What ever happened to Cheri Weston?

DarthFreeza

[1]Dec 27, 2008
    • level: 23
    Upon re-watching the first season of this show, there was a bit of a sub-plot going on around the character Cheri Weston from John and Cameron's high school in the first season. It seems that this whole sub-plot was dropped through the shows run. Was this topic picked up again in seqason two and I'm just not remembering it or did they just completely forget about it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

m00nshadow

[2]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    That was the girl John was flirting with? If so, no, you didn't miss it, they just dropped all of the characters and plots connected with the school, including the suicide and the guy who asked Cameron to the prom. (He was so funny!) But I gather there were supposed to be 4 more episodes that didn't happen because of the writers' strike, so perhaps those stories fell victim to that....

Falcondude123

[3]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 10
    I hate the writer's strike!!!! They so screwed us!!

DarthFreeza

[4]Dec 30, 2008
    m00nshadow wrote:
    That was the girl John was flirting with? If so, no, you didn't miss it, they just dropped all of the characters and plots connected with the school, including the suicide and the guy who asked Cameron to the prom. (He was so funny!) But I gather there were supposed to be 4 more episodes that didn't happen because of the writers' strike, so perhaps those stories fell victim to that....
    Oh that sucks... I liked the kid who asked Cameron to the prom . The suicide story didn't really interest me that much but Cheri had me curious.... Stupid writer's strike
    Edited on 12/30/2008 5:52am

mrswinchester24

[5]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    i liked Cheri alot better than Reily, that writer's strike messed up all of my shows!

winterbehaviour

[6]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 22
    mrswinchester24 wrote:
    i liked Cheri alot better than Reily, that writer's strike messed up all of my shows!

God, me too!

Firetears

[7]Jan 18, 2009
    If you watch the deleted scenes from season 1 then you can see that Cheri had a bit of a connection with John. There was one deleted scene where she opened her locker and rushed off in a hurry. John took a peek inside and saw writing that said, "Is he worth it?" or something to that sort.

Anyway, I have a theory that Cheri is pretty much the same character as Riley but the actress wasn't available for the show anymore after landing a role in The CW's Privileged. So, they just dropped Cheri's character all together and wrote her in a new flesh and personality.

winterbehaviour

[8]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 22
    Thanks for the info. I think Cheri makes Riley look like a rough old dog...

BRAH

[9]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 4
    They abandoned those subplots because they were freakin' BORING.

Just my two cents.

dragon22a

[10]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 32
    I have a feeling that Cheri was going to eventually be revealed as being someone who will work with the resistance in the future. Basically she would survive judgment day and go on to become one of johns generals. She would have been the shows version of Katherine Brewster from T3. But the writers strike and possibly a lack of faith in the show caused the storyline to be dropped and the actress to move on to othe roles.