What i Don't get?...?

Falcondude123

[1]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 10

So Cromartie's head goes through time just fine. the exposed metal flies through, no problem.

Cameron's body, coated in synthetic flesh, goes through just fine, up until the end when it is beaten up and missing the chip and it doesn't go.

...huh?

Then there's the T-1000 thing: they are liquid metal, but as long as they "look" naked, they can go through?

I mean, Weaver had to morph clothesless and form new clothes in the future in order to get through? Isn't she made of the same stuff one way or another? Naked or clothed?

I keep hearing Christian Bale in the back of my head yelling, "What the ---- don't you understand!?!" I just cannot come up with an answer here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BoogerHeadRat

[2]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 11

I stared at your post a while and couldn't really come up with anything to say other than, "Yeh, right on, Man. How'd that go?"

Perhaps they will come up with a better explanation as to why Cameron didn't go through- which begs the question where is she? Did she stay behind, have her atoms spread across the years they traveled forward or is she parked next to some old DeSoto on a used car lot in Skinecktity. She couldn't be left behind purposely as anything inside the locus would necessarily be sent to the same place and time, which really wouldn't be the 'same' place as our galaxy is moving away from the center of the universe at around 1500 miles a second- not to mention the radial movement of the Sagittarian arm where our solar system resides and the orbital change of the Earth's position. Hmm. Let's face it. It's not real hard science here. But they should come up with something that at least works to our satisfaction.

"Eddies in the space-time continuum?"

"Who's Eddy?"

Falcondude123

[3]Apr 22, 2009
    E=mc^2
    Pi=3.14
    Hubble's Constant=~50

Things that just "are". They have no explanation, I guess, atleast not an explanable explanation...

Guess when it comes to time travel,

Timetravel= be a naked human[unless u are liquid metal, then just look like a naked human(unless you are Cromartie's head, then you have a free pass anywhere in time you want to go)].

sNaKeBiTe688

[4]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 3
    ok, I'm with you on Cromarties head. It souldn't have gone through (Because it was not covered with skin). I think some writer comments on that in the comentary on the Season 1 dvd's. I can't remember what exactly he said though.

Regarding Cameron: She didn't go though, because she was powered down. Her chip has been removed and therefore she was not "alive".
    I'm pretty sure that her body is still in the past with Sarah. John Henry traveled to the future BEFORE they found Cameron and nothing happened to her. So why should something happen to her the second time.

Regarding Weaver: She didn't know if people would see their arrival in the future, so she wanted to look human (naked). If the resistance would see her and that she is metal, they would start shooting instantly and might kill John Connor.

I could be wrong though. It just seems logical to me.

ArithmosPT

[5]Apr 24, 2009
    I agree with sNakeBite688, I just don't think that cameron's body is still in the past, I think it just vanished like Jonh Connor's clothes. Or maybe I just want cameron to have a new body, clear of wounds

Kon-El_Prime

[6]Apr 24, 2009

I dont know, why did the T-1000 in T2 come through naked?

and as far as the head goes i read this from one of the producers blogs

"Please be assured that I am VERY familiar with the rules of time travel as explained by Kyle Reese in the first movie. When Cromartie's head goes through the time bubble, THERE IS FLESH ON IT. If you can't see it, that's because a) it's burning off very quickly and b) certain people don't like it when we show burning flesh, cyborg or not.

(Historical note: The first person to ask me this head/bubble question was Jared in Props--a year ago while we were shooting the pilot.)"

meateater79

[7]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 7
    Maybe they should modify the "flesh-covered" rule and make it "must be moving" rule. That would cover why Cameron didn't go thru (though she's covered in very attractive flesh) and Cromartie's head did (wasn't the mouth moving as if screaming?). That would also cover why the T-1000s can pass thru timegates. As far as I know, they've never sent anything inanimate (unmoving objects or dead bodies) thru gates...

BoogerHeadRat

[8]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 11

I think sNaKeBiTe got it right the first time. The Terminator's physiology depends on having a working brain to fire the "action potential" process in its human-like skin allowing the electrical impulses along the cell membranes. No chip – no working brain – no electrical charges along the synapse of the neurons. It's just dead flesh.

Cromartie's head was blasted off its body with its chip intact and just enough flesh covering it when Sarah fired the plasma rifle as the time travel exchange took place. Cameron's chip was removed- ergo head comes through and Cameron doesn't.

sNaKeBiTe's explanation for Weaver's nudity upon arrival in the future also seems aptly plausible. Who shoots at a naked redhead without first stopping to think.

Also this view tells us that, since Cromartie's body got left behind at the bank and later dumped (yeh, if I found what appeared to be a headless robot at the scene of an explosion at an attempted bank robbery I'd just toss it in the trash too. Imagine if, instead of a junk yard Cromartie's body was displayed at a SciFi convention somewhere when its head calls for it. I can see the Trekies applauding as it walks off ) then Cameron's remains must have been left behind as well.

Yo, sNaKeBiTe! Righteous explanation, dude!

Falcondude123

[9]Apr 25, 2009
    BoogerHeadRat wrote:

I think sNaKeBiTe got it right the first time. The Terminator's physiology depends on having a working brain to fire the "action potential" process in its human-like skin allowing the electrical impulses along the cell membranes. No chip – no working brain – no electrical charges along the synapse of the neurons. It's just dead flesh.

Cromartie's head was blasted off its body with its chip intact and just enough flesh covering it when Sarah fired the plasma rifle as the time travel exchange took place. Cameron's chip was removed- ergo head comes through and Cameron doesn't.

sNaKeBiTe's explanation for Weaver's nudity upon arrival in the future also seems aptly plausible. Who shoots at a naked redhead without first stopping to think.

Also this view tells us that, since Cromartie's body got left behind at the bank and later dumped (yeh, if I found what appeared to be a headless robot at the scene of an explosion at an attempted bank robbery I'd just toss it in the trash too. Imagine if, instead of a junk yard Cromartie's body was displayed at a SciFi convention somewhere when its head calls for it. I can see the Trekies applauding as it walks off ) then Cameron's remains must have been left behind as well.

Yo, sNaKeBiTe! Righteous explanation, dude!

Okay, the naked weaver to avoid being shot at is possible, even though the people around them wouldn't have ever seen time-travel before and wouldn't know the difference between naked and clothed people getting through a time bubble. But I don't like the "it must be live flesh" idea. If that were so, people would lose all of their hair when going through time- it is technically dead flesh. The same applies to fingernails, and the outer layers of your skin. Seriously, all that would be left of any person if only live tissues got through would be a hairless, skinned, bloody stump of a person with no fingernails. In short, they would look like Cromartie when he was fresh out of the bloody bath tub in a new body suit. Nah, I don't think it's about "living" flesh.

Here's an idea: maybe it's more about OVERALL DENSITY of the item going through? Flesh is obviously less dense than metal, so it goes through. But, put just enough flesh over the metal, and it too will go through; the overall density has decreased.
    As for the T-1000s, we know they can alter their shape and size, so obviously they can alter their own DENSITY as well.