Official Discussion Thread - Earthlings Welcome Here (possible spoilers)

BruceRM

[81]Dec 20, 2008
    • level: 3

I really disliked this episode. A few thoughts and predictions:

• Riley is not dead. She was still breathing and twitching, and there was nowhere near enough blood on the floor for her to be in critical condition, let alone dead. I think John will blame Cameron for Riley's lame suicide attempt ("What did you say to her?!!!") kinda like how John thought Cameron may have caused that girl to jump off the roof at school (side note: I'm still pissed off that we never got to find out what all that graffiti crap was about, or that other blond girl at school who was quiet and strange and who apparently had something bad happen to her at her old school).
    • The whole UFO angle was horrendously lame. Last episode Sarah dismissed all sorts of companies (ice cream, pet food, etc.) that had 3 dots in the logo, but she hears of people seeing UFOs with 3 lights on the bottom and suddenly she's chatting it up at UFO convenctions? Pet food sounds like a more plausible lead.
    • Those "california drones" they showed are a known, verified HOAX in real life. Why would they go in this direction? You'd want to assume it has something to do with the future manufacture of HK's but those drones look NOTHING like anything Skynet makes, not in any manifestation of the Terminator franchise.
    • What does Derrick do? He just shows up now and then? He knows of Jesse but keeps her existence a secret. He doesn't like Cameron and neither does Jessee, yet she doesn't tell him that she's there (is she AWOL or is that her mission, and if so who gave it to her? - surely not future John) trying to put a blond girl between John and Cameron? Why not? Makes no sense.
    • I love UFOs and aliens as much as the next sci-fi geek, but there is no room for such things in the Terminator universe. Does not belong. Bad idea.
    • We all know Sarah is going to live (confirmed by previews) so what kind of cliffhanger is that? Is she gonna be captured by some bad guys?
    • I'm wondering if the company doing the drone research which Abraham was working for is the same company Katherine Weaver is running (viera corp or whatever its name is, i always forget). If so, that would be way too convenient. Out of the millions of potential "three-dot" leads, it's going to be the UFO sightings that leads Sarah to Weaver and John Henry and Skynet? Come on. A three-dot catfood company would be more plausible. Convenient coincidences are the halmark of poor, lazy writing. I expect FAR more from this show.
    • Did I mention that I hope Riley is dead?
    • Speaking of Riley, in the pilot John felt stupid for not knowing Cameron knew he was John Connor and is from the future. No hot girl would approach and befriend the wierd new kid at school. Riley did the same thing (although she's nowhere near as hot as Summer Glau) and john has not been the least bit suspicious? Is he a moron? The future of humanity is in the hands of a moron? Really? What happens if/when he finds out the truth about Riley and then another hot girl approaches him out of nowhere?

Blah.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BruceRM

[82]Dec 20, 2008
    Why did the bullet-point formatting not work? Now my last post is hard to read. Darnit.

m00nshadow

[83]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 20

I agree that not being able to format posts is a bummer.

I also agree it is odd that John isn't even a little suspicious of Riley; good point. She also likes food WAY too much to be a "normal" American teenager! The first thing she did when they met was ask him to buy her more lunch, and the first place she went in the new house was the fridge.

I really think Sarah has found the government project Andy Goode was supposed to have been recruited for if Derek hadn't killed him.

Edited on 12/21/2008 6:13pm

DBizTV

[84]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 43

John isn't suspicious of Riley because he doesn't want to be. He's neither a World Savior nor a moron, he's just a teenager who wants to be free of his mother's apron strings (and in his case, those are some apron strings). He's growing up but it takes time. Weren't you guys teenagers at some point in your lives? It's tough enough to deal without the weight of Mankind's Future on your back. Give the kid a break.

And, as far as aliens go, there were no aliens! It was simply a place she met the poor transvestite person, Eileen/Alan/Eileen - who worked for a private company building secret stuff for powerful, secret people. And let's hope none of this has anything to do with cat food companies, I know some people who really care about cats .,.

danharr

[85]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 45
    Good filler episode just a bridge to the avalanche of fight and new stuff after the break. I did like the full backstory on Riley and her bff...... Sarah going off alone with no word or backup was a tad silly but at least we get to find out whats up with the dropships first thing next year.

m00nshadow

[86]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 20
    DBizTV wrote:

John isn't suspicious of Riley because he doesn't want to be. He's neither a World Savior nor a moron, he's just a teenager who wants to be free of his mother's apron strings (and in his case, those are some apron strings). He's growing up but it takes time. Weren't you guys teenagers at some point in your lives? It's tough enough to deal without the weight of Mankind's Future on your back. Give the kid a break.

And, as far as aliens go, there were no aliens! It was simply a place she met the poor transvestite person, Eileen/Alan/Eileen - who worked for a private company building secret stuff for powerful, secret people. And let's hope none of this has anything to do with cat food companies, I know some people who really care about cats .,.

It's true that none of us fans was suspicious of her, so far as I can recall on the forum. I sure wasn't. Plus, John's got to know how very hot he is.... There doesn't seem to be much sparkage between those two, but my take has been that he's flattered enough at her persistence to want to keep seeing her. When the truth comes out, will he be able to forgiver her and/or feel pity?

Wait, is Skynet targeting cat food now?! Now that's diabolical. I mean, look at the current global economic meltdown. Is it a coincidence that it just happened to get bad while we were finding out about the Chinese melamine-in-milk policy, and that before that we found they were putting melamine in cat food? Skynet is learning global domination from the Chinese!

Merry Xmas.

Edited on 12/24/2008 4:38pm

DBizTV

[87]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 43

Yeah, I meant to mention the Chinese thing, but I missed the flow before I posted. And let's not forget that they poisoned dog food as well. I knew a sweet dog who apparently died because of that evil sh*t ...

And so, as I sit here, in my hall closet, spying to find out once and for all whether or not Santa really exists (determined not to fall asleep this time) - I also had an epiphany : It's all true! Terminators are really here and they're working with the Chinese to poison us all with melamine, thereby wiping out the resistance before Judgment Day even happens. And they're poisoning our cats and dogs because our little four-legged buddies can sniff them out! And, by the way, if one of you friendly Terminator-types is reading this ... can you hook me up with Cameron?

Rats! Getting so sleepy ... fading fast ... Wait, did I just hear sleigh bells?

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 12/24/2008 9:54pm

mohamdrazib

[88]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 1
    norah

Onion-Sisco

[89]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 5
    mhm

homestudio54

[90]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 5
    Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies, Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, Smallville, Private Practice, Bothers and Sisters, Heroes

masterofaeons

[91]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 15
    Yet another gun on the frontpage. Is this a game? Do I win something for finding it every time?

tvdiva826

[92]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 9
    it was great if left me wanting more Feb is to far away!!!!!!!!!

rocgf

[93]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 4
    luati pl

Numb3rsfan1

[94]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 28
    What is the gun for

Y2J_Fan101

[95]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 14
    Nice gun

CSI_Slovenia

[96]Dec 31, 2008
    the boy is hot.

AlanPppppp

[97]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 8
    for show!

mrswinchester24

[98]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 11
    anyone think this season need some help?

deeyahna

[99]Dec 31, 2008
    cool

deeyahna

[100]Dec 31, 2008
    cool