Josh Friedman speaks his mind (Warning: spoiler "allusions" )

jjrrffkk

[1]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 2

There is a very supremo, highly illuminating blog commentary posted by Josh Friedman, the person whom I think is the "show runner" for the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

He covers a lot of ground in it, from fans being stressed out over ratings, marketing/advertising mis-steps, and "creative direction" (his bailiwick). The most important stuff I think are his allusions as to what will be covered in subject matter by the end of this second season....

Here is the URL link for those who want to read all of it: http://www.fox.com/blogs/terminator/2009/02/22/josh-friedman-almost-spoiler-alert/.

I felt it so important, that I wanted to post his bulleted set of items that everyone should know will be featured and covered, by the end of this season (four episodes away?) It's a lot to cover....so I suspect there will be wall-to-wall action....

WARNING: NOW COME THE SPOILER "ALLUSIONS"...

(This is a direct "cut and paste"--hence the quotation marks.)

"......

So here are my campaign promises. And because I've already shot the episodes, I know they're promises I'll be keeping... by the end of the season you will see/know:

-the resolution of the Riley story
    -the resolution of the Jesse story
    -a future story about Jesse's Terminator-piloted nuclear submarine explaining how Jesse got to be how she got to be and how it relates to John Connor's present and future
    -the return of Cameron's glitch in new and deadly ways
    -much more Jameron (for those of you who like it)
    -not too much Jameron (for those of you who don't)
    -an explanation of the three-dots
    -Catherine Weaver's backstory/origin story
    -Savannah in mortal danger
    -the revelation of Catherine Weaver's exact mission
    -a fight between Catherine Weaver and another Terminator
    -a faceoff between Sarah Connor and Catherine Weaver
    -a deadly attack on the Connors by agents of Skynet
    -the death of a loved one

And some big things I won't reveal. Hate spoilers.

......"

So there are going to be three characters that will be dead by the end of the season. I think one will be Jesse (goodbye to her--I didn't like her), one might be Derek (I won't be happy if this is a correct guess--I think John needs him for human male guidance), and the other might be the little girl Savannah (which will make me sad). I will be super shocked if Sarah buys it. Completely rocked if they pull that.

So I am hoping that they won't do that. Pleez Josh, don't knock off Sarah.

Your reactions?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sahlinrob

[2]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    Well quite frankly......I wouldn't mind at all if Sarah bites the big one. Ive watched this series from season one pilot to the latest ep many, many times and each time I find myself liking her less. It's no reflection on the actress, she does a good job, I just don't like the character Sarah is portrayed as on the series. But that won't happen. It doesn't matter if the show were to run for 5 seasons, Sarah, John and Cameron will be there and possibly Derick. Riley already bit the dust so that leaves two more. I'm pretty sure that Jessi with all her underhanded tricks and the trouble she is causing will be another. I read on a website somewhere (can't remember where) that Charlie Dixon will be back and end up getting killed and that would make sense. There is no way Sarah could possibly get back together and live "happily ever after" just would'nt be in the story line. With Chuck being dead that would remove that possibility. A lot of peeps seem to think/fear that Cameron will be among the "Dearly Departed", and I'm sure something horrible could happen to her on the last ep. of the season as a "cliff hanger" till next season (if there is one), but if it comes to a third season you can bet she will be back in all her glory. I even saw an episode guide for a third season. There were no ep. descriptions or even names as they haven't been shot yet, but there were 22 episodes each with a new picture of the three main characters posing on them....Sarah, John and Cameron.
    Edited on 03/15/2009 8:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Sahlinrob

[3]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    One more thought....Savanna...killing a young little child also seems unlikely on prime time TV..she may just "go away" adopted, etc...but killing her?...seriously dought it.