TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles cancelled :(

ArithmosPT

[1]May 18, 2009
    • level: 3

Now it's official, TSCC is cancelled, Fox announced the schedule in Variety and no TSCC for us, Ashley Miller one of the writers from the show confirmed and I quote "Everyone fought a good fight, but the fight appears to be over, I'll leave any proclamations to Josh Friedman" It's a sad day to all of us, our show is gone for good. Josh Friedman said that, if the show doesn't return on Fox it will not return anywhere else.

Thanks everyone for all the effort, I guess there was no way to avoid the Judgement Day.

Until someday, I bid you farewell.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Falcondude123

[2]May 18, 2009
    • level: 10
    ArithmosPT wrote:

Now it's official, TSCC is cancelled, Fox announced the schedule in Variety and no TSCC for us, Ashley Miller one of the writers from the show confirmed and I quote "Everyone fought a good fight, but the fight appears to be over, I'll leave any proclamations to Josh Friedman" It's a sad day to all of us, our show is gone for good. Josh Friedman said that, if the show doesn't return on Fox it will not return anywhere else.

Thanks everyone for all the effort, I guess there was no way to avoid the Judgement Day.

Until someday, I bid you farewell.

*shrugs*
    All good things must come to an end. That's just how it is. . .
    I'm not gonna cry. . . I'm not gonna cry. . .
    I'm not gonna. . . cry. . .
    *cries*

X_X

SCREW FOX!!

CylonAgent12

[3]May 18, 2009
    • level: 5

Yeah, it's done.
    Shame on FOX.

The fans did everything they could to save the show. Too bad they didn't listed us.
    What bugs me is the renewal of Dollhouse. Ok, it's a nice show, but why on earth did they picked it before SCC at all?

Anyway, it's a sad, sad day.

Kai-X

[4]May 18, 2009
    If it doesn'#t return on Fox, it won't return anywhere else? Why?
    God this sucks so much. So many un-answered questions. This is unfair....I hate Fox.

ArithmosPT

[5]May 18, 2009
    Kai-X, Josh Friedman said that on a late night chat, there will be no series movie, no sci-fi channel pick up, there could only be a 3rd season on fox. Now, like he said... we can all watch TSCC on dvd.

It's really sad, I'll never know what happens with John Connor and Cameron, couldn't care less about Sarah Connor, eventually she'll die with cancer. But that John and Cameron thing, that is priceless! I'd give one of my kidneys just to know how it ends lol Jokes apart.. it's the first time I'm really missing a tv show, TSCC was more than a show... it was already a part of my life, got to move on, and wish that someday.. some HK, or T-888 enter the front door of Fox headquarters and burn that place to ashes. I watch House, Smallville and Heroes, but I'd trade them all for Terminator.

Thank you all TSCC forum members for sharing your opinions, your thoughts, and love for the show. You're the greatest!

babes412

[6]May 18, 2009
    • level: 4
    Well this just proves that Fox are just retards. TSCC was actually well written compared to other American shows, why did they cancel it? Why did they keep Dollhouse? I think another Network should pick it up! COME ON!!! SAVE TSCC!! We have to send a petition to all the networks, especially WB and SCI-FI A show like TSCC would really boost their crap networks. Does anyone know how to contact them? SOMETHING MUST BE DONE. Fox are retards!!!!!!

babes412

[7]May 18, 2009
    • level: 4
    Why would Josh say that? TSCC would be a perfect show for SCI-FI (obviously). Why wouldn't sci-fi want it? please answer

TheDarkProphet

[8]May 18, 2009
    • level: 1

Anyone considered:

The John Connor Chronicals

Fox, et al could rightly state that SCC is cancelled and no series 3.

But with Sarah dead and the stage set for John in the post apoclyptic world, the only title would be JCC.

Just a thought.

BoogerHeadRat

[9]May 18, 2009
    • level: 11

I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN. I'M SORRY, JOHN...

FRACK FOX!!!

Edited on 05/18/2009 12:45pm

antdude

[10]May 18, 2009
    • level: 28

Kai-X

[11]May 18, 2009
    God. I'm so depressed. Knowing that there will be no more new episodes....This is a sad sad day for me. The 1st time i saw Cameron, it was love at first sight. I'm really sad I won't be seein her anymore, along with the show. So many unanswered questions...never will we know what season 3 had in store for us.

I do hope & pray and maintain a little hope, despite all the odds, someone might have brains to pick it up.

SimmonsTV001

[12]May 18, 2009
    • level: 7

Ouch!

No more TSCC. Between Dollhouse and TSCC, TSCC was the better show and deserved further episodes and support.

Sigh. Yet another bleh decision from Fox

nellyg619

[13]May 18, 2009
    • level: 17
    I reli dunno wht i'm gonna do anymore....wht wud i do without the weekly dose of camron????? argh!!!

sin2ast

[14]May 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    It's just unfair.... I loved that show, I still do.... It's way better than dollhouse. I agree with people above that it's really weird that dollhouse got picked up and T:SCC didn't and it had so much more potential. And just to say it - I don't think dollhouse will survive another season on Friday's time-slot - it will be cancelled next season anyway. They left so many questions unanswered that it's just so unfair.....that's all I can say right now......nothing intelligent can come out of my brain now, it's been short-circuited by this news....

ArithmosPT

[15]May 18, 2009
    babe412: I guess Josh Friedman knows how good TSCC is, and he wants it only in a major network, a show like this does not deserve a small cable channel, it needs the big stage, not the small one. I'm surprise how a show affected so many people, looks like we lost someone we love, and we're in a mourning period. This is really sad!

In my mind, if this is really the end (I know it is but I just don't want it), I'll build the rest of the story... a story where John and Cameron end up together, and how dysfunctional would that be. Oh well... I miss this show already.

For those who join us in the Resistance, I guess there was a John Connor in all of us!

Todd_Gray

[16]May 18, 2009
    • level: 5
    CylonAgent12 wrote:

Yeah, it's done.
    Shame on FOX.

The fans did everything they could to save the show. Too bad they didn't listed us.
    What bugs me is the renewal of Dollhouse. Ok, it's a nice show, but why on earth did they picked it before SCC at all?

Anyway, it's a sad, sad day.

The renewal of Dollhouse is surprising? Honestly, is it any surprise that the American t.v. watching public wants a show with hot, scantily-clad women that can be programmed to be any sort of sex-toy play-bunny they want?

I mean, Dollhouse isn't "bad" so-to-speak, but's the perfect example of the typical dumbing down of the American television viewer IMO.

As for TSCC's, I was holding out hope until the last second, but I'm not surprised to see it cancelled. The writers did what I consider a horrific job in the second season of this show as compared to it's first season, which was exciting and intriguing.

If anything, blame the writer's strike because I think that's what did it in.

Moo1337

[17]May 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    I posted a long reply and speculated that the only reason Dollhouse got renewed is because Eliza Dushku is sleeping with someone at Fox, so I'm guessing these forums are moderated by Fox execs.?

cinaos

[18]May 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    2 seasons of TSCC is really cancelled. They better come up with TJ(John)CC. After all, the chronicle should go on. Maybe Sarah's part is almost finished, but for John's is just the beginning.

BoogerHeadRat

[19]May 18, 2009
    • level: 11

Hey, why don't you guys stop knocking Dollhouse. It's not half the show TSCC was but Joss Whedon deserves to see it through 2 seasons. Why don't I hear anybody b*tching about shows like So You Think You Can Dance or American Idol- at least Dollhouse is half way decent science fiction! But as you can see the same hapless idiots left it in a Friday night time slot so I doubt it will last any longer than Terminator did. I do wish it luck though.

Hey, we're all in shock right now not only from the fact that FOX canceled it but that Warner Brothers is not even bothering to shop it to other networks- seemingly at Josh Friedman's request.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and maybe rent a copy of "Done the Impossible" and see what options, if any, are available to the TSCC fandom.

I bet Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly tortures kittens in his spare time, though.

ArithmosPT

[20]May 18, 2009

I don't know if there's anything else we could do, we can't have the show on Fox, we can't have it in sci fi because it's very expensive.

Not to be optimist but maybe, just maybe Josh Friedman has something up his sleeve, a last minute cart or whatever. He wrote something for the fans asking not to fight anymore, because whats done is done. When thing is certain, Josh has a bad temper he doesn't take crap from nobody not even Fox executives, maybe that was the cause of all this cancellation.

I think in my heart that TSCC will be back, if it's next year I don't know, but I bet this will mean at least 1 year break. We had 2 seasons and it was great, and Fox knows that, If Dollhouse fails expectations who knows if TSCC can be picked again. Fox knows what to expect from TSCC because what was there is still there.. and will always be there.

Please don't stop the fight we are the Resistance! Go to www.savethescc.com and find out what to do. We must help John to find Cameron's chip! Will you join us?