How does this end?

HonestJohn99

[1]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 14

So... i've been thinking about for a while now, how do u end the show. Don't get me wrong i love the show and want it to go as long as possible, however some point all good things end.

One of the things that needs to be consider is how much to do they stay within the story of the films, i mean with rise of the machines sarah is dead and judgement day still happens, thus the 4th film. However u could forget the third movie then they could save the world stop judgement day, leaving the 4th film as what could happened, like all the flash forwards in the show. I think the most likely out come is sarah, derek, cameron die and they just leave it set between the 2nd and third films.

really i have no idea whats gonna happen and can't wait to find out, just wondering what people think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Firetears

[2]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 23
    I think it should end during season 4 or 5 in a accomplished/optimistic view(like T2).

ChoixAkion

[3]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    I think it's more likely the show will just end up getting cancelled with fox's track record. We will be left to just debate what would have happened.

Not that I think the show getting cancelled would be a bad thing any more it really feels like it's going nowhere after season 1, every episode is just a filler the only main arc is the AI.

VixenofVenus

[4]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 6

HonestJohn99 wrote:
    ... i love the show and want it to go as long as possible, however some point all good things end.

Tell that to the guys who keep making Episodes of Law and Order ... nearly 20 years strong, two successful spin-offs, and one spin-off that wasn't, yet it still did air for one season ...

Personally, I want the show to go on for quite a bit longer, in which case, I can't really predict an ending because I'd like to see way too much more happen with the current ideas which have been born on this show ... a Terminator-Peace movement, the whole Weaver storyline, what the heck is different between Cameron and other Terminators, is Sarah going to get Cancer? etc, etc, etc ...

And I didn't even mention the whole Jessie > Derek > John > Reily thing ...

Falcondude123

[5]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 10

This show needs to pick up it's pieces if it wants to keep going. And I'm not just talking about little changes in the storyline- there needs to be a specific effort to answer the many questions that this show has created.

They need to first answer the Cromartie question: where is he? How do they destroy him? Ellison should get terminated in the process.

Next, when is latrine lady gonna detect John Connor and start chasing him? There should be a big chase episode with a cliffhanger ending.

Cameron should get closer to John. She should be his crying shoulder, his best friend.

Riley needs to die by taking a bullet for John or something.

Derek and his girlfriend need to pull a Mr. and Mrs. Smith and have a big cat-and-mouse shoot-out where Derek kills her and then goes into a deep depression and takes off with the Jeep to go who knows where.

Sarah is fine- she has no real loose ends to speak of. She needs to be a little more ruthless about killing folks and get over her 3Dot Theory.

Then Cameron should go bad again, and John should have to kill her himself. Don't shoot me! I love Cameron! It's just that the emotion of such a loss would petrify the audience, addicting them to the show, especially after she had gotten so much closer to John.

Then Latrine Lady should finish building skynet and begin the countdown to destroying the world, when suddenly John and Sarah show up to stop it. There's a big fight- John is wounded, Sarah is out for the count, and suddenly, when all hope seems lost, Luke Skywalker bursts in with his lightsaber and saves the day.

Then Fox cancels the show.

Yep, that's how it should end.

netgoddess

[6]Dec 11, 2008
    I wouldn't mind a spin-off like Terminator: The Derek Reese Chronicles where it spends one or two seasons developing Derek's character before he made the time jump to the past.

discreet2600

[7]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    Ideally... I'd like to see them prevent Judgment Day. If anyone has to die I guess Cameron should. 3 or 4 seasons from now I'd like to see John, Sarah, and Derek get to live normal happy lives. I doubt that's how it's gonna go but it's what I'd like to see.

A_Kefka

[8]Dec 12, 2008
    discreet2600 wrote:
    Ideally... I'd like to see them prevent Judgment Day. If anyone has to die I guess Cameron should. 3 or 4 seasons from now I'd like to see John, Sarah, and Derek get to live normal happy lives. I doubt that's how it's gonna go but it's what I'd like to see.
    If Judgement Day were averted, than anyone could die. John is only so important because he was leading the resistance to victory.

discreet2600

[9]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    A_Kefka wrote:
    discreet2600 wrote:
    If Judgement Day were averted, than anyone could die. John is only so important because he was leading the resistance to victory.
    I know but I'm just saying it would be nice if they'd ended on a happy note. Given everything they've been through. I think they deserve it.
    Edited on 12/12/2008 6:07pm

DuoMaxwell007

[10]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    well considering this series most likely ties into the new terminator movie thats coming out.. that pretty much proves judgement day wont be averted

Bionetic

[11]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    To answer the question of how Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ends, I think it most likely ends with Sarah Connor dying. I mean it is The Sarah Connor Chronicles after all. Maybe she inevitable dies of cancer. I like the series so far. I personally think the series has to unfold and develop to address time travel and multiple universes, but they have to do it in a way that isn't too convoluted. Technically this is a time war, not just a war about the future. Who knows how many timelines have been created and destroyed. They also need to answer the question of what makes John Connor so special. I know he leads the future battle, but why is he the only one that can do it? I mean considering the drastic way the timeline has been altered it seems that no matter how drastically the timeline is altered he always remains humanities savior. Why? Sometimes i get the impression he's just a poster boy used to promote future war propaganda necessary to motivate the human rebels. Also, they need to address this whole time machine thing. Where did it come from in a future flashback. I think they should also show a episode which shows the generals daughter from the Terminator 3 movie. Obviously she'd be older. In this story it should show her getting Terminated of course and show the ripple effect that has on the timeline. As for Cromartie, he's with that liquid terminator lady.

Jaxomsteve

[12]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 1
    Ideally, what I'd like to see happen is the AI ends up becoming a force for Good and Skynet becomes good for mankind instead of bad. The 3 Laws of Robotics anyone?

VixenofVenus

[13]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 6
    Falcondude123 wrote:

This show needs to pick up it's pieces if it wants to keep going. And I'm not just talking about little changes in the storyline- there needs to be a specific effort to answer the many questions that this show has created.

They need to first answer the Cromartie question: where is he? How do they destroy him? Ellison should get terminated in the process.

Next, when is latrine lady gonna detect John Connor and start chasing him? There should be a big chase episode with a cliffhanger ending.

Cameron should get closer to John. She should be his crying shoulder, his best friend.

Derek and his girlfriend need to pull a Mr. and Mrs. Smith and have a big cat-and-mouse shoot-out where Derek kills her and then goes into a deep depression and takes off with the Jeep to go who knows where.

Sarah is fine- she has no real loose ends to speak of. She needs to be a little more ruthless about killing folks and get over her 3Dot Theory.

Then Cameron should go bad again, and John should have to kill her himself. Don't shoot me! I love Cameron! It's just that the emotion of such a loss would petrify the audience, addicting them to the show, especially after she had gotten so much closer to John.

Then Latrine Lady should finish building skynet and begin the countdown to destroying the world, when suddenly John and Sarah show up to stop it. There's a big fight- John is wounded, Sarah is out for the count, and suddenly, when all hope seems lost, Luke Skywalker bursts in with his lightsaber and saves the day.

It's definitely a good think you aren't a TV writer ... at least not for any of the shows I like.

seto1

[14]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    Personally what i would like to see happen would be the last episode shows where she is dying but before she does ans as she lays in bed and tunnel open from the future.THEN out comes future john who emerges from the portal making sure his younger self doesnt know its him and whispers into her eae we win and then looks to john smiles and say you have alot to look forward to kid and walks off

Dudekotka

[16]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    well considering this series most likely ties into the new terminator movie thats coming out.. that pretty much proves judgement day wont be averted

They actually changed that.. The movie won't have anything to do with the series. (Unless the series count it as a continuation)

My idea on how it'd end is that John accidentally creates skynet and that we find out that the side we have thought was good, was really bad. (Which of course would make little sense without a very good explanation.)

Falcondude123

[17]Dec 15, 2008
    VixenofVenus wrote:
    Falcondude123 wrote:

It's definitely a good thing you aren't a TV writer ... at least not for any of the shows I like.

I thought the sarcasm was pretty thick, but I guess you're alot thicker...jk