I think the next show will be called "Terminator : The resistance chronicle

  • Avatar of TheTenth10

    TheTenth10

    [1]Apr 19, 2009
    • member since: 01/05/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 56

    as it seems obvious Sarah doesn't make it and she was just there to put important elements in place : she kidnapped Savannah, which made Catherine Weaver fell extreme love for her child, and to an extension humanity, making her a strong humanity ally ; Danny Dyson is the official creator of Skynet ; Kyle Reese is the official creator AND leader of the resistance ; Cameron getting "intimate" with John sets up the future relationship between Allison and John ; John Henry stayed in the past and began building good machines to help the future resistance

    you can add your deductions

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meateater79

    meateater79

    [2]Apr 19, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 155

    Completely forgot about Danny Dyson; the writers did very purposefully mention that he was missing.

    "The Resistance Chronicles" has a weird sound to it...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheTenth10

    TheTenth10

    [3]Apr 19, 2009
    • member since: 01/05/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 56
    ... just implying that it might not be called Sarah Connor as she seems afflicted by cancer and John is in another timeline ...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mchris41

    mchris41

    [4]Apr 19, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 12
    Maybe just Terminator: Resistance or Terminator: The John Connor Chronicles
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meateater79

    meateater79

    [5]Apr 19, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 155
    No, Sarah Connor is definitely done. The fact that the writers didn't let her into the timegate proves it. But I think they'll stay away from "anything Chronicles" for awhile.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mchris41

    mchris41

    [6]Apr 19, 2009
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 12

    meateater79 wrote:
    No, Sarah Connor is definitely done. The fact that the writers didn't let her into the timegate proves it. But I think they'll stay away from "anything Chronicles" for awhile.

    I wouldn't say she's done, she's a main character in the series and they won't just write her out because John has went to the future. I think her main focus for will be the search for Danny Dyson with Ellison, they'll tell that story while John is doing his thing in the future.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Falcondude123

    Falcondude123

    [7]Apr 20, 2009
    • member since: 09/24/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,602
    mchris41 wrote:

    meateater79 wrote:
    No, Sarah Connor is definitely done. The fact that the writers didn't let her into the timegate proves it. But I think they'll stay away from "anything Chronicles" for awhile.

    I wouldn't say she's done, she's a main character in the series and they won't just write her out because John has went to the future. I think her main focus for will be the search for Danny Dyson with Ellison, they'll tell that story while John is doing his thing in the future.

    Okay, so you just show Sarah doing her own thing with no John, no Derek, and no Cameron?! I wonder how many more transgender characters she can meet with half the show to herself... Twenty? Thirty?

    Sorry, but i agree with meateater79: Sarah is done. John's is the new story. "Terminator: The Resistance"! Sounds cool! And were the heck is Cameron?!

    Edited on 04/20/2009 8:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheTenth10

    TheTenth10

    [8]Apr 21, 2009
    • member since: 01/05/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 56
    The "Cameron" wee see in the future is Allison Young, the human one. So John Henry / Cameron could as well have stayed behind in the present and prepare the coming war by building "good" robots to fight Skynet, "I'm sorry, John" means Cameron is sorry she leaves John for xx years to defend himself.
    Edited on 04/21/2009 3:29am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Falcondude123

    Falcondude123

    [9]Apr 21, 2009
    • member since: 09/24/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,602
    TheTenth10 wrote:
    The "Cameron" wee see in the future is Allison Young, the human one. So John Henry / Cameron could as well have stayed behind in the present and prepare the coming war by building "good" robots to fight Skynet, "I'm sorry, John" means Cameron is sorry she leaves John for xx years to defend himself.


    Yeah I got that much, hence the humans and dog not going nuts around her.

    but I thought it was pretty clear Cameron/JohnHenry went back to the future, wasn't it?

    John: where is she(cameron)?
    weaver: not "where", "when"?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of scottycam13

    scottycam13

    [10]Apr 21, 2009
    • member since: 04/14/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 11
    How about "Terminator: Timeline"?

    The title wouldn't focus on any one character, and it could bring in any kind of unique episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Igarka

    Igarka

    [11]Apr 22, 2009
    • member since: 02/24/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 946
    I think Terminator:Timeline is the best of the suggestions. But Ill be happy if we get anything at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArithmosPT

    ArithmosPT

    [12]Apr 22, 2009
    • member since: 03/30/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 57
    What is everyone talking about? John Henry/Cameron went to the future, they did not stay in the past! Cameron didn't leave John Connor to defend himself, Catherine Weaver is with him, she's sorry that she had to leave to the future.

    I agree with Terminator: John Connor's Chronicles, the show will be all about him and Cameron. John is becoming the man everone expects him to be, so sarah connor isn't needed anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meateater79

    meateater79

    [13]Apr 22, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 155

    I say we get a poll going for best name for a new series. Maybe if we take the first step FOX will think "Heck, since they've already got a good name..."

    Previous posts has got me thinking... Whatever Weaver or John Henry implanted in Cameron's programming, it must have been pretty powerful to override her mission to protect John (since she left).

    BTW, Terminator: Timelines sounds like a great title for a graphic novel.

    Edited on 04/23/2009 5:25am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Falcondude123

    Falcondude123

    [14]Apr 22, 2009
    • member since: 09/24/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,602
    meateater79 wrote:

    I say we get a poll going for best name for a new series. Maybe if we take the first step FOX will think "Heck, since they've already got a good name..."

    Previous posts has got me thinking... Whatever Weaver or John Henry implanted in Cameron's programming, it most have been pretty powerful to override her mission to protect John (since she left).

    BTW, Terminator: Timelines sounds like a great title for a graphic novel.



    I still like "Terminator: Resistance" best. But any new name would be an improvement.

    Yeah I am kinda stumped about that too; why does a simple line like "will you join us?" make a Terminator override their programming?

    Maybe all of the machines have that line as a sort of "password" for giving them the option to change sides???
    Maybe John Connor never even reprograms any of them, he just asks them all that password, "will you join us?", and then they can use their own A.I. reasoning to decide whether or not to join him.
    hmmm.........
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArithmosPT

    ArithmosPT

    [15]Apr 23, 2009
    • member since: 03/30/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 57
    It was not that line "will you join us" that override cameron's programming, cameron was never programmed to protect john connor, she was asked to by future john connor. By giving the chip to john henry, cameron thought that it was a way to protect john connor, she went to the future to destroy skynet, so it won't send anymore terminators to the past to kill john connor, she apologises because she left him, and I believe that was as hard to john as it was for cameron.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meateater79

    meateater79

    [16]Apr 24, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 155

    ArithmosPT wrote:
    ...cameron was never programmed to protect john connor, she was asked to by future john connor.

    Do you mean that she was just a cyborg lounging about town and John Connor asked her to do him a solid? The idea that she was a free machine (like Weaver, I imagine) is not entirely impossible, but the fact that she reverted back to her original factory setting of terminating John Connor in the season 2 premiere tells me otherwise.

    And I'm warming the "Terminator: Resistance". TSCC might of been too focus on Sarah Connor because that's what the title states. We can all agree that Cameron and John were what most fans wanted to see.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArithmosPT

    ArithmosPT

    [17]Apr 24, 2009
    • member since: 03/30/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 57
    What I mean is that every terminator have a directive, some of them we see "Terminate John Connor" in their HUD screen (it's the way terminators see the world) , in T2 we saw mission: "Protect John Connor" in Arnold's HUD, but Cameron's has a completely different HUD, she sees life as colourful as it is, not reddish, and we never saw anything from Cameron's HUD "Protect John Connor". What I think is that Cameron and future John Connor decided that it was best if she went to the past to protect john, to prepare john connor. In season 2 premiere the blast, damaged cameron's free will and made her run the skynet software only. In Allison from Palmsdale, we saw the opposite thing, Cameron's was running without skynet software. I have other things that make me think, if Cameron's mission was to protect John Connor... then why "She's not made to fight other machines" remember this line? If I wanted to protect john connor I would send a Terminator that could fight other machines right? That's why I think Cameron never had a specific mission, she had her free will, and that is also why, she gave her chip to John Henry, the same free will that made Catherine Weaver aparentely leave Skynet's side. That is Skynet's main enemy, every terminator has free will, can "think" for themselves, but skynet's software and hardware blocks that free will, except for liquid terminators because they have no chip to program, no hardware to program. They are instructed to terminate humans, some obey (like in T2) others have different point of view (Weaver).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Falcondude123

    Falcondude123

    [18]Apr 24, 2009
    • member since: 09/24/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,602
    ArithmosPT wrote:
    That is Skynet's main enemy, every terminator has free will, can "think" for themselves, but skynet's software and hardware blocks that free will, except for liquid terminators because they have no chip to program, no hardware to program. They are instructed to terminate humans, some obey (like in T2) others have different point of view (Weaver).


    I don't know about this free will idea... I guess it explains why "sometimes they go bad," but then the concept makes me have to re-evaluate EVERYTHING I've ever thought about the machines...

    I don't think they do have free-will, because they are still slaves to logic; even if they can think for themselves, they will NEVER make an illogical decision like a human would, because they have no emotions to make them do so. If the choice was to kill a friend and save the world, or else risk the world for the friend's life, they wouldn't hesitate to make the logical decision and kill the friend.
    A human would hesitate, because humans have emotions. Emotions like love, sympathy, compassion, guilt, fear, etc, might make a human do what is (strategically speaking) illogical. When you think about it, every illogical choice people make is because they follow thier feelings instead of their minds, their passions instead of their brains. All tactically unsound choices people make start with emotions(or else a lack of intell, but even a machine could be suseptible to that problem).

    My point is, no true machine could exhibit sign of self-will(such as making illogical choices or strategic mistakes), because they have no emotions to impede them from doing what is tactically logical.

    Cameron didn't just wake up one morning and say, "I like John Connor, he gives me warm fuzzies all over, so I'm going to abandon skynet and join the little weakling's pathetic resistance."

    Can she logically reason that joing Connor is better tactically? Maybe... I don't know how, atleast not if the ultimate goal is self-survival, but MAYBE...nah. She had to be reprogrammed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArithmosPT

    ArithmosPT

    [19]Apr 25, 2009
    • member since: 03/30/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 57
    I had the same idea as you did, but then I saw Allison from Palmsdale episode, wasn't cameron acting illogical? How can a machine stopped being machine and act human? What kind of program would skynet give to her that could make her cry? "I know why you cry, that's something I could never do" - from T2. Cameron just couldn't wake up one day (although she never sleeps lol) and decided to be human, all the glitches all the confusion it's a inner fight between free will and skynet programming, and we can see that in Born to Run, if we know how to understand Cameron and John's alone moment. And if you say that a human would hesitate because humans have emotion, didn't Cameron hesitated when john was on top of her? That's..good..it's perfect..(first endless time)...J....John....(second endless time)...Time to go"
    I cannot simply ignore this, and continue to think that machines are just robots, there's something different about terminators, even the turk had moods and it's 20 years less advanced, why can't terminators have free will?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sNaKeBiTe688

    sNaKeBiTe688

    [20]Apr 25, 2009
    • member since: 02/19/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 86
    Falcondude123 is completely right. A machine in our understanding, at this time would never be able to make illogical choices (except for when they are programmed to do so...).

    However, this does DEFINITELY NOT apply to Cameron! She does make illogical decisions. She has some kind of free will. She might even be able to have emotions (there are huge arguments about this topic and both sides have valid points). Personally, I think she is capable of having emotions, as we saw in Allison from Palmdale. But back on topic.

    Do you remember the scene with Cameron and Riley in the shed? Cameron "didn't know what to do". I've never seen a computer/machine that didn't know what to do. The logical choice was to kill Riley, because she is a threat to John and brings danger into his life. However she didn't. There is something that is completely contrary to her initial Terminator programming. (It's preventing her from killing and if you go down that road, you could even go as far as seeing morality in her actions). Another scene that would support the thing about morality, is the one where Cameron frees Sarah from prison without killing a single guard. Why did she do that? A normal Terminator wouldn't care about that. No, she choose to do so. She definitely has a free will.

    But what's the meaning of this, where does it come from, and what importance does it have? There are so many theories about all this that I can't even begin explaining them here (Mostly because of my limited English skills and time ). However, I can give you the link to a blog that contains some theories that seem very plausible and are quite interesting.

    http://cjcs.com/tib/2840/camerons-glitch-evolution-or-fatal-flaw/

    and http://cjcs.com/tib/3352/ttscc-cameron-and-did/

    @ArithmosPT: Cameron was built by Skynet, as an infiltrator and not to protect John Connor. She is therefore designed to kill humans, not robots.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.