Reily: Love her or hate her

How do you feel about reily

mrswinchester24

[1]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    personally, she annoyes me and is steering John in the wrong direction, i hope she isn't long term...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[2]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 23
    I won't shead any tears if she dies. Maybe a terminator will kill her and that will set John back on track.

ImpalaFan

[3]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 3

CaptainHarkness wrote:
    I won't shead any tears if she dies. Maybe a terminator will kill her and that will set John back on track.

I'm with you Captain. Although I voted "don't care" I lean more towards "disliking" her. Anyway, it wouldn't bother me a bit if she were to disappear. John doesn't need such distractions that cause him to get off-track, although I suppose it contributed to last's night's action packed epi. I just see her as an unnecessary character, I suppose.

nknh

[4]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 21

She is getting on my last nerve. I figured after this week I wouldn't have to see her again because I thought that it'd be her last episode. But no, of course they haven't killed her off yet.

Her influences on John is not only bad, but could be fatal. She's undoing all of John's hard work, training, goals, mind set, etc... Everything that he and Sarah have worked for, and he's turning into a regular juvenile teenager.

There's never a good time for John Connor to be just a regular guy.

Falcondude123

[5]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    Wow- I didn't know so many people shared my dislike of her.

She is kind of the catalyst for John Baum, if you know what I mean.

On the other hand, we need to remember that without her involvement, John would still be nothing but a sidekick in this show. His rebelliousness has turned him into a separate dynamic of this show, a force of his own will and ability.

Granted he will have to mature and become John Connor again sooner or later, but perhaps he will do so with a new independance that he will need when it's finally time to organize the resistance, and Riley will have been a major force in that.

mrswinchester24

[6]Nov 12, 2008
    nknh wrote:

She is getting on my last nerve. I figured after this week I wouldn't have to see her again because I thought that it'd be her last episode. But no, of course they haven't killed her off yet.

Her influences on John is not only bad, but could be fatal. She's undoing all of John's hard work, training, goals, mind set, etc... Everything that he and Sarah have worked for, and he's turning into a regular juvenile teenager.

AMEN! I couldn't have said it better!

TheeDragon42

[7]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    Ok, while admit she hasn't been too bad in the last two episodes, I would like nothing more to see her 'terminated' wiith extreme prejudice. Well maybe not that extreme, but her and John breaking up would be nice.

She's a triple threat. First, she herself is terribly annoying. Second, she makes John Connor into John Baum which is also terribly annoying. And third, because John's character is so important they often go on John and Riley tangents which are also annoying.

Doesn't help that we all know her exit (please let her exit) will probably bring about the resurgance of John Connor. So yeah, by all means get rid of her.

Killer1One

[8]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    I am a Blindly faithful member of the RUH (Riley United Haters) but hey maybe she will got killed someday... Jhon is supposed to be the savior of the human race and this girl is turning him into an idiot. Jhon don't be stupid!!!!

Firetears

[9]Nov 12, 2008
    I like Riley. Well, I don't absolutely love her or anything but there's more like for her than there is neutralism. I'd definitely be a little upset if she dies or something. And that's saying a lot because I'm shamefully vouching for John/Cam.

Junest

[10]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 10

Although I can understand the point of a story line that has John w/ a girlfriend, trying to be a normal kid, & forget about all the pressure that is put on him as John Conner (As he is still a teenager & rebellion is kind of natural--especially when you think about what he's had/will have to deal with)... Riley in particular has annoyed me at times. A different girl maybe wouldn't as much.

Of course, John will have to soon get out of his angsty-teenage-rebellion kick & become John Conner, the man. There is only so much angst we, the audience, can stand before it starts becoming just another teen drama.

& who knows, maybe after this past episode, Riley will be so freaked, she might have one more episode to ask John "WTF??" & him to say, "Well, I guess I am too dangerous. Ta ta."

Corko21

[11]Nov 13, 2008
    nknh wrote:

She isn't having any influence on John. Is it just me, or am I the only one who realizes that John acting as a rebellious teenager isn't being done enough. I mean, most kids rebel against their parents, and most kids try to get out of homework/their job (for John this is preparing for the apocolypse). But in John Connor's case, we are talking about a guy who is destined to be the one to rally humankind against a seemingly impossible foe. He teaches them to scale the walls of a deathcamp, and fight back against metal monsters. Rebelling is in his nature, fighting what seems to be fate is what makes John Connor, John Connor. So I think Reilly is more irrelevant, if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else, which is why I voted "don't care".

Firetears

[12]Nov 13, 2008
    Corko21 wrote:
    nknh wrote:

She isn't having any influence on John. Is it just me, or am I the only one who realizes that John acting as a rebellious teenager isn't being done enough. I mean, most kids rebel against their parents, and most kids try to get out of homework/their job (for John this is preparing for the apocolypse). But in John Connor's case, we are talking about a guy who is destined to be the one to rally humankind against a seemingly impossible foe. He teaches them to scale the walls of a deathcamp, and fight back against metal monsters. Rebelling is in his nature, fighting what seems to be fate is what makes John Connor, John Connor. So I think Reilly is more irrelevant, if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else, which is why I voted "don't care".

Thank you! I hate how a lot of people here are all, "He's such a little baby. Boo-hoo! He needs to man up!" At the end of the day, he's still a teen. I mean, it's not like he ever says "No." when he has to get a job done but in the meantime, he just wants to be a normal kid and everything that's happening to him is a constant reminder that he literally has the weight of the world on his very own shoulders. I'm in this show for the drama as much as I am for the action and I like to see a character's emotional journey through the stakes. What fun would it be if John Connor didn't react in a way that I, being a teenage boy myself, can sympathize with? Riley may not be everyone's favorite character but she brings in a lot of the necessary drama that I enjoy watching.

valenerramouspe

[13]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 9
    I really hated her at first, now she's okay. I don't know if I like her particularly, but maybe she's necessary. I mean, John trying to be a normal teenager is also a big part of the plot. Don't get me wrong though, sometimes she does annoy me because of the way she is (as somebody above said, maybe another girl wouldn't so much) but I feel her character is here for a reason

winterbehaviour

[14]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 22
    The problem with Riley is that she has no back story she just appeared unannounced, foisted herself on John and he just seemed to accept it. It would have been more interesting if the girl from last season at Johns highschool that had all the problems had become involved with John as it would have been a much more interesting and more importantly more a plausable story.
    Also although it is effectively implied that she is his girlfriend has anyone else noticed the there has not been much romantic between them? I mean they haven't kissed. I mean, had they kissed it would have been more beliveable. John has never been shown to have any close male friends so to suddenly have this romantic/non-romantic female friend is odd.

DarthFreeza

[15]Nov 15, 2008

I agree with most of the thinks Corko and Fire said. I'm pro-Reilly here. I knew that there were plenty of people who didn't like Reilly but I didn't know it was this many. There's not realy much I can say that hasn't been said already. Some people have said that John Connor is John Connor and has no time for all of this Reilly crap but (as Corko had said) he's only a teenager, Reilly seems to bring out some of the person he would have been had he not haed his destiny spread out for him. I believe that Reilly has served her purpose already, she's provided John with humanity.

pampered-kitten

[16]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 5

Well...........

At first I found her soo anoying. I though he was just using her to make a point or something..

but She is still here and I sorta like her now.

I thought she was going to die on the last episode , but she escaped alive.

She doens't know anything about robots yet so she really can't do anything, but distract John and get in the way from time to time

but like he said .....he's not stupid..... he hasn't forgotten anything that he was taught.

Reily , still isn't his only "problem" though he still is like having identity issues over killing that guy with his bear hands.

He is going through a character change right now, but he'll definitely come out stronger than before.

mackski

[17]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 13
    Not really sure her place in it all other than causing some really unneeded tension between John and his mother.

D-LinkUK

[18]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 24

Funny I thought I was the only one who disliked her, personally for me it's due to having a love interest with John, if she had been brought in to just for one or two episodes as a class mate then killed off it wouldn't have bothered me but as in the previous episode she was the caused for John to take her to Mexico and get into all that trouble.......... Besides I want John and Cameron to get it on.

Killer1One

[19]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    D-LinkUK wrote:

Funny I thought I was the only one who disliked her, personally for me it's due to having a love interest with John, if she had been brought in to just for one or two episodes as a class mate then killed off it wouldn't have bothered me but as in the previous episode she was the caused for John to take her to Mexico and get into all that trouble.......... Besides I want John and Cameron to get it on.

At the beginning i though exactly the same thing and i think we are on the same channel here...

Anyway... What is important is that Riley is doing his job on the show (Create some tension), and if you haven't seen some spoilers i suggest you to look for some pics from future episodes. Anyway as i said before i hate her, maybe i don't want her to get killed but hey... i hate her. I am personally John/Cam fan but i am not going to stop watching the show for any of this.

Edited on 11/16/2008 8:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.

chriseternal

[20]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 32
    Although I wouldn't say I HATE her, I don't think it's in John's best interest to have her around