Terminator moving to Friday's in February 2009

Omali

[21]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    I hope this isn't a prelude to Fox's next comment.

"Fox...Where's our Terminator?"

"Umm....It went to go live on a barn...In the nice green pastures...With all the other good shows. It's not cancelled, NOT CANCELLED".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrShotShot

[22]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 15

This is hardly the kiss of death for the show. Many shows do extremely well on Friday nights - Numbers and BSG for example - and let us not forget that the X-Files ran for several years on Fridays. Personally, my wife and I are usually home on Friday nights and are typically looking for something to watch.

Pairing it with Dollhouse was a good move. I think it will do just fine on Friday night - particularly given the weak competition. Is Crusoe still on by the way?

TesserT

[23]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 76
    MrShotShot wrote:

This is hardly the kiss of death for the show. Many shows do extremely well on Friday nights - Numbers and BSG for example - and let us not forget that the X-Files ran for several years on Fridays. Personally, my wife and I are usually home on Friday nights and are typically looking for something to watch.

Pairing it with Dollhouse was a good move. I think it will do just fine on Friday night - particularly given the weak competition. Is Crusoe still on by the way?

Crusoe's still on Fri's at 8 pm. It's a 13 part mini series - this Friday is Ep #5.

nycborg

[24]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    This is the only show I have to watch live. I time-shift everything else.

ibnuts

[25]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 2
    Ghost Whisperer sucks. It's like Touched by an Angel with ghosts. It's my 54-year-old mother's favorite show, if that tells you anything. It just goes to show that the most popular shows are usually the worst ones (such as Dancing with the Stars and all those crap reality shows).

JohnConnor12191

[26]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think it's a great move because Mondays have alot of shows and I think that is really hurting the show and I think Friday will really help the show. I know people say Friday is the "death slot" but I think that if they were trying to cancel it they wouldn't waste time moving it. And if all these other shows can survive Fridays like X-Files, Ghost Whisperer, Battlestar Galactica, and such and such then I think Terminator can too as good also. I love Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles!!! And I really think it can make it! "No fate then what we make for ourselves," Kyle Reese, 1984.

valenerramouspe

[27]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 9

Not the best timeslot possible, but it will be better off than against heroes, gossip girl and I don't know what else. Monday night's too loaded. If people don't watch on friday nights, then it comes to the same thing, they'll record as they are doing now. I think it can only get better

BAGTbird

[28]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    I'm fine with the move as long as they still get episodes online the next day. I have to work nights and miss every other week, so I've been catching them from the website. This will shorten my TV marathon on the Mondays I'm off, though. I guess 3 hours at a time with this, Heroes, and CSI:Miami was too much couch potatoing anyway.

VixenofVenus

[29]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 6

Stargate SG-1 did fairly well for like 11 years on Friday Nights ...

Stargate: Atlantis is doing farily well, and I assume the new Stargate show will too.

Battlestar Galactica is still a fairly successful show with a die-hard fan base (58 days and counting )

Already, Sanctuary is developing a loyal following and growing in it's first season.

I think moving Terminator to Fridays might be smart of Fox's part since their Friday schedule isn't really competetive with other shows that are on. If FOX intends to compete with Sci-Fi's Sci-Fridays ... they're going to have to put some serious Sci-Fi meat on the schedule. Moving Terminator to friday's may be a very savvy idea. Personally, I'll watch Terminator over even BSG, because BSG goes into infinite reruns anyway, or I can just download the episodes or record them on the DVR.

But watching Terminator on the night it airs or soon after is pretty much the only show I'm following for it's LIVE airing. If they move it to friday's, it just makes my week a bit more easier as far as finding time to watch the other good stuff on Mondays (The Office, Heroes). Whereas Fridays tend to be lite on good TV ...

Actually, Wednesdays & Tuesdays are fairly light on good TV, unless you like reality TV (which should really be named "unreality TV").

naleyluver

[30]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I am so happy. When I heard they were being on the brink of termination, I was so sad. I'm ashamed to say that I am one of those that skipped T:SCC to go and watch the other shows. I'm sorry, but I would always watch it right when it uploaded on hulu. This is much better! I am going to watch this show and be dedicated to it. Fridays are so boring for me on TV, so I am going to be busy and very, very happy on Fridays!

antdude

[31]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 27
    djariya wrote:
    Hey it's better than Monday nights. This show was getting slaughtered week after week.

I know it's slim, but if it somehow manages to get 5-6M viewers on Friday nights, then I think the move will be a success.

Hell, the highest rated show on Friday's is Ghost Whisperer with barely over 9M viewers.
    Lots of nerds and geeks don't go out like me.

DBizTV

[32]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 43

That just Sux. Sure, if Terminator wasn't doing well on Mondays, any move is better than cancellation. But Friday nights puts it up against Sci Fi network's big Sci Fi night. So, unless the suits like VTR's and time-shifting, it's Sci Fi vs. Sci Fi - which hurts both programs.

electricpeppers

[33]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 26
    I really hope T:SCC can survive on fridays, the ratings have been awful enough on mondays. I don't know if this will do more harm than good quite honestly.

ebony_kunoichi

[34]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 13
    I hope the move helps, but seriously Fridays is the kiss of death. Stargate did well because Sci-fi fridays is a staple on the sci-fi channel. Also, sci-fi is not one of the big three. You can get decent ratings and don't have the pressure of being cancelled every month on a cable channel. I really love this show, but more people need to watch if it is gonna survive and I just don't see that happening with or without a move.