Terminator Salvation & TV series

Kai-X

[1]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 3

A though just came to me, do you think if Terminator Salvation is a Huge hit, it could possibly lead to a 3rd season for the show? I know at the moment it doesn't seem very likely due to the ratings, but maybe that could change? I say this because maybe this new Movie combined with the fact that it breaks away from the old forumla of the previous 3, could maybe spawn a new generation of fans for the Franchise, who in turn would probably watch the TV series

What you all think, plausible scenario or highly unlikely?

Edited on 02/12/2009 8:30am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[2]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 16
    i totally agree

Corko21

[3]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 11
    They moved it to Friday with Whedon's new show...so unless they are determined to have that not succeed (crossing my fingers, given previous Whedon luck with Fox), I would say it's likely the show keeps going, as long as it keeps near the same audience. Besides, having American Idol on one more night would essentially be the death of TV, and America as far as I'm concerned. I would just start dressing like it was a Mad Max movie, and stealing people's gasoline.

BAGTbird

[4]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 10

Corko21 wrote:
    They moved it to Friday with Whedon's new show...so unless they are determined to have that not succeed (crossing my fingers, given previous Whedon luck with Fox), I would say it's likely the show keeps going, as long as it keeps near the same audience. Besides, having American Idol on one more night would essentially be the death of TV, and America as far as I'm concerned. I would just start dressing like it was a Mad Max movie, and stealing people's gasoline.

If Idol gets another night, I hope Skynet hurries up and starts killing people. Anything would be better than more reality TV or "talent" shows.

aolhater

[5]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 5

I think the movie might give it a boost in ratings.

xanderfi

[6]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 5
    My personal oppinion is the studio wants the show to suceed, but it's not right now for whatever reason. I think TSCC's success largely depends on the success of Dollhouse and Terminator Salvation. I hope those 2 things give it a boost because its one of the few shows I look forward to every week.

GotalSaiyajin

[7]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 34
    They need to boost the ratings so the film will probably do that but let's hope it's not to late.