Things That Will or May Never Be Explained In This Series

  • Avatar of ARC999

    ARC999

    [1]Apr 10, 2009
    • member since: 04/03/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9

    Who gave Dereck the order to kill Andy, Derek's friend in the future who told Derek that he created Skynet? Did they make a pact that if either of them got the chance to go back in time they would try to stop Judgement Day by killing Andy?

    How did Jesse get to travel back in time? Who were her co-conspiritors and did anyone other than Riley come back with her?

    Why didn't Sarah tell Derek that John Killed the Mercenary leader who captured her and John and blew up Cameron in the first episode of this season. Why did she want Derek to think that John was tramatised because he saw her kill this guy? When, in fact, John was traumatised because he killed the guy himself with his bare hands.

    Why did Vick (the terminator that killed Derek's other resistance members) classify Cameron (on his internal analysis screen) as an unknown terminator model.

    What happened to Derek when he was taken to the basement to be interrogated by the terminators in the future scene where he met Andy? Piano music was playing as Derek walked in. The scene ended with a shot of Cameron at a piano.

    Why did Cromati think agent Ellison would lead him to the Connors?

    As the story has moved on from these characters, Derek, Jesse, Cromati, Andy, we probably will never find out the answers to these questions. I think some of them would have made far more interesting scenes or sub-plots than the main stories told in episodes like 'The Good Wound', ' Some Must Watch..' and 'Desert Cantos'. Those episodes were 'series killers'.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [2]Apr 10, 2009
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312

    Sure, for some they could fleshout to involve conspiracies and such but the show needs to move forward (especially if it's getting cancelled). I'm sure they could dedicate an entire season to the backstory they've partially introduced so far but that's not moving their adventure forward.

    Personally, I'm enjoying the John Henry story arch.

    ARC999 wrote:
    Why did Vick (the terminator that killed Derek's other resistance members) classify Cameron (on his internal analysis screen) as an unknown terminator model.

    Unknown, and possibly the least important. My guess is she was designed some time after Vick went into the past and thus his database didn't have information on her endo. I believe we did learn that Cameron was made by the Metal (and not by the resistance) to kill John in the future by pretending to be the human Cameron. This only really comes into play if there are multiple Metal factions, and if a non-SkyNet faction built her.

    In my opinion, the bigger question is what happened to the potato chip and pancake she ate? Can she digest (even partially) or are they just sitting in there.

    ARC999 wrote:
    Who gave Dereck the order to kill Andy, Derek's friend in the future who told Derek that he created Skynet? Did they make a pact that if either of them got the chance to go back in time they would try to stop Judgement Day by killing Andy?

    I'd imagine it was his own mission to try to stop Skynet. He probably didn't tell people in the future about Andy before he left because they would torture the living hell out of him. It appeared that he had standing orders to stop or prevent Judgement Day however he could, and he figured this was the best way.

    ARC999 wrote:
    How did Jesse get to travel back in time? Who were her co-conspiritors and did anyone other than Riley come back with her?

    Good question, though perhaps not that important unless she had co-conspirators. Maybe she snuck through, maybe she volunteered for a different past-mission, or maybe co-conspirators are trying to make John anti-Metal. The first 2 options are the most benign to the back-stories.

    ARC999 wrote:
    Why didn't Sarah tell Derek that John Killed the Mercenary leader who captured her and John and blew up Cameron in the first episode of this season. Why did she want Derek to think that John was tramatised because he saw her kill this guy? When, in fact, John was traumatised because he killed the guy himself with his bare hands.

    Good question, I never really understood that as at that point Derek was saying that John was soft and hasn't killed yet. However maybe Sarah was protecting John by not forcing him to retell and relive the experience. Or maybe she thought that his depressed behaviour afterwards would seem better to Derek if it was because he saw her "attacked" instead of killing.

    ARC999 wrote:
    What happened to Derek when he was taken to the basement to be interrogated by the terminators in the future scene where he met Andy? Piano music was playing as Derek walked in. The scene ended with a shot of Cameron at a piano.

    Unknown, though conversations with Cameron lead me to believe she was somehow involved. Perhaps she tortured him, seduced him, or tricked him into thinking she was human.

    ARC999 wrote:
    Why did Cromati think agent Ellison would lead him to the Connors

    Simple, he was connected to them. He probably deduced it was only a matter of time before Ellison tried making contact with Sarah or Sarah tried making contact with Ellison. And in a way he was right -- Ellison went to Mexico.

    Edited on 04/10/2009 6:21am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kai-X

    Kai-X

    [3]Apr 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 264
    I've always assumed that Andy Good told Derek to kill him
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Don_Moltisanti

    Don_Moltisanti

    [4]Apr 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/12/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 319
    In answer to your first question, Andy gave the order to kill Andy. There is a scence from the future with Derek and Andy in a skynet work camp, Andy Good tells Derek that he was the one who created Skynet and he should kill him if he can.

    I take it Jesse traveled back the same way everyone did, there must be some kind of machine that she used to transport herself.

    I dont know why Sarah lied about that, maybe to protect him or something, seemed pretty stupid to me to.

    Maybe Vick classed her as that becasue he does not know what she is. Perhaps she was made in the future completly by john or by John Hendry, not Skynet which would be why a skynet machine would not recognize her.

    He thought he would lead them to the connors becasue he knew that Ellison knew the connors and would eventually make a mistake and lead him to them.

    Hope that helped, i am looking forward to the last episdoe but it just seems like there is way to much going on to be answered in 40 mins, it says that one of the woman in Johns life betrays him, is it Cameron? Cause Riley is the dead one, Sarah is the one who is gone, so it leaves the betrayer. I hope its not a real though maybe just something future John told her to do that this John does not like.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Falcondude123

    Falcondude123

    [5]Apr 10, 2009
    • member since: 09/24/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,602
    OTHER UNRESOLVED ISSUES:

    Why exactly did the blondie jump off the building, and what did it have to do with the wierd school counselor and the graffitti?

    What was with the one girl John liked a bit who was soo afraid to go home or whatever?

    What did that poor, High-school boy do with no Cameron for his prom-date?
    Well he ever recover from being dumped?

    And how many terminators does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    [Answer: Five. (One to infiltrate the lightbulb factory and assume a worker's ID, one to rob the gun store for weapons, one to stop by the Connor's house for a side-trip, one to protect the Connor's from the other ones, and one to screw it in.) ]
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oz2391

    oz2391

    [6]Apr 10, 2009
    • member since: 04/04/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    Falcondude123 wrote:
    OTHER UNRESOLVED ISSUES:

    Why exactly did the blondie jump off the building, and what did it have to do with the wierd school counselor and the graffitti?



    She was screwing the counsellor. Hence the bra on the doorknob of the door.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Thee_Dragon

    Thee_Dragon

    [7]Apr 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/04/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 11
    My big question is where the alternate faction of machines came from? I mean, if originally all the Terminators were made from Skynet how did enough of them join together break away. Actually, come to think of it, how could any of them break away. It isn't as if they should be capable of overriding their programming. Maybe that will explained in the movie?

    Oh I guess my other unresolved question would be why the whole messages in blood scenario. I don't remember that storyline actually resolving, just Sarah going on some wild tangent about three dots and aliens and whatever else happened (coincidentally, it lead to the lamest mystery resolution ever. It was the Turk all along, ah ha ha ha). Come to think about it I might have just forgotten the resolution, although on that topic it would be interesting to discover why it seemed like Weaver had thwarted the Connors at every turn.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jiggah

    Jiggah

    [8]Apr 13, 2009
    • member since: 10/22/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 20
    Thee_Dragon wrote:
    My big question is where the alternate faction of machines came from? I mean, if originally all the Terminators were made from Skynet how did enough of them join together break away. Actually, come to think of it, how could any of them break away. It isn't as if they should be capable of overriding their programming. Maybe that will explained in the movie?

    Oh I guess my other unresolved question would be why the whole messages in blood scenario. I don't remember that storyline actually resolving, just Sarah going on some wild tangent about three dots and aliens and whatever else happened (coincidentally, it lead to the lamest mystery resolution ever. It was the Turk all along, ah ha ha ha). Come to think about it I might have just forgotten the resolution, although on that topic it would be interesting to discover why it seemed like Weaver had thwarted the Connors at every turn.


    There are scenes in T2, especially one scene that was deleted, that showed that the terminators could in fact learn and become self-aware. The chips inside the heads of the terminators are set to read-only when they are put out into the field to keep them inline.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BiitchYouCookin

    BiitchYouCookin

    [9]Apr 13, 2009
    • member since: 04/01/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 5
    There never was a scene where Cameron was playing the Piano, checked back and I couldn't find one, post some screenshots if you can.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ARC999

    ARC999

    [10]Apr 14, 2009
    • member since: 04/03/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9

    Thee_Dragon wrote:
    My big question is where the alternate faction of machines came from? I mean, if originally all the Terminators were made from Skynet how did enough of them join together break away. Actually, come to think of it, how could any of them break away. It isn't as if they should be capable of overriding their programming. Maybe that will explained in the movie?

    Oh I guess my other unresolved question would be why the whole messages in blood scenario. I don't remember that storyline actually resolving, just Sarah going on some wild tangent about three dots and aliens and whatever else happened (coincidentally, it lead to the lamest mystery resolution ever. It was the Turk all along, ah ha ha ha). Come to think about it I might have just forgotten the resolution, although on that topic it would be interesting to discover why it seemed like Weaver had thwarted the Connors at every turn.

    Its likely that if the first Turk (Turk1) hadn't been destroyed in a fire started by Sarah Connor, Andy Goode would have entered it in that chess competion to get the government contract. The Russian guy would have sabotaged and stolen Turk1 just like he did with Turk2. It would have been sold to the highest bidder, probably Zeira Corp under the control of Lochlan Weaver and developed into a rival AI system. Then, in the future Turk1 starts to take over Skynet cyborgs and reprogram them. And sends a liquid terminator-android back in time to protect itself and ensure its own survival.

    The 'three dots' story arc was incredibly borig and covoluted. 80% of the Sarah Connor scenes were actionless. Its not surprising that the viewing figures fell week after week as this story was hashed-out.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rslade70

    rslade70

    [11]Apr 23, 2009
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 188
    My biggest question is what or who is Cameron?

    Way back, there was a episode where it flashed back on her life. At the end, we see that there was a human Cameron and the machine Cameron. BUT BUT BUT........During this episode, you see machine Cameron recalling her past (mother, family...etc)...Was she just remembering what human Cameron had told her?

    Maybe yes, maybe no...

    But the biggest HUH? in that episode was when human Cameron escaped within the facility that she was being held and ran thru the room with caged animals. This was a FIRST PERSON VIEW. So....How could machine Cameron be recalling this event in first person if it happened to human Cameron?

    Anyone? Please ?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dragon22a

    dragon22a

    [12]Apr 24, 2009
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 2,044
    My guess is it is part of her programming as an infiltration unit. her CPU filled in the gaps as if it were her memories as she was not aware of her machine nature at the time. She thought she was human and filled in things with the only memories that would fit that belief. Another possible theory is that the allison we saw in that episode was not really the real person but a terminator that was placed as a sleeper agent and made to believe she was human and was being chased because she was malfunctioning. that would lead to the question Which one is Cameron, the one who was being interogated (which would include the first person memories) or the one who was interogating her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.