatient?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

discreet2600

[2]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    It was a bit of a filler episode. It was still good nonetheless. I don't mind it so much. As long as they get back to business on the enxt one.

cheersfan213

[3]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 7
    Actually, the fall finale has been pushed back again to December 15th. So next week is "Alpine Fields," and the following week will be the "cliffhanger" episode: "Earthlings Welcome Here." Yesterday was pretty much a filler episode, and yes, next week will be too, but this week's episode was pretty good.

electricpeppers

[4]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 26
    Didn't this episode air out of order? I thought it was supposed to air before the one with crazy Sarah last week.

Firetears

[5]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 23
    It was a filler but it was a very entertaining filler and we got to understand Cameron a little more. It was a great mystery plot, if you ask me. Besides, I'm grateful for the fillers(which I assume is a result of the 22 episode order). Hopefully if the show gets renewed for a 3rd season we'll have another full season order where we'll be forced to run into a filler or two.

Merlin4421

[6]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    Fox loves to air things out of order. It's an annoying thing the network does. Atleast it didnt throw things off too much, and a very good episode none the less.

A_Kefka

[7]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 10
    I tend to like shows that can balance mythology heavy episodes with stories that are more stand alone, so I dont' see a problem.

seto1

[8]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    Even it didnt add much to what we already know i did leave us wanted more so maybe that was its job

Falcondude123

[9]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 10

^wutever, guys. It was filler. But as some of you said, that's not ALWAYS a bad thing...

Firetears

[10]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 23
    Falcondude123 wrote:

^wutever, guys. It was filler. But as some of you said, that's not ALWAYS a bad thing...

Semi-fillerish. The episode still tied in with the main mystery arc sooo... to mark it off as a complete filler is unfair.

And "wutever, guys." sounds a little hostile. :/ I just had to point that out.