I really disliked this episode. A few thoughts and predictions:
- Riley is not dead. She was still breathing and twitching, and there was nowhere near enough blood on the floor for her to be in critical condition, let alone dead. I think John will blame Cameron for Riley's lame suicide attempt ("What did you say to her?!!!") kinda like how John thought Cameron may have caused that girl to jump off the roof at school (side note: I'm still pissed off that we never got to find out what all that graffiti crap was about, or that other blond girl at school who was quiet and strange and who apparently had something bad happen to her at her old school).
- The whole UFO angle was horrendously lame. Last episode Sarah dismissed all sorts of companies (ice cream, pet food, etc.) that had 3 dots in the logo, but she hears of people seeing UFOs with 3 lights on the bottom and suddenly she's chatting it up at UFO convenctions? Pet food sounds like a more plausible lead.
- Those "california drones" they showed are a known, verified HOAX in real life. Why would they go in this direction? You'd want to assume it has something to do with the future manufacture of HK's but those drones look NOTHING like anything Skynet makes, not in any manifestation of the Terminator franchise.
- What does Derrick do? He just shows up now and then? He knows of Jesse but keeps her existence a secret. He doesn't like Cameron and neither does Jessee, yet she doesn't tell him that she's there (is she AWOL or is that her mission, and if so who gave it to her? - surely not future John) trying to put a blond girl between John and Cameron? Why not? Makes no sense.
- I love UFOs and aliens as much as the next sci-fi geek, but there is no room for such things in the Terminator universe. Does not belong. Bad idea.
- We all know Sarah is going to live (confirmed by previews) so what kind of cliffhanger is that? Is she gonna be captured by some bad guys?
- I'm wondering if the company doing the drone research which Abraham was working for is the same company Katherine Weaver is running (viera corp or whatever its name is, i always forget). If so, that would be way too convenient. Out of the millions of potential "three-dot" leads, it's going to be the UFO sightings that leads Sarah to Weaver and John Henry and Skynet? Come on. A three-dot catfood company would be more plausible. Convenient coincidences are the halmark of poor, lazy writing. I expect FAR more from this show.
- Did I mention that I hope Riley is dead?
- Speaking of Riley, in the pilot John felt stupid for not knowing Cameron knew he was John Connor and is from the future. No hot girl would approach and befriend the wierd new kid at school. Riley did the same thing (although she's nowhere near as hot as Summer Glau) and john has not been the least bit suspicious? Is he a moron? The future of humanity is in the hands of a moron? Really? What happens if/when he finds out the truth about Riley and then another hot girl approaches him out of nowhere?