We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Does it have an ending?

Kaysammy05

[1]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 5
    Hi. I have only ever seen an episode or two from season 1 recently, and i was going to start to watch the whole two seasons on blu-ray. But i heard the show got cancelled, does the final episode have an actual ending, or did it end with a cliffhanger which was mean't to lead into a 3rd season (but got cancelled). I really hate when there is a cliffhanger ending, which will never be resolved!! So is it worth the rent??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 21
    It certainly has a cliffhanger ending for the last episode of season 2. Though in my opinion it shouldnt put you off watching it. I dont think Ive seen such a brilliant example of small screen SF. Well-written, produced, cast, directed etc... it really is a a testiment to the quality of the first two films.

Id watch it if I were you as it covers a part of the universe that we arent ever likely to see reincarnated in another format - not with the release of T: Salvation. Shame really that they had to chop it off so that mainstream cinema goers could watch the film without being influenced by this excellent show.

I loved it so much, Im currently watching its re-run on UK tv.
    If I were you Id go on this journey, even it is late, which better than never.

Kaysammy05

[3]Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. i'm in uk too, and didn't really no of the show. imo, way too much crap on tv these days to fill the hundreds of channels. i happened to stumble accross the show while channel skipping. they should just have one channel with all the US shows in one place, so annoying. anyways, i'll go down to my local blockbuster store and give it a rent. hopefully the ending won't leave me really angry, for wanting more.

Ludvico01

[4]Jan 31, 2010
    • level: 4
    The DVD's of both seasons answered many questions I had. However, the one unaswered question was why was this series cancelled? Each episode in each season was very well constructed and acted. Once again, in my opinion, the viewers lost when the series was cancelled.

fullhans1

[5]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 4
    It's a bit sad that "they" seem to drop the TSCC-Universe and use the Salvation-Universe instead. TSCC is much better in my opinion.

jedikalimero

[6]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 2

Istill hope they will do some kind of proper ending to the series, just like they did with the also cancelled and also starring Summer Glau "Firefly" series that was properly concluded with the movie "Serenity".

In this case I doubt they will do a cinema movie but a 2 hour special would be great.

Todd_Gray

[7]May 2, 2010

Ludvico01 wrote:
    The DVD's of both seasons answered many questions I had. However, the one unaswered question was why was this series cancelled? Each episode in each season was very well constructed and acted. Once again, in my opinion, the viewers lost when the series was cancelled.

This show was cancelled mainlky because the writer's strike dispersed the talented writer's staff TSCC's had in it's shortened Season One. S #1 was expertly written and plotted, and then came S #2, which showed promised, but then devolvced into what could only be called amateurish writing and story-telling.

It was cancelled because it just went downhill after the first few episodes of Season #2.

A shame too, because it was a series I throughly enjoyed and I thought had immense potential, but Fox screwed the pooch on this one.

Todd_Gray

[8]May 2, 2010

"Salvation" was an embarssment to the entire Terminatorfranchise, as was "Rise Of The Machines".

TSCC's had the potential to truly answer a lot of questions as well as delve into so many different variables of the "Terminator" lineage, but after the writer's strike, TSCC's fell into mediocre oblivion.

HolyPenguin

[9]May 5, 2010
    • level: 12
    Sadly, this show was far from getting a closure ending. Don't expect to get any answers so you won't get disappointed. Just enjoy what you see.