Season ending..possible scenario....

Sahlinrob

[1]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 3

This scenario is based on something I read on another site that was allegedly based on an interview with Thomas Decker. It stated that at the end of the season John would be totally alone, also that there would be three women in his life. One would die, one would betray him and the other would abandon him. Riley's dead now so that leaves Sarah and Cameron. Sarah could not possibly ever abandon him, over protective Mother that she is. Cameron could never betray him (remember that she could not "Terminate" Riley in the garage as her basic instinct demanded, which would have been a major "betrayal" of John's trust in her, even though she couldn't understand why she was unable to kill her.) So here's a possible scenario.....

Cameron experiences more emotions and human like feelings awakening within her that she can't explain, control or know how to deal with. They start getting in the way of her "better judgement". She can't understand or explain to herself what's happening to her and comes to the conclusion that she's getting ready to go "haywire" and John would be safer without her. Sarah's fear and distrust in Cameron increases and decides (self sacrificing as she is) that she must go, even if John never forgives her. She makes an unsuccessful attempt on Cameron's life (betrayal of John's trust). John, after learning of his Mother's actions, "has it out with her", "cuts the apron strings" and he and Cameron pack and leave together. Shortly thereafter, Cameron has a talk with him and asks him to "push the button". John refuses. Cameron overpowers him (possibly "knocks him cold"), takes the locket and sets out (maby for the second time in the series with tears in her eyes? would be a nice touch) to find someone who will. John "comes to", discovers the locket is gone, realizes what she is going to do and sets out to find her before it's too late. Cameron's in a bar flirting with some guy and says something like "hey..lets play a little game" as she produces the locket. John "tracks her down" but on his arrival at the bar he finds it surrounded by police and EMT's. He asks a bystander as to what's going on who just says maby something like "not sure...but I heard there was some kind of explosion". John is restrained by the police from entering the bar as he realizes he's too late and she's gone. The final scene has John going down some lonely desert road, totally on his own, facing an uncertain future. If this is to be the final season, this scenario would give a sense of "closure" in the 'Terminator movie tradition". If a third season is to be, it would be a great "cliff hanger" as Cameron's fate was never really confirmed. Also, if a third season is to be, his "cutting the apron strings" with his Mother would pave the way for him toward "becomming a man" more fully than in this season.

I'm not a screen writer and I'm sure the final ep. won't be exactly like this, but might be something along these lines.

Edited on 03/16/2009 6:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Falcondude123

[2]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 10
    So Cameron must protect John at all costs, but knocking him out cold is perfectly acceptable? Seems a little too risky.

If they kill off Cameron I will hate the whole Terminator franchise forever and ever and never ever ever like it ever ever again...EVER!!!

BTW, What was the other website with this alleged interview?

heyvid21

[3]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    To be honest that ending sounds like cheesy fan-fiction, and kinda made me want to vomit. And ending like that would ruin the show.

And by the way, Cameron already betrayed him when she went rogue, riley also betrayed him. I cant see Sarah abondoning John, so she might die, or she might betray him by killing cameron.

sNaKeBiTe688

[4]Mar 18, 2009
    Ok, this interview is also known under the name "Dekker Tapes". Here's the link: http://io9.com/5135132/doctor-whos-filming-and-you-are-there-plus-terminator-stars-tell-all

He says that Charlie Dixon will die, John will "take down" Jesse, John will fight resistance fighters from the future and most importantly John will start the last 9 episodes with three women (Cameron, Riley, Sarah) and in the end he won't have any of them. One will betray him, one will die and one will leave him.
    Because he said the names and what it going to happen to these three in this exact same order (Cameron, Riley, Sarah, betray, die, leave) I suspect Cameron will betray him and Sarah is going to leave. I don't have a theory (yet) or anything. I'm just making that assumption because of the way our brain works. It always uses the same sequence when we think about something (I really don't know how to explain this).

I should also mention that some people doubt the credibility of this video...

Sahlinrob

[5]Mar 19, 2009

. Because he said the names and what it going to happen to these three in this exact same order (Cameron, Riley, Sarah, betray, die, leave) I suspect Cameron will betray him and Sarah is going to leave. I don't have a theory (yet) or anything. I'm just making that assumption because of the way our brain works. It always uses the same sequence when we think about something (I really don't know how to explain this). I should also mention that some people doubt the credibility of this video...[/QUOTE]

Thought about this and you might have a good point there.....(Riley did in fact die in that order). The only problem I have on that idea is that I just can't imagine in my wildest dreams Sarah abandoning him, but who knows what the writers may have "up their sleeves". Just have to wait and see.

Falcondude123

[6]Mar 19, 2009
    sNaKeBiTe688 wrote:

Uh, YaaaAAAaaa, you think?? Seriously, if that was Dekker than I'm Queen Latifa. [Hint: I'm Not Queen Latifa. ]

Sahlinrob

[7]Mar 19, 2009
    Falcondude123 wrote:
    sNaKeBiTe688 wrote:
    Uh, YaaaAAAaaa, you think?? Seriously, if that was Dekker than I'm Queen Latifa. [Hint: I'm Not Queen Latifa. ]
    Ya..come to think of it I never did see his face while watching it

sNaKeBiTe688

[8]Mar 20, 2009

well, but it was his voice... AND it was supposedly posted on his blog (dekker_daily or something like that... I don't know)
    Also Josh Friedman said something about the Dekker Tapes in a live chat:

12:21 [Logan] Josh – Can you speak to the "Dekker Tape" spoilers? Betray/Leave/Die. Who will do what?

12:23 Josh Friedman: First, I love the term "Dekker tape". It makes it seem like watergate. Much of what Thomas said was accurate. Some was not. I'll leave it to everyone to parse out through the season which is which.

So even the writer of the show confirmed that it was Thomas Dekker. However he said that some of it is true and some isn't.

You can read the whole transcript here: http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/page/Transcript+of+Live+Chat+with+Thomas+Dekker+&+Josh+Friedman?t=anon

So I guess you are Queen Latifa =)

Falcondude123

[9]Mar 27, 2009

HOLY SH--!!!

AND HE (Alleged Thomas Dekker) SAID CHARLIE WOULD DIE!!!

HOLY SH-- IT WAS FREAKIN DEKKER!!!!!!!

(Btw, does he always talk like a drunk gay off set?)

Stitllams

[10]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 6
    My guess is that Cameron betraying him is false, Riley is already dead and Sarah hasn't abandoned him yet, although they are split up, just not by choice.

macjay33

[11]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 9

The information sounds very credible to me. Riley is dead. Cameron has been glitching during the season. The betrayal wouldn't be personal. She just would need a screw loose or so, so to speak. And as far as Sarah leaving John. Well it was going to happen eventually anyway. I mean the great future leader isn't the Sarah and John duo. It is John Connor. She will either have to get out of the way, because she is like a crutch holding him back. Eventually he does have to stand up and be a man. I mean she isn't going to out live him, I assume. I still think she's dying of cancer no matter what the last episode said.

But more important than all of that is those are reversible scenarios if there were a third season. John might in fact be betrayed by Cameron and another Cameron from the future might get sent back. Sarah may leave John for whatever reason. Maybe someone warned her John would die or fail because of something she was going to do. And come the following (if there is one) season they come up with a reason for them to be together again.

meateater79

[12]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 7

Since they jumped a few years forward, the terminators seemed to be more concerned with keeping Skynet's future viable than hunting John Connor down. My guess is that Sarah with leave John and try to stop the creation of Skynet by herself (or with the help of Derek). John will, of course, try to go after her and will probably succeed with Cameron's help. Except Sarah will convince Cameron that it is in John's best interest (John's safety is Cameron's mission objective, not Skynet's destruction) that he never finds her. So Cameron will refuse to help John located her, and therefore betraying his commands. From here, season 3 (if it comes) will be Sarah doing her thing and John and Cameron surviving on their own.

This split in the plotline seems more possible with the events in "To the Lighthouse". Sarah has now probably realized that her actions make her a threat to John's safety (transmitter in her breast). And we have to remember that whenever the show jumps to scenes of the future, Cameron seems to be closest to John and quite possibly his most trusted confidante. We've already seen that the future John Connor does not hold the same prejudices against machines as those who follow him (asking the T-1001 "Goodnow" for help), so it's not a far stretch to say that John's relationship with Cameron was the result of being together for a very long time.