Official Discussion Thread - The Good Wound (possible spoilers)

netgoddess

[1]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    I really liked this episode...I hope that other fans realized that it has come back on the air and now has moved to Fridays. I pay attention because T:TSCC is my favoirte show.
    Edited on 02/14/2009 5:17pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aolhater

[2]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 5

netgoddess wrote:
    I really liked this episode...I hope that other fans realized that it has come back on the air and now has moved to Fridays. I pay attention because T:TSCC is my favoirte show.

Heck I thought it was a great episode. More death and destruction of course, but what I especially liked the surprise guest star appearance from Star Trek.

Kinda surprised they didn't give this episode its own thread yet though.

Edited on 02/13/2009 10:08pm

BAGTbird

[3]Feb 13, 2009
    I think I saw lowriderz95s10 (the editor) online earlier. Thought he was about to make one since it was 30 minutes before airtime. Wonder if he'd be ok with someone starting one that he can pin later?

BiniBeans

[4]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    I agree it was an excellent episode. I loved Sarah's storyline the best. Still don't like this whole Riley angle.

What surprised me the most though was how the sheriff turned from reasonable to creepy so quickly though after he said the doctor's name when he found out she was the one with Sarah I guessed he was the man who gave the doctor her own personal experience with abuse.

BAGTbird

[5]Feb 14, 2009

As soon as I saw Trip I kept waiting for Scott Bakula to show up.

John Henry was hilarious playing with his Lego Bionicle figures.

gmx13

[6]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    Good overall episode. Not enough Summer Glau though. The whole Riley plot seems too slow and too forced. She could disappear and I don't think anyone would care.

therealcromar

[7]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 6

Loved the episode. Loved the guest star by Trip from Enterprise. I couldn't see him as anything but Trip and I think that actually worked in the show's favor. I was completely taken by the misdirection that set him up as the generic cliche "righteous cop who saves the day", so much in fact that I was totally stunned by the awesome ending. I guess Connor can act, because in a split second and about three words I saw his character transform. Not just in the words themselves, but in his face and the way he carried himself, like the character let his own act slip through (a serial abuser who pretends to be righteous for the rest of the world). Amazing what they did with about ~10 minutes of screen time, but an hour or two of Jesse and Riley this season has led nowhere Also the woman who played the doctor was excellent, another episode of standout guest stars. Where do they find these people? Guest stars in shows usually aren't this noteworthy, especially when they are no names.

I thought it was hilarious that the ads promoting the TSCC/Dollhouse hour all showed Summer but she was barely in it. They should have done an action packed, Cameron heavy episode like the season 2 premiere, that was a great one. They needed a big one to get casual viewers excited about next week, not a character and plot heavy episode for the hardcore fans like us.

I really felt like the Weaver storyline paid off in spades this week. I am relieved, because like Jesse and Riley, that arc got a LOT of screentime that could have gone to more exploisons. John Henry was frightening, Ellison was suitably frightened, and Weaver reminded us that she is, in fact, a killer robot. I also have to give props for the bathroom scene where they kept trying to trick us into thinking she was the urinal, the sink, etc etc. Again, more excellent misdirection. Of course this time she chose a much less extravagant method of execution. Great tense scene, pretty funny too, if you ignore all the slit throats.

Very sad about the ratings Things don't look good at all. I think it was the tvbythenumbers.com editor who predicted an awful 1.7 (saying anything below a 2.0 would be likely cancellation) but }TSCC couldn't even manage that, ending up with about a 1.4. Blah. At least a Fox exec claimed in an interview that since the season is done and produced they will get their full 9 weeks. I can't imagine them pulling the plug on a finished, paid for show when they aren't exactly clamoring for something to put in that slot. Summer said in an interview that the back nine episodes are action packed with a lot of stunts, so maybe Cam is gonna kick some ass and draw in the viewers for us again.

24Titan

[8]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 13

I just want to say that Catherine Weaver killing all of the people in that factory is definitely in the running for scariest and creepiest moment by a Terminator in the whole franchise. That definitely called back to the movies, and it worked really well. I thought the episode was very good overall. The stuff with John Henry was great (I really love Garret Dillahunt in that role), and the scenes with Catherine Weaver were even better. The Kyle Reese hallucinations were a little bit out there, and it seemed random that Felicia shot Trip, even though they apparently had a history. It just wasn't well explained.

Very sad about the ratings, though. I was really hoping to see a third season from Terminator, but it doesn't look like we're going to get that. Hopefully these last eight episodes will be awesome. They're off to a great start.

haldrey

[9]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    I loved this episode but I would have called it "The Good Doctor". It is nice to have them encounter someone who is not to get them.

Junest

[10]Feb 15, 2009

Good episode. Reminded me of T2, when Sarah imagined Kyle while in the asylum.

But I was curious about the very end, when Sarah was about to talk about Kyle, then Derek said he didn't need an explanation. What more would she have had to explain? Derek knows that Kyle was the father. Did Sarah not know that he knows? Or does it have more to do with how Kyle was significant enough to Sarah that she had brought him up to the Doctor?

Ack! I really wish they had talked!

xanderfi

[11]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 5
    Junest wrote:

But I was curious about the very end, when Sarah was about to talk about Kyle, then Derek said he didn't need an explanation. What more would she have had to explain? Derek knows that Kyle was the father. Did Sarah not know that he knows? Or does it have more to do with how Kyle was significant enough to Sarah that she had brought him up to the Doctor?

I agree. I think it would have been a really cool scene for them to talk about Kyle. Can you imagine what they would have said? I mean, that would just be a wierd conversation, but very interesting.

Overall, I thought the episode was great. Lots of action and character development. Kudos for the return episode of the show.

moatilliatta85

[12]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    Started off as a slow burner and then picked up the pace. I liked how the whole doctor/cop backdrop drama was kept subtle and they didn't outright explain what was going on. Weaver was awesome killing all those people, but the scene could've added a bit more tension playing some heavy-bassed theme or something. As others have noted, the Jesse and Riley storyline is dragging on waaay too long, not going anywhere and not really that interesting. They just seem like a couple of has-been lovers who are always bickering and formulating some secret plan no one cares much about.

m00nshadow

[13]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 20
    Junest wrote:

Good episode. Reminded me of T2, when Sarah imagined Kyle while in the asylum.

I'm pretty sure that Sarah did not, in fact, know that Derek knows. She certainly didn't tell him. He just guessed it on his own. He let John know that he knew by taking him to the park at the end of Season One to see his younger self and Kyle playing ball, and referring to his little brother as "your father". So, the only way Sarah would have known he knew was for John to tell her, which never happened on screen. (Whew!)

I liked this episode, too. It had plenty of surprises and horror! But I will be glad to see more Cameron, less Riley. They'd better reveal what the heck Jesse is up to pretty soon! I've also noticed that a lot of the time when there's something in an episode that seems like filler or pointless, it's setting up something big in a later episode.

Edited on 02/16/2009 11:55am

foxmccloud13

[14]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 13
    OMG. I totally forgot and missed it. There were like 2 commercials earlier in the week and by Friday I forgot.

Junest

[15]Feb 16, 2009

Go to fox.com (I'm assuming you're American?) they have a good video player (cough*unlikeCBS*cough) & upload T:TSCC the next day.

Thanks for the clarififation (that Sarah didn't know Derek knew). I remembered when Derek told John that he knew (the first time he saw John, because he looked so much like teenaged Kyle--btw my fav scene of the show). I guess I had just assumed that Sarah knew, and had just forgotten when in the show it had come up.

netgoddess

[16]Feb 17, 2009
    aolhater wrote:

Heck I thought it was a great episode. More death and destruction of course, but what I especially liked the surprise guest star appearance from Star Trek.

Don't you mean Michael from Stargate Atlantis?
    Edited on 02/17/2009 8:05pm

DBizTV

[17]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 43

Well, of course he was both, but he was Trip before he was Michael. And wow, that character arc is moving in the wrong direction : Trip was aces, Michael was a creature and the Sheriff was a creep.

The whole thing was way too creepy for me, and not in a good way. The Sheriff was a creep, Riley's a creep, Jesse's a creep, John Henry was creepy ... The only thing worth watching was the good doctor, Sarah before she went way under and Weaver making like a slice n' dice.

Somebody who actually knows how to write good dialogue would be nice. If you're going to ease off on the action then you'd better pump up the volume on the dialogue. I love the show but this wasn't the reopening I was looking for, nor the one they needed to survive. Sigh.

kiwi2012

[18]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 2
    That chick can not only play a great terminator she's also one hell of a singer!!!! I agree totally...........

kiwi2012

[19]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 2
    Loved this episode!!!! And honestly who thought Brian AUstin Green could redeem himself after his long drawn out role as a preteen on that other crap show....I guess age does make you more defined....

danharr

[20]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode lots of action much better than the fall finale and love where cromartie and weaver are going love the cat and mouse game. Good wrap up with Sarah's issues and Reese finding out he's an uncle good job.