Terminator Salvation

azyber1

[1]May 23, 2009
    • level: 10
    What do you guys think of the new movie? I thought it was great!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofSpades209

[2]May 24, 2009
    • level: 11
    I thought it was wonderful. I read some reviews online and most of them didn't like it. Its worth watching in my opinion.

Tindaawg

[3]May 24, 2009
    • level: 2

I figured before i watched it, that most critics (atleast half) would say it was crap...I watched it today, and i thought it was just flat out great..I wont give any plot details for the ones reading who havnt seen it yet. But i thought it was the best one to date so far.. Loaded with almost non stop action, and i thought the writing was halfway decent.. Bale did a great JC in my opinion. I'll wait for a while to post the more descriptive parts of the movie n to see what yall have to say, but i'll wait a couple weeks so most can watch it first..If i was a critic, i'd give the movie a 7.5/10. For the fox execs canning TSCC, bad move, and i seen in no way shape or form how that show was supposed to lead up to the movie...And yes, i personally know that the movie was supposed to follow after T3, im just stating what i read elsewhere about how TSCC wud be canceled because it was only made as a building block for the next trilogy..I saw that no-where and i know if the show kept going, it would still be great..

Cant wait to see what others thought of salvation. Cant wait for the 2nd movie..lol

Moo1337

[4]May 25, 2009

That movie would be a 10/10 if they included/changed a few things:

1 - Cast Dekker as JC.

2 - Put Cameron/Alison into the movie.

3 - Cast Summer Glau as Cameron/Alison.

(I haven't seen the movie yet, it's not released in the UK until June 3rd. I was just pointing out what I think I'll miss the most. =p)

ArithmosPT

[5]May 26, 2009
    • level: 3
    Okay, so..I saw the movie, and it was ok, better than T3, a lot worse than T1 and T2. TSCC has nothing to do with t4 in terms of storyline, those who say it has... are wrong! Even though I'm a big Thomas dekker as John Connor fan, I don't think he was suitable for T4. But some of the TSCC cast could have been in the movie. BAG, gives an excelent Derek Reese! really good resistance fighter. And Summer Glau of course... she's the best terminator I've seen, and I would loved to see her in movie. Main point here is.. and like I asked Josh Friedman... How can T4 be the summer blockbuster movie, if there's no Summer in it? and his answer was "There's not enough Summer in anything or anyone"

taper6

[6]May 29, 2009
    • level: 7
    I'm a BIG Sarah Connor fan so I'd planned on seeing the movie. However when I read Ebert's review I could see it was everything I hate about modern movies: 90 minutes of non-stop action scene. It only played in my movie theater for about a week. If it comes out on DVD I might rent it. This stuff is much more bearable with captions.

azyber1

[7]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 10
    i seen it twice and i have to admit, i missed somethings the first time, minor things that relate to the first movies that they don't want to make a big deal about. Anyways ill jump this movie up to a 8.5/9. Still not better than T2 but the second best terminator in my opinion. The casting was great, the special effects were great as well as the action. Dialogue could have been better like T2 but that was the only thing that was not so great and made it less appealing then T2 but overall I think everyone needs to go out and see it and if you got the money, check it out again, it is worth it.

DarthFreeza

[8]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 23

I'd give it a solid 6/10.

I've seen it twice and thought it was pretty decent. Too many action scenes, not enough plot.

* Spoliers Below *

I thought Marcus was a very engaging character and that he was at his best when he was with Blair. Blair and Marcus were the best part of the movie for me. The rest of the movie was just OK. I was disappointed by the lack of Kate Connor. And that little girl who hung out with Kyle was adorable! I don't think Kyle was portrayed in a proper way... I can't really explain, I just didn't like his character. The CGI T-100 Arnold had me jumping in my seat (excellent ). Other than all that the movie was pretty much explosions O.o I wish they had played a bit more with the humanity of Marcus. They could have brought in the philisophical issues of whether or not he is "human" in better ways. Also, MORE BLAIR!!

But the bottom line is it's decent. Kinda better than T3 but no where near T1 & T2.

TreeHill_89

[9]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 32
    DarthFreeza wrote:

I'd give it a solid 6/10.

I've seen it twice and thought it was pretty decent. Too many action scenes, not enough plot.

* Spoliers Below *

I thought Marcus was a very engaging character and that he was at his best when he was with Blair. Blair and Marcus were the best part of the movie for me. The rest of the movie was just OK. I was disappointed by the lack of Kate Connor. And that little girl who hung out with Kyle was adorable! I don't think Kyle was portrayed in a proper way... I can't really explain, I just didn't like his character. The CGI T-100 Arnold had me jumping in my seat (excellent ). Other than all that the movie was pretty much explosions O.o I wish they had played a bit more with the humanity of Marcus. They could have brought in the philisophical issues of whether or not he is "human" in better ways. Also, MORE BLAIR!!

But the bottom line is it's decent. Kinda better than T3 but no where near T1 & T2.

It was better than T3 for sure!!! I agree i loved Blair and Marcus and Star is sooo cute! Kate wasn't in it as much i prefered the actress to Clare Danes though, even though i think Clare did a good job in T3. Just one thing i don't get. How come Kyle Reese is younger than his son John Connor. I've seen T2,T3 but haven't seen T1 but i know that in T1 Kyle is sent to warm Sarah and to project her and John.
    Edited on 06/12/2009 1:43pm

motleylil

[10]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 19

It's simple. Sarah Connor gets pregnant when Kyle goes back in time. That's how he's able to have a son 15 years older than he is.

I've just seen T4. Great movie. It lacked direction from time to time, but on a general basis, I think it's really well done. Lucky us, it's a trilogy. I'll be waiting to see T5. I think it's going to kick some butts.

TreeHill_89

[11]Jun 15, 2009
    motleylil wrote:

It's simple. Sarah Connor gets pregnant when Kyle goes back in time. That's how he's able to have a son 15 years older than he is.

I've just seen T4. Great movie. It lacked direction from time to time, but on a general basis, I think it's really well done. Lucky us, it's a trilogy. I'll be waiting to see T5. I think it's going to kick some butts.

Thanks i kinda get this time travel is confusing lol

DanFixx

[12]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 14

What a disappointment!

This terminator movie has it all, but so much more was missing. Some humanity for instance!? As a spectator you never feel involved except for the last 3 minutes, but even that turns fast in to sticky tackiness...

So, what went wrong? Here are some clues : Wrong director. McG killed the Charlie's Angels franchise. There are to much close-ups and no interaction between the characters. Who let him lose on Terminator? Wrong cast!!! John Connor (Bale : 4th actor, wrong choice) becomes a cold fighting machine and Kyle Reece (Yeltchin : Perfect in Star Trek, feeble here) disappeared under a layer of dust and sweaty grime. The same goes for Bryce Dallas Howard. Helena Bonham-Carter certainly has her merits, but as the 'face' of Skynet, she's extremely annoying.

If they want to make a T5, they should have let John Connor die, and go on with Marcus and Blair, the only interesting and captivating characters who deserve to'be back'. Oh, and virtual Arnie too!

ArithmosPT

[13]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 3
    John Connor can't die, he has to live until the end of the trilogy, and then he can die, the 6th episode has to end with john sending the t-800 to the past to protect him from the t-1000, so that we know this is all a circle of time. But until then... I hope I watch season 3 of TSCC...

TreeHill_89

[14]Jun 16, 2009
    DanFixx wrote:

What a disappointment!

This terminator movie has it all, but so much more was missing. Some humanity for instance!? As a spectator you never feel involved except for the last 3 minutes, but even that turns fast in to sticky tackiness...

So, what went wrong? Here are some clues : Wrong director. McG killed the Charlie's Angels franchise. There are to much close-ups and no interaction between the characters. Who let him lose on Terminator? Wrong cast!!! John Connor (Bale : 4th actor, wrong choice) becomes a cold fighting machine and Kyle Reece (Yeltchin : Perfect in Star Trek, feeble here) disappeared under a layer of dust and sweaty grime. The same goes for Bryce Dallas Howard. Helena Bonham-Carter certainly has her merits, but as the 'face' of Skynet, she's extremely annoying.

If they want to make a T5, they should have let John Connor die, and go on with Marcus and Blair, the only interesting and captivating characters who deserve to'be back'. Oh, and virtual Arnie too!

I hope Marcus and Blair come back for T5 two very interesting characters in the movie
    Edited on 06/16/2009 9:58am

BlackHorse09

[15]Jun 17, 2009

Although not in the same league as T1 and T2, Ithoroughly enjoyed Salvation- particularly the development of Marcus Wright as a character. In fact, Marcus made the movie; it was his movie and if not for Christian's Bale's influence John Connor would have barely featured. After seeing TS I have to say that seeing less of JC would be a good thing.

Anton Yelchin is good but underused as Kyle Reese, and IMO having Derek Reese feature in the films [played by Brian AG, obviously] would be a huge bonus. Overall the atmosphere in TS was spot on, the effects were good but the writing didn't do justice to the characters, the TSCC writers did a much better job on the TV show and if T5 is made some serious changes will be needed. It would also benefit from moreof Blair, Marcus and Kyle who were the most compelling characters in the film.

DanFixx

[16]Jun 18, 2009
    • level: 14

I'm glad there's some agreement about Marcus and Blair.

John Connor here is nothing more than a grumbling and shouting warrior, who has little humanity left inside him. If he's mend to lead mankind into brighter days, it doesn't look good... Even with his pregnant wife there's no relationship to be seen, or a decent conversation about his life, dreams or hope to be heard. As mentioned by others, Marcus and Blair are better in the 'human' department.

John should have died. No one cares what happens to him because we already know. He'll send Kyle back in time to warn Sarah and father... John. But time lines are no fixed circles. They are like branches of a tree with infinite possibilities. It certainly would break open the future of this franchise.

The story is good, but the writing is awful. While looking at this movie, it is hard to work out what really happened to Marcus between the opening scene and his reawakening.

Another sign indicating unthoughtful writing are the atomic attacks. When I first saw T2, I was shocked and shivered to the bones when shown a preview of the atomic explosions. (I still am when I see that scene) Here in T4, an atomic bomb goes off like it's an every day event. Nothing big happened, let's move on. It's just a cloud of dust... And what about the fall out, the burns, the radiation deceases. Forgotten??? It would have been a good sub layer in this story about (weak) flesh against metal. And it would have given Claire (vet turned doctor) Connor something more to do, add some dept to her character...

Let's mention the submarine... Is this mend to be a nostalgic ode to Seaquest DSV??? Hahaha! Overall the 'machines' and FX's are excellent and a joy to watch. Even the big pursuit scene is quite good.

What I don't understand is why computer super-mind Skynet keeps hooked on human appearances. Why is its HQ set up like an old factory (remember T2?) Certainly a non human intelligence must have extremely other views on organisation and design than us. Why would it bother with a human faced interface to communicate? It reminded me all of (sigh) The Lawnmower Man...!!!???

Do the makers of this movie think their public would give money to see this amalgam of cliches and deja-vus? Yes they do. Did they think about the good for the longer life of the Terminator Franchise? No, they did not.

I want to see more of the Terminator universe... But in a better and more innovative way. I'm still a fan.

Todd_Gray

[17]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 5
    azyber1 wrote:
    i seen it twice and i have to admit, i missed somethings the first time, minor things that relate to the first movies that they don't want to make a big deal about. Anyways ill jump this movie up to a 8.5/9. Still not better than T2 but the second best terminator in my opinion. The casting was great, the special effects were great as well as the action. Dialogue could have been better like T2 but that was the only thing that was not so great and made it less appealing then T2 but overall I think everyone needs to go out and see it and if you got the money, check it out again, it is worth it.

The first Terminator was the best IMO. Yes, T-2 had more advanced F/X and tens of millions more for the budget, but script/story-wise and acting-wise, T-1 was the best.

T-3 should have never been made. It was nothing more than an attempt to cash in on the franchise and offered nothing of quality IMO.

The only thing I've heard about T-Sal is that there never seemed to be any single, definitive antagonist. Great action is one thing, but it is not the prerequisite of a great movie. Give me great actors who can carry the film over great action or effects any time.

cinaos

[18]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 6

I agree that Thomas Dekker should be a much better role instead of Christian Bale. Summer Glau should take Moon Bloodgood's role.

Overall, I like Sam Worthington's role, but I really didn't like so much the rest of it.

This movie made me appreciated Terminator 3 much more.

Last of all, Arnold needs to come back if there is going to be Terminator 5, otherwise they should seriously think it's the end of the Terminator movies. The TV show was much better than T4. Too bad the TV show had ended, but the finale was perfect.

ftjjtfthtth

[19]Jul 12, 2009

good

Igarka

[20]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 12
    Disapointed.