Official Discussion Thread - To the Lighthouse (possible spoilers)

lowriderz95s10

[1]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 67
    Please direct all discussion for "To the Lighthouse" here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

intheb0x

[2]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 1

wow just wow.

another great episode thats NO ONE SEEN COMING, no one could predict that weavers companies croanies would be coming after them.

charlies dead!!, 2 episodes left????!??? did they kill the show after this??

i hope not, did anyone see the diagram on the guys phone, showing the complete diagram of a metal body, exactly where to pull the chip.

crazy stuff, these people are not to be messed with and there alot bigger then expected, the skynet worm is now infiltrating everything, even john henry.

whats your thoughts and opinions about this great episode?

RoverGuy

[3]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 9

First 40 minutes: Good episode - character driven, good storyline, some revealing moments.

Last 20 minutes: Awesome episode - action , suspense, drama.

The flashbacks were interesting. I am glad Sarah doesn ot have cancer, that would severely limit the future of the show.

I guess Derek did rat out his friends in the cellar, based on Cameron's comments when he said he would never reveal anything under torture. Hopefully we will learn more in future episodes.

Poor Charlie. At least he died fighting, saving John (of course).

I wonder who the 'brother' is? Another Terminator or SkyNet Jr? And who were the "Waterboys in Jumpsuits" helping him? Mercenaries?

Garret Dillahunt really creeps me out in his John Henry mode. I have seen him in a few other shows, but every time I see him I think John Henry.

I wonder if Ellis will get to see Weaver go metal on somebody?

As to the "only two episodes left" promo. I think that is until the end of the season, not the series. At least I hope so.

dragon22a

[4]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 32

Heres the thing. For all we know, those guys were not working for weaver at all. may the guy who kidnapped Sarah was a spy in weavers organization all along and these guys work for some other power. For one thing. They seem to be working for what ever hacked into john henry and weaver was as surprised as anyone when that happened.

This episode calls many things into question. is John Henry the program that will become skynet or is it this other prgram which hacked into him or is it this hacking that causes his turn? What does Dyson have to do with this? What exactly is Weavers mission? we saw in the future that John was trying to bring a T1000 over to his side. what if he did and Weaver is that unit or she is a member of the faction of robots who want peace.

netgoddess

[5]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 10
    dragon22a wrote:

What exactly is Weavers mission? we saw in the future that John was trying to bring a T1000 over to his side. what if he did and Weaver is that unit or she is a member of the faction of robots who want peace.

Yes I thought about that as well, if future John was trying to get a T1000 to help out, perhaps that T1000 is weaver, although weaver has done a lot of bad things though. But then it also seems like she wants to humanize John Henry and instill morals with Ellison's help? I wonder if some robots are trying to bring about the future where robots and humans coexist peaceful and if Weaver is part of that agenda.

DuoMaxwell007

[6]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 12
    well its alreadyy been confirmed that within the next two episode we WILL be told what it is Weaver in trying to accomplish

arsilverangel

[7]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 14
    It's so sad that Sarah brought John to visit Charlie to help him get over Riley and share the loss with someone father-like.. I mean there's Derek.. but he seems so cold sometimes.. not someone you can really talk to. And then have Charlie die too? That's just too horrible. I knew someone was gonna die this episode and I thought it would be Derek until I saw Charlie.. Then I just knew it would be him cause he has no one else now.. And all he would be is there to protect John.

Also.. just a thought, but I don't get Jesse's whole plan/timeline.. I mean, she decided to go back and use a human girl as leverage for John's terminator protector to kill so he wouldn't trust machines.. but she knew it was going to be Cameron? Cause Cameron was still in the future in her timeline and hadn't been sent back yet.. Unless she just assumes it would have been any terminator and that it was Cameron in specific that changed his whole view on everything. She does seem to be the key to things in some way. They're always trying to make us believe how she's more than just the sum of her programming.

Stitllams

[8]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 6

Cameron hadn't jumped backwards in time yet, but neither had Jesse, also seeing them in the past doesn't tell you from when in the future they came from.

That guy was shown how to disable Cameron, makes me think that this Terminator is experienced and the mission was to get John, maybe Weaver is with the good guys.

hakkersszz

[9]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 3
    3 words in caps and bold: O MY GOD!

This was one of the best episodes of this season..
    Such suspense.

It started with John Henry and the malware, and it ends with cameron almost having her chip removed. And as the big finaly, Charlie dead (what I believe is a shame).

So freakin much is one episode. WOW!

But, how did Cameron reboot so quickly?
    We learned in the first episode it takes 120 seconds to reboot.
    Yet she did it in less then a minute... How is this possible?

After watching this episode I really hope they continue the show instead of canceling. But with the new movie coming this fall I doubt it.

jjrrffkk

[10]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 2

Some things I think I think.....

The episode is providing more questions than answers....

But I think this.

--John Henry is not Skynet. Skynet (in its 2009 format) is looking for John Henry, as apparently in the future a counteracting computer network was involved in the Resistance. (New wrinkle in the story line canon.)

--On other Terminator webpages, there was discussion that apparently a woman will betray John Connor. Perhaps his Mother did inadvertently in this episode, with the emlpacement of a tracking chip in her breast. But this doesn't explain the tracking of Cameron/Derek. Unless Skynet knows how to track Terminators (already in 2009). And those dudes in the grayish like overalls work for Skynet. Not Weaver. (I suspect this.) The comment of the one overalled Dude asking on his communicator how would they know where to begin cutting, with the response "You got it from your brother" indicates the Skynet agents are communicating with Skynet directly...human to computer. And perhaps Skynet figured out with its infiltration of John Henry (or perhaps due to the original Cyberdyne information it began with) how to inactivate a Terminator.

--Cameron is definitely not set up like a "regular" Terminator. She may be partly organic (more so than "regular" ones). So she can reboot faster.

--John Henry was not trying to harm Savannah. At first, I thought her suggestion to include something completely outside the parameters of the game he was engaged in set off "buffer alarms" as in regards to following rules--Savannah was forcing him to work outside set rules and parameters by including the ducklings in an otherwise "Dungeons and Dragons" type of game he was playing. It could also be that was when the virus set by the "Real Skynet" was let loose, just happenstance. But I don't think it was happenstance. Once John Henry started portraying Real AI--that is making up rules or flouting rules as he went along (modifying the program as he went--true AI), set off the virus worm. Savannah appears to be a plot device, but perhaps if a Season 3 takes place, there might be more character development. (Skynet already has a back-door on 60% of the computers or computer software out there--this reflects in reality (see articles on "Wired.com" danger room) that the National Security Agency has an actual "back door" into all Microsoft software to gain access if they want... so is the NSA manufacturing a Skynet? (According to the internal story of the TV series.) Why do you guys think?

--I am troubled by why Catherine Weaver didn't have more of a worried reaction to the near meltdown of John Henry. But then I realized she's a Liquid, and perhaps that wasn't a priority to have such expression. But she is evolving also--but more slowly than John Henry. She does express surprise.

--The teaser at the end of the show makes me wonder if Catherine Weaver and Cameron have an epic battle. (One of the show runner's comments--see a thread below about spoiler "Allusions"--says that there will be a battle between Weaver and another Terminator.) Cameron is flying through the air, and smacks a wall arms-and-legs akimbo...it would have to be a much more powerful Terminator....Weaver fits that bill.

--Ellison may be the "stinker" in all of this (based on the next episode teaser shown at the end). We'll see what role he plays, and whether something he says provides John with some severe reality check.

--I am still awaiting the "link" between the TV show and Terminator: Salvation. It may be happening next week, or in the one thereafter. I fully expect (but it probably won't happen) that there will be a cameo by Christian Bale--in the actual show. That would be a great tie-in to the upcoming film. But I guess we'll see what happens.

I really like this show. Based on suggestions from teh fox terminator wiki webpage, I actually sent in e-mails to Fox, and the WB's overseer of production. You'll have to go over there to get the actual e-mail addresses.

More later (as when I get time to think some more)...

jjrrffkk

[11]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 2

I forgot the "revelation from the future" that Cameron told Derek. I suspected that the kid was Derek's. But how will this affect how Derek does his job in the future? And Cameron did say that there was a lot that Jesse apparently didn't tell him.

What was Jesse's full and complete role in coming back to the past? Was it to escape the carnage as she mentioned a lot? Or to destroy John Connor's connection with Cameron (considering that Cameron apparently only met Jesse once in the future--is one meeting enough to want permanent--and deadly--change)?

All this means is that we have to have a Season 3.

sNaKeBiTe688

[12]Mar 28, 2009
    My theory on the fast reboot time, which I already posted on the official disussion blog over at fox.com:

ok, I just did a little time analysis of the reboot scene: (mm:ss)
    40:10 Cable thrown in water
    40:16 Cameron goes down
    40:48 Cameron boots up
    Total: 38 (32 sec if you count from where she falls to the floor)

The reboot scene in 'Samson and Delilah' was 52 sec. long. I know you can't show the exact 120 seconds on screen and I think they did it well in S&D (even though there are huge time jumps). But 38(32) seconds?! I don't know...
    As I see it, there could be two explanations for this:
    1. Cameron faked it for some reason... Maybe she wanted to know how much these guys know about Terminators, but then again she could have just tortured him. One thing that would support this thesis is the "waking up" process. In this episode she just opened her eyes. In S&D she is slowly waking up, moving her head around before opening her eyes.
    2. Cameron 'prepared' for being electricuted. As we learned from John Henry, the machines are able to process huge amouts of data in nanoseconds. After the water hit her, she must have realized that this is going to happen. So she put herself in stanby/hibernation mode (exaclty the same as on a computer) in order to reboot faster. We saw that in 'Heavy Metal'. Reboot-time from standby is 15 seconds. So that would come a lot closer.

Or maybe the writers just screwed up =)

hakkersszz

[13]Mar 28, 2009
    sNaKeBiTe688 wrote:
    2. Cameron 'prepared' for being electricuted. As we learned from John Henry, the machines are able to process huge amouts of data in nanoseconds. After the water hit her, she must have realized that this is going to happen. So she put herself in stanby/hibernation mode (exaclty the same as on a computer) in order to reboot faster. We saw that in 'Heavy Metal'. Reboot-time from standby is 15 seconds. So that would come a lot closer.

Or maybe the writers just screwed up =)

No, that's it. That must be it!
    It makes total sense. She knew in advance what was going to happen because of the water, so she could indeed put herself in standby in order to reboot faster.

haldrey

[14]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 22
    There is nothing more to say, just repeating that this was one of the top episodes of the season.

BiniBeans

[15]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    Well, I liked Sarah in this episode. And how harsh it must have een for her to devote her whole life to John's survival, and then leading the bad guys directly to him herself after just telling him he couldn't trust Cameron and Derek anymore because they made mistakes.

What does it mean that John Henry experienced death? Will it lead him to be more careful and respectful of human life now or will it sharpen his survival instinct and make him more estructive to ensure his (and the machines') survival?

If the water guys were his brother's mercs, does that mean the whole factory was his doing as well and Weaver only got involved and got rid of them after she learned about it from John Henry?

Interesting developments anyway. And Reese thanking Cameron? Never thought to see it happen.

kidkiffin

[17]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 5

ok so WOW!!!

I will miss charlie, but after seeing dean W. on 30 rock thursday i fully exptected him to call sarah dummy, giver her a noogie and tell her he is a sex addict.

all jokes aside, so many storylines going on right now. and i finally understand about the factory explosion.

The "brother" is the one building those HKs they showed on "desert cantos" weaver didn't know about the factory till JH told her.

Sarah must have felt like crap after leading the Merc's to john, cameron and derek.

The brother is not another terminator because it needed all the schematics from john henry to understand the endo. It must be another supercomputer the real skynet.

can we get so much plot solved in 2 more episodes? i don't think so!!

we need season 3

jem_snaps

[18]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 6
    good ep....*tear* sad about charlie. why'd the PTB kill him? i liked that character. then again i just like Dean Winters. why do his characters always seem to die or leave?

oldsage

[19]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 9

Poor Charlie...

Still a little uncomfortable with how quickly Cameron recovered from electrocution, but I am willing to let it go.

Cameron hasn't been as much of a central character in the last few episodes. I'm not really complaining, but I think there's going to be a lot more revolving around her next week.

Lena Heady is amazing. I still can't believe people had a problem with her being cast as Sarah when the series began.

I can't wait until next week!

rob2609marlin

[20]Mar 29, 2009
    BiniBeans wrote:
    Well, I liked Sarah in this episode. And how harsh it must have een for her to devote her whole life to John's survival, and then leading the bad guys directly to him herself after just telling him he couldn't trust Cameron and Derek anymore because they made mistakes.

What does it mean that John Henry experienced death? Will it lead him to be more careful and respectful of human life now or will it sharpen his survival instinct and make him more estructive to ensure his (and the machines') survival?

If the water guys were his brother's mercs, does that mean the whole factory was his doing as well and Weaver only got involved and got rid of them after she learned about it from John Henry?

Interesting developments anyway. And Reese thanking Cameron? Never thought to see it happen.

I think that you were mistaken. Reese didn't thank her. She just said your welcome. But I do have to say that this is by far the best ep. of the season! I really thought that the series was taking a wrong turn with the whole sarah/sleep issues and all of the other wierd plot lines. I'm SO glad that it is back on track and I pray that we get a season 3!