Cameron's Never-Ending Mission Concept

Falcondude123

[1]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 10

I posted the following idea on another site, but what if Cameron is "immortal", meaning she doesn't age?

I know she can get damaged from combat, but I doubt her synthetic flesh ever gets old and wrinkly.

What I'm implying is that maybe she has done all of this before: Gone to the past and helped John Connor grow up, I mean.

At a certain time, older-John sends her back to help his younger self grow-up into the leader he will become. Then, after he has grown up, he sends her back again, and then she helps him until he's old again, and then he sends her back again, and so on, and so on...

I mean, if she never ages, then she could just keep doing it over and over again forever. Sure she has to replace a part or two every once in a while(like in her arm), but it's not so hard when you're good at self-repair, right?

It's just a theory, but it would explain some things, like how Cameron knows where to go and what to do every night while the Connors are asleep; she already knows because she has done it all before. Each time she goes back she learns something new that will help her the next time.

This is fanfic. What's your opinion of it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dragon22a

[2]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 32

I think it is more likely that Older john tells her exactly where to go or at the least the big events as Cameron does not know everything. if she did she would not question whether a course of action is correct.

While Camerons flesh does repair its self, in order to blend in, it may not age, though in all actuality, no unit has been active long enough to find out at least not in the past. if it were the future it would be plausible that skynet woud either deactivate a unit and replace it with a new one of the same model or re coat the existing one if the need arose.

As for Cameron being immortal perhaps it is her chip. It retains all records of her time and even if her body does not survive, John may keep the chip and use the records to tell the cameron he sends back what to do.

I still like to think that he simply tells her what to expect. Though the question remains whether the john who sent cameron back is the one from this timeline who knew her or the one from the original timeline who did not jump ahead. I lean towards the first but it could be the second. It would explain why John would keep that model so close in the future rather than one of the bigger models.

nightgod473

[3]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 5
    dragon22a wrote:

While Camerons flesh does repair its self, in order to blend in, it may not age, though in all actuality, no unit has been active long enough to find out at least not in the past. if it were the future it would be plausible that skynet woud either deactivate a unit and replace it with a new one of the same model or re coat the existing one if the need arose.

In Self Made Man, a Terminator sat inactive in a wall for ~80 years. Other than some dust, he looked exactly as he did when he was walled in. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Terminators don't age physically.

Bionetic

[4]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    Your right that Cameron is immortal in a sense, but she doesn't have to be sent back in the same body to do what you suggest. All you'd need to do is too take her AI sentience and transfer it to another body. Technically you don't need the original body if you want to send Cameron back. Technically you don't even need Cameron. All you need to give her is a copy of the data relating to the history of events leading up to Judgement day. But I don't agree with your theory. In that episode where Cameron goes to the library at night, it shows that Cameron spends her time researching. Her advance AI is able to then put pieces of data together to help John and his crew to determine future strategies. I mean isn't that what Terminator's do? Also you have to take into account the fact that Cameron's data wouldn't be up to date. Several factions are constantly changing the future. (i.e. including the Conner's, other rebels from the future, Skynet Terminators, Rouge Terminators, fringe humans who are involved in one way or another, etc.) So Cameron's data wouldn't be accurate.

Falcondude123

[5]Apr 4, 2009
    Ya I'm not calling it "My Official Theory" on the issue, just a intriguing possibility.
    Your right that john cud just put her in a new body if neccesary, so the aging thing isn't even an issue.
    I'm glad someone refreshed my memory of the Self Made Man and how he didn't show signs of aging after 80 years of dust-gathering. Apparently his circuits didn't rust or anything during that time-frame either. Terminators really do seem quite "immortal" in that sense.

But as for dismissing this Cameron-cycle idea simply because the future is always changing? Not a good reason. Of course the timeline keeps changing! Part of that is because Cameron must keep changing it!
    There is a 'time-war' going on-- SkyNet tries to change the future, sometimes succeeds. Connor tries to change the future, sometimes succeeds. So Cameron would HAVE to be doing research in order to keep up with the new paradox shifts!!
    Actually, your point against this theory solidifies it by explaining why Cameron does her little library visits!

Bionetic

[6]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 8
    Falcondude123 wrote:
    Ya I'm not calling it "My Official Theory" on the issue, just a intriguing possibility.
    Your right that john cud just put her in a new body if neccesary, so the aging thing isn't even an issue.
    I'm glad someone refreshed my memory of the Self Made Man and how he didn't show signs of aging after 80 years of dust-gathering. Apparently his circuits didn't rust or anything during that time-frame either. Terminators really do seem quite "immortal" in that sense.

But as for dismissing this Cameron-cycle idea simply because the future is always changing? Not a good reason. Of course the timeline keeps changing! Part of that is because Cameron must keep changing it!
    There is a 'time-war' going on-- SkyNet tries to change the future, sometimes succeeds. Connor tries to change the future, sometimes succeeds. So Cameron would HAVE to be doing research in order to keep up with the new paradox shifts!!
    Actually, your point against this theory solidifies it by explaining why Cameron does her little library visits!

No it doesn't. You suggested that the reason Cameron knows where to be and what to do is because she has experienced this timeline before where she has protected John Connor and at some point she went back in time and is now experiencing the same timeline all over again. In your own words, "...it would explain some things, like how Cameron knows where to go and what to do every night while the Connors are asleep; she already knows because she has done it all before. Each time she goes back she learns something new that will help her the next time."

I said the timeline is always changing so she couldn't possibly predict anything, even if she has been through this timeline twice. I then pointed out that it's more likely that she gets her intel from research at the library for example. So basically Cameron keeps up with the paradox shifts because she's making it up as she goes along; and note she's just barely keeping up at that. She doesn't keep up because she has experienced that timeline. She has some tidbits of info here and there, but her info is out of date so to speak so she can't really rely on it. My examples were meant to rebut the idea that she gets intel from previous experiences in the same timeline.

While it possible that she participated in this 'cycle' I think it's highly unlikely. Atleast we know her body isn't part of her immortality since Cameron's body was "terminated" when it traveled back in time.

ArithmosPT

[7]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 3
    Even if Cameron's body was terminated... I think she'll get a new one.. maybe the first Hybrid Terminator in TSCC, just a thought...

Falcondude123

[8]Apr 20, 2009
    Bionetic wrote:
    Falcondude123 wrote:

No it doesn't. You suggested that the reason Cameron knows where to be and what to do is because she has experienced this timeline before where she has protected John Connor and at some point she went back in time and is now experiencing the same timeline all over again. In your own words, "...it would explain some things, like how Cameron knows where to go and what to do every night while the Connors are asleep; she already knows because she has done it all before. Each time she goes back she learns something new that will help her the next time."

I said the timeline is always changing so she couldn't possibly predict anything, even if she has been through this timeline twice. I then pointed out that it's more likely that she gets her intel from research at the library for example. So basically Cameron keeps up with the paradox shifts because she's making it up as she goes along; and note she's just barely keeping up at that. She doesn't keep up because she has experienced that timeline. She has some tidbits of info here and there, but her info is out of date so to speak so she can't really rely on it. My examples were meant to rebut the idea that she gets intel from previous experiences in the same timeline.

While it possible that she participated in this 'cycle' I think it's highly unlikely. Atleast we know her body isn't part of her immortality since Cameron's body was "terminated" when it traveled back in time.

Uh, yeah it does. Yes, I said that she knows where to go and what to do because she has experienced alot of it before. But then you pointed out that since the timeline is always changing, she has to do her research to keep up. But part of my point was that everytime she comes back, she learns more and more about what to do next time. Her library research is part of that.

For instance, she didn't know about the Self Made Man before, but now she does. So, when John sends her back again NEXT time, she won't have to go to the library to find out about him. She will just go straight to the kicking his --- part. And the japanese scammers, for instance. NEXT time, maybe she won't let Sarah be fooled by them and waste precious time beating them up.
    Or how about the transmitter in Sarah's breast? Now that she has knowledge of it beforehand, when she gets back to the future, and when John sends her back to his past, teenage self, she will know, when the time finally comes, that after Sarah is kidnapped she will have a tracker in her breast. Cameron can remove it, crush it, and thereby stop the badguys from finding John, kidnapping Derek, finding/killing Charlie, etc.

Are you getting this? These bad things that happen to the Connors, to HUMANITY, they don't have to happen, if Cameron is ready for them on the next go around from past experience.

Think of it this way: perhaps Sarah was supposed to be killed by Cromartie's gunfire in the first episode. Perhaps at one time, she was. Then Cameron stayed with John until he was grown up in the future. When John was old enough, he sent Cameron back to save himself and his mom, but this time they had a time machine set up in the bank vault so that they could escape from Cromartie. Their foreknowledge of the past's future allowed them to prevent it, but Cameron had to first experience the bad timeline atleast once before she could make it better the NEXT time around.