Official Discussion Thread - Last Voyage of the Jimmy Carter (possible spoilers)

Wolflmg

[41]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 14
    I am so ticked that killed Derek. He was a great character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Whitewind617

[42]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 5
    When i first saw the scene with Derek's death I thought it was a ****in' joke. The characters barely even reacted. The actor must have quit or something, because if they honestly wrote that scene in, then this show deserves to get cancled.

GoodallMomma

[43]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 1
    One of my favorite things about TSCC was the developing story about Derrick. Totally pissed he was killed like that!!!

Falcondude123

[44]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 10
    They should have killed Sarah, not Derek!!! ARrrRgh!

darthcrow64

[45]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 2

Sign the petition and keep it going. visit http://www.petitiononline.com/scc2009/petition.html and sign it then spread the word!! help build our army!!

charblasaur

[46]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 13

Falcondude123 wrote:
    They should have killed Sarah, not Derek!!! ARrrRgh!

Yes. Finally someone else who thinks Sarah should die. I have been wishing her dead since the first episode. Or at least gone. The series would be soooooooooooo much better without her. The Sarah in the movies where great, but this one almost make me not watch the show. Make it the John Connor chronicles (or maybe even Cameron chronicles) . Derek was kinda bugging me at first but now that I see him as part of the trio (Cam,John,Derek) they go and kill him, and in the lamest death-scene ever. Bang, head-shot, gone forever, not a chance in the devils backyard of being brought back. That's how extras are killed.

Any hoo. Maybe now that Sarah is in jail she wont get as much screen-time, fingers crossed. Maybe she even dies. All fingers and toes crossed.

I've signed the petition. Have you?

Edited on 04/06/2009 2:41am
    Edited 2 total times.

steveneustace

[47]Apr 6, 2009
    SAVE THE TERMINATOR SHOW, SAVE THE HUMAN RACE - I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS PETITION TO BRING A 3RD SEASON TO TERMINATOR THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, PLEASE SIGN IT, COMMENT, MAKE AN EFFORT, STOP FOX CANCELING ALL OUR SHOWS!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/scc2009/petition.html

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION EVERYONE.

JOHN CONNOR

steveneustace

[48]Apr 6, 2009
    SAVE THE TERMINATOR SHOW, SAVE THE HUMAN RACE - I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS PETITION TO BRING A 3RD SEASON TO TERMINATOR THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, PLEASE SIGN IT, COMMENT, MAKE AN EFFORT, STOP FOX CANCELING ALL OUR SHOWS!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/scc2009/petition.html

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION EVERYONE.

JOHN CONNOR

Charlie183

[49]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 17

I know it's been a long time since this episode aired.. but now that i have seen this scene again, there is something bothering me and i hope somebody can help me figure out if this is a misktake or not..

John says in Jesse's Appartment (which is totally my favorite scene, ok maybe together with the last few seconds of the show):

"When I was twelve they sent one after me.." which has to refer to Terminator 2 because he talks about sending back a machine instead of a human this second time.. but in Terminator 2 John Connor was ten, wasn't he ? (wiki says so as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_2:_Judgment_Day)

I wonder why nobody put this in the Trivia section.. am I wrong ? Did I miss something ? Some kind of alternate or time traveling that i just didn't really think about..

btw i thought derek dying was great. i was so shocked ! i loved his character and this just was mind-blowing.. i couldn't understand this.. but it made the situation look so much worse and it totally fit john's story of always losing the people he loves... and from point of audience: it was so much greater seeing him (and kyle) in those last minutes of the show.. wouldn't have this effect if he hadn't died..

shilllsing

[50]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 9
    Yes, its an alternate timeline and John was born at a different time than what's stated in Terminator 2. The same (or I should say similar0 events happened in the past of The Sarah Connor Chronicles but at different times/dates. The same goes for Terminator 3 and Salvation. There's three separate timelines in the series:

The Terminator / Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines / Terminator Salvation

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

So many timelines went by and were changed. The events of T1 and T2 happened in TSCC's timeline, just not on the same dates. Skynet must have sent the T-800 at an earlier date, thus Kyle followed, and Sarah had given birth to John earlier. Also, Skynet must have sent the T-1000 closer to the date of Judgment Day in 1997 instead of 1995. These ripples are a b!tch.

Here are the 3 separate timelines:

'TERMINATOR' AND 'TERMINATOR 2:JUDGMENT DAY'

T1 happens in May of 1984. John is born in February of 1985. T2 happens in June of 1995. John is 10 years old. Future unknown.

'TERMINATOR 3:RISE OF THE MACHINES' AND 'TERMINATOR SALVATION'

Events of T1 occur around 1980. John was born around 1981. Events of T2 happen in 1994. John is 13 years old. Sarah dies in 1997. Events of T3 happen in 2004. John is about 23 years old. Judgment Day happens. Events of Terminator Salvation happen in 2018. John is about 37 years old. Future unknown.

How this is figured out: T3 ROTM happens in 2004 (we can see this on the T-850's POV Overhead Display). John states that he was 13 years old when they sent the second terminator to kill him (T2). He stated that they blew up Cyberdyne over 10 years ago (1994). He stated that he kissed Katherine Brewster in Mike Kryptkey's basement 10 years ago, the night before he disappeared and he was on the news (T2).

TERMINATOR:THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES

Events of T1 happen in February of 1983. John is born in November of 1983. Events of T2 happen in 1996 or 1997. John is 12 or 13 years old. We know that CyberDyne building is blown up in 1997. Maybe the T-1000 was sent in 1996 (while John was still 12) and Sarah and John hid in the desert with Uncle Bob until sometime in 1997 when they decide to take down the inception of Skynet right before Judgment Day.
    John and Sarah meet Cameron in September of 1999. John is 15 years old. John/Sarah/Cameron time travel to September of 2007. November of 2007, John turns 16. TSCC continues to fold out.

To add: We can't even be sure that T3 and Salvation are even the same timeline. Salvation could possibly be the timeline right before T3 (the one where the T-850 comes from). Even T2 could be a different timeline from T1. To further add: It would not make sense for John Connor to send Kyle Reese back in time to the exact same date that he arrived in before. If John sent Kyle back to the same date, there would then be two Kyles because he would be sending Kyle to his past that has already happened. John would need to send him further back in time to erase the Kyle that had already come back. So John would always have to send his father further back if he sends him at all. There would be no need to send him again as it has already happened. Of course, the question arises: Does Skynet send the terminator back first or does John send Kyle Reese back first out of the knowledge that he must? He doesn't need to send Kyle at all if Skynet doesn't send a cyborg to kill his mother and vice versa.
    Edited on 05/01/2011 11:30pm
    Edited 8 total times.

Charlie183

[51]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 17
    Thanks so much for explaining.. I always thought that TSCC took the dates of T1 and T2 as a given and then due to the time travel at the beginning of the series, everything from here on was different..