Summer Glau.

Eglaerinion

[21]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    She looks really nice but she has the ability to look pretty scary, or maybe sinister is the right word, as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bodybender

[22]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 6

Summer Glau is America's answer to Michelle Yeoh, a beautiful dancer turned movie martial artist superstar.

Alas, the director doesn't know how to direct a decent fight scene.

Edited on 01/15/2008 6:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.

fire26bee

[23]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    I'm glad that Summer Glau has a new acting gig now that The 4400 was canceled. I liked her in that one, but I like her much better as the helpful Terminator in this one. So far, so good with this show...I like it. I'm not that upset if it doesn't have the same producers and actors, and even if it's not perfectly following the canon.

maltrain

[24]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    jaffatealc wrote:
    nightwyrm wrote:
    Yeah, Summer is totally hot. Although I have to question the judgement of the people of the future in sending a hot girl robot to a fifteen year old boy. Either someone got a great sense of humour or future John is pissed that he never got any in high school.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

I think she was made as the image of John's wife...

B-MaN003

[25]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 12

jfmet99 wrote:
    Forget Firefly, she was great in 4400, a show that was much better than Heroes is

Forget Firefly??
    Better than Heroes??

I've never seen 4400 so I can't really judge but.......both Firefly and Heroes are top notch showes...so....hmmm...

slim324k

[26]Jan 16, 2008
    She keeps getting in those shows that fall apart, hope she's making the right moves because her talents are just out of this world.

nickel_peid

[27]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    I really enjoyed the premier and according to commercials, so did millions of other people. So hopefully this show has a longer life than Firefly.

Jeric-Ho

[28]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 34
    Yeah she is well fit! and i agree she can look quite sinister at times! specially when she played River in Firefly, sometimes she looked well scary! her face has a strange look about it somehow, but not in a bad way, but she has very unique features! very nice features! and body too!

ChuckFan777

[29]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    i'm so happy she's back on tv. i loved her on firefly. i think she does a really good job of playing a terminator cause she's really good at being awkward

chriseternal

[30]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 32
    Most definitely agree. I first saw her on The Unit and I keep wanting more!

nightwyrm

[31]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 4

There's an interview with Summer at the futon critic.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20080113_scc2

jhewitt3211

[32]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    27?!?! Well, now I don't feel like a dirty old man for checking her out. She looks 17... and I agree. She's adorable with those big, anime eyes and soft features. There's just one issue I have; she's too cute and meek to play a Terminatrix. I have a hard time taking her seriously as a potent war machine because she's so damn good-looking. Hopefully her acting will sway me in the later episodes.

Yeah but I assume that was the main reason why this "cute" Terminator was sent back as John's bodyguard: no one would expect this "cute" and little girl to be a super strong killing machine that is capable of executing anyone who is considered a threat to John and Sarah.

Also the old cliche is that in most action TV shows it is a guy who protects the "damsel in distress."

In this TV show, it is a girl Terminator and the mother who protect a teenage boy.

B-MaN003

[33]Jan 20, 2008
    jhewitt3211 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    27?!?! Well, now I don't feel like a dirty old man for checking her out. She looks 17... and I agree. She's adorable with those big, anime eyes and soft features. There's just one issue I have; she's too cute and meek to play a Terminatrix. I have a hard time taking her seriously as a potent war machine because she's so damn good-looking. Hopefully her acting will sway me in the later episodes.
    Yeah but I assume that was the main reason why this "cute" Terminator was sent back as John's bodyguard: no one would expect this "cute" and little girl to be a super strong killing machine that is capable of executing anyone who is considered a threat to John and Sarah. Also the old cliche is that in most action TV shows it is a guy who protects the "damsel in distress." In this TV show, it is a girl Terminator and the mother who protect a teenage boy.

that's what makes this show stand out from any other "action" genres

OdumCarlock

[34]Jan 20, 2008
    She's 27?

Oh thank God.....

I was feeling really dirty....

slim324k

[35]Jan 21, 2008
    Kinda hard to believe she's only a year younger than myself!!!

akamikedavid

[36]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    jhewitt3211 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:

Yeah but I assume that was the main reason why this "cute" Terminator was sent back as John's bodyguard: no one would expect this "cute" and little girl to be a super strong killing machine that is capable of executing anyone who is considered a threat to John and Sarah.

Also the old cliche is that in most action TV shows it is a guy who protects the "damsel in distress."

In this TV show, it is a girl Terminator and the mother who protect a teenage boy.

Good call on the "girls protecting the guy" thing but its also possible that future John sent a young attractive terminator back because he knew that she would have to blend in with John at school. Could you imagine how awkward it would be walking through the halls with Arnold tailing you all day?

ChichipioWilson

[37]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 16
    akamikedavid wrote:
    jhewitt3211 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:

Good call on the "girls protecting the guy" thing but its also possible that future John sent a young attractive terminator back because he knew that she would have to blend in with John at school. Could you imagine how awkward it would be walking through the halls with Arnold tailing you all day?

hahaha... students would think twice before cheating!

But I'm not sure future John were thinking about school when he sent her .
    Really... if I could send anything back to 95 as a present to myself, she would be it. But right now, I like Lena more.

Todd_Gray

[38]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 5
    Summer's a perfect fit for the role of terminator Cameron IMO.

I was surprised because I didn't even know she was on the show until it the first episode aired. The one scene that stands out to me in all three of the first episodes is when Cameron's head has gone through the windshield of the family's van and they're all sitting there freaking out thinking they've killed a girl.

Then she looks at them and says "Please remain calm". LOL! I loved it! Summer really is an impressive actress.

si_j_s

[39]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yup, she's hot, she's 27 and i think the John Connor character likes Cameron and vise versa.

karlandi

[40]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    Though I will admit , I haven't seen her before this show (infact when I watched the preair I knew nothing about the show only the movies, I thought she was a bit part/love interest in her first scene), I feel she is doing an awesome job on the show and has become for me the main reason I look forward to the upcoming episodes.