How did Cromartie's metal head go through the time portal?

Sahlinrob

[1]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 3

I just reciently (last week) discovered and started watching this show as I found a dvd set of the entire 1st season at a Costco store. After watching the entire 1st season I did a web search and downloaded and watched all the rest of the episodes up to the present time. The only real "issue" I have with this show is in either the 1st or 2nd episode (not sure whitch one). Its where they go into the bank vault and jump about 8 years or so into the future and at the same Sarah blows the Terminator to bits that was after them. Its allways been my understanding that only living tissue can go..no weapons, clothing, etc. and the only reason a Terminator (metal) can go is because it's covered by living flesh as explained by Kyle Reese in the origal movie and also by Cam in the present series. So how did the bare metal head get through the time portal? At first I thought it was just laying there next to the freeway for 8 years whitch seemed kinda silly that it hadent been discovered in all that time till when the road worker found it, but after watching it a few times I noticed that Cam stated that it accedently came through the portal with them. Any possible ideas how this hapened? or was it an "oversight" ont the part of the writers? either way I think the series is great and hope it will continue, just wondering about that.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

A_Kefka

[2]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 10
    It went through the same way any liquid-metal terminators have. After the first movie they kinda decided that a terminator could go through and didnt' worry if it had flesh anymore.

Falcondude123

[3]Feb 27, 2009
    A_Kefka wrote:
    It went through the same way any liquid-metal terminators have. After the first movie they kinda decided that a terminator could go through and didnt' worry if it had flesh anymore.

Ya I guess the flesh-requirement was just an excuse to get good ol Arnie to play a vicious, mindless killing robot and it just went from there.

A_Kefka

[4]Feb 28, 2009
    Actually that was a good rule. I think they just tossed it when they decided a shapeshifting liquid-metal terminator would be cool.

therealcromar

[5]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 6

It's a plot hole. There are some other minor errors in the plot and characters from the pilot. The pilot was shot something like over a year before the show was picked up and the first season was written.

The pilot didn't impress me much anyway. It was just a low budget, tv retread of the plot of T2, minus the mental ward, plus hot terminator chick. I think the show itself was a huge step up in quality.

m00nshadow

[6]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 20
    I agree with the consensus. Maybe there was an upgrade in the time portal technology? Nah. They still make people come through naked, too! I forgive them, though, because this show is so wonderful.