My Cameron (Summer Glau) Drawing!

  • Avatar of karlandi

    karlandi

    [21]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 195
    KJay489 wrote:

    let alone make it look realistic.



    Coulda fooled me lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ndk28

    ndk28

    [22]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 11/05/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 370

    that's a fantastic drawing . You've got some serious talent. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!

    Edited on 02/11/2008 12:20pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of B-MaN003

    B-MaN003

    [23]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 09/17/04
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 628

    Holy wow....

    that's REALLY good!!!

    you definitely got talent

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KJay489

    KJay489

    [24]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 02/06/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of staindredglass

    staindredglass

    [25]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 07/24/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 5,190

    i am so making ur drawing my desktop wallpaper!!! it's flippin awesome!!!

    u gonna make anymore drawings??? pretty please

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jeric-Ho

    Jeric-Ho

    [26]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 05/16/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 1,478
    KJay489 wrote:
    si_j_s wrote:

    Great drawing!

    I suggest you create your version of a metal endoskeleton beneath Cameron's skin.. like if a portion of her face got blown off and the metal parts beneath it are showing... That would be very cool

    Thanks! I do admit I'm not very good at improvising and making stuff up as I draw, let alone make it look realistic. But I'll consider the idea. I'm not sure I'll use her face though, maybe I'll go with the lower body like how she's marketed in the fox website.



    If you are not very good at improvising, why not try getting a screen image of a terminator from one of the movies or one of the episodes where skin damage and the metal skeleton can be seen, and put it into your work but on a different face like Summers for instance, this way you dont have to improvise as you have what you need still infront of you, and work from there!

    Just a little tip, i have done this before and its a good way to start!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KJay489

    KJay489

    [27]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 02/06/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50

    staindredglass wrote:

    i am so making ur drawing my desktop wallpaper!!! it's flippin awesome!!!

    u gonna make anymore drawings??? pretty please

    thanks! I do have a couple others at my devintart profile at jckarlo.deviantart.com .. My Summer Glau drawing uploaded there is a larger version and more suitable for a wallpaper, so check it out!

    Jeric-Ho wrote:
    KJay489 wrote:
    si_j_s wrote:

    Great drawing!

    I suggest you create your version of a metal endoskeleton beneath Cameron's skin.. like if a portion of her face got blown off and the metal parts beneath it are showing... That would be very cool

    Thanks! I do admit I'm not very good at improvising and making stuff up as I draw, let alone make it look realistic. But I'll consider the idea. I'm not sure I'll use her face though, maybe I'll go with the lower body like how she's marketed in the fox website.

    If you are not very good at improvising, why not try getting a screen image of a terminator from one of the movies or one of the episodes where skin damage and the metal skeleton can be seen, and put it into your work but on a different face like Summers for instance, this way you dont have to improvise as you have what you need still infront of you, and work from there! Just a little tip, i have done this before and its a good way to start!

    Summer's hot and I wouldn't feel right drawing her face torn up lol. But I'll consider it. Maybe like a half human face and half robot face type thing like this Terminator 3 promo pic:

    Edited on 02/11/2008 7:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of staindredglass

    staindredglass

    [28]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 07/24/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 5,190

    that's the one i download. the one from ur site it's been my wallpaper for a couple minutes now.

    btw, u should make more Kate Beckinsale drawings. i absolutely love her!!! make a Kate Beckinsale drawing of her from the Underworld movies.

    look what ur drawings have done to me! i've become demanding and u shall obey! or suffer the wrath that is me! don't make me stick an "or else" in there!

    but seriously... keep up the good work. u got talent.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KJay489

    KJay489

    [29]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 02/06/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    staindredglass wrote:

    that's the one i download. the one from ur site it's been my wallpaper for a couple minutes now.

    btw, u should make more Kate Beckinsale drawings. i absolutely love her!!! make a Kate Beckinsale drawing of her from the Underworld movies.

    look what ur drawings have done to me! i've become demanding and u shall obey! or suffer the wrath that is me! don't make me stick an "or else" in there!

    but seriously... keep up the good work. u got talent.



    haha...that's no problem at least it tells me people like my work and it's worth taking the time to make drawings, especially when they make it their wallpaper *blush*. As for the Kate Beckinsale thing, I think she's awesome too, and she does look badass in underworld, so I may give it a shot in the future (do you think it'd be cool if it was black and white except for blue eyes?) after a few more drawings. I'm not sure I'd wanna start a gallery full of the same 2 or 3 people. I might draw Christian Bale as I'd like to have a male portrait. After all he might be playing John Connor in T4!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of staindredglass

    staindredglass

    [30]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 07/24/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 5,190
    KJay489 wrote:
    staindredglass wrote:

    that's the one i download. the one from ur site it's been my wallpaper for a couple minutes now.

    btw, u should make more Kate Beckinsale drawings. i absolutely love her!!! make a Kate Beckinsale drawing of her from the Underworld movies.

    look what ur drawings have done to me! i've become demanding and u shall obey! or suffer the wrath that is me! don't make me stick an "or else" in there!

    but seriously... keep up the good work. u got talent.

    haha...that's no problem at least it tells me people like my work and it's worth taking the time to make drawings, especially when they make it their wallpaper *blush*. As for the Kate Beckinsale thing, I think she's awesome too, and she does look badass in underworld, so I may give it a shot in the future (do you think it'd be cool if it was black and white except for blue eyes?) after a few more drawings. I'm not sure I'd wanna start a gallery full of the same 2 or 3 people. I might draw Christian Bale as I'd like to have a male portrait. After all he might be playing John Connor in T4!

    personally, i think black and white drawings do more justice to a picture of any person/celebrity/character than color does. with the mention of Christian Bale, u should draw him as Batman! u should draw a whole bunch of ppl. eventually have a couple drawings of each. i'd say get a little gallery of drawings; a bunch of different ppl. oh, oh, oh!!! make a Hugh Jackman as Wolverine!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KJay489

    KJay489

    [31]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 02/06/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    Well it was just a thought since it helps emphasize a distinct trait in Kate's character. Hehe I just now noticed your kate banner. Anyways yea Hugh Jackman's a good idea too!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Falcondude123

    Falcondude123

    [32]Feb 17, 2008
    • member since: 09/24/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,602
    Her forearm is too long, almost alien-like... but DUDE!!! I have never seen a better pencil drawing, and from me, that's saying ALOT!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of janotdupont

    janotdupont

    [33]Nov 22, 2011
    • member since: 09/15/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2

    Awesome drawing!


    I'm sure a lot of Summer Glau fans would like to see it. Why don't you submit it in the fan art section of the fansite Summer Glau Wiki?


    link : http://summerglauwiki.com

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.