We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

What is going on?!!!!!

JWEBSR

[1]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    How can a series that was action-packed for 2 solid seasons just hit a wall so quickly? I hope that the 1st 2 episodes of season 3 are just setting things up for takeoff. Otherwise, I can't see FOX re-upping them for a 4th. Where the hell is Cameron?!!!!! Does she even matter anymore, because she has practically no screen time anymore. Too much Sarah!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

winterbehaviour

[2]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 22
    I completly agree. The latest episode was intriging but it's like the show has gone off on a tangent.

discreet2600

[3]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    FYI. This is still season 2.

GotalSaiyajin

[4]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 34
    I hope that they will have at least 1 more season. Things look pretty good and hope everything will be explained.

sNaKeBiTe688

[5]Feb 22, 2009

GotalSaiyajin wrote:
    I hope that they will have at least 1 more season. Things look pretty good and hope everything will be explained.

Did I miss something? I read everywhere that the ratings suck and that it will probably not get a 3rd season. I hope they are all wrong, because I LOVE the show.

And yeah, I have to agree that there isn't enough Cameron^^

JWEBSR

[6]Feb 23, 2009
    Don't get me wrong, the 1st 2 runs were fantastic. However, and I know we're only 2 shows deep, they seem to have lost their way with the series and what the fans liked about it. It's moving into the artsy-fartsy(yawn), boring direction.

maxmaullu

[7]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 7
    I like this serie but, with episodes like the last, I'm not surprised the rating sux!!!

JWEBSR

[8]Feb 23, 2009
    The bottom line is this: It may be called the Sarah Connors Chronicles, but they seemed to realize early on that they messed up with casting Sarah. She is not terrible, but she is a bit uninteresting. However, the writers/creators got it right by giving the other characters plenty of face-time and importance to the plot progression. I don't know why that's changed. It's been truely the Sarah show so far and I just don't like it. She is not strong enough to carry the series.

sNaKeBiTe688

[9]Feb 23, 2009
    I agree that Sarah isn't strong enough to carry the series, but I think that it's just about right, because otherwise her role as John's mother would be implausable (i don't know if that's the right word).
    They should do much, much more with Cameron, because there is so much potential and she is the most interesting character, cause no one knows what's the deal with her.

Charlie183

[10]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 17

don't kill me for saying this.. but i partially disagree..

well, I agree... the changing from action to more-character-based was extreme... and in my opinion Desert Cabtos was pretty boring...

but for the other part..i especially liked "the good wound" .. they haven't given enough history to Sarah within the first season and I think it's great they start to get more into what keeps her going and her relation to the Reese-brothers... Derek in particular... Not that I want to see them as a couple or anything like that.. no way!.. but i was wondering.. the first time he shows up she was all about "He is Kyles brother and therefore special" and then the writers just did not give them any storyline at all !!!

On the other hand i hope for more Cameron-action,too... after an episode like "the good wound" there was really need for it... and they blew it with having her doing nothing in Desert Cantos... hopefully the writers manage to include more action while still keeping this new concept... maybe they''ll find a balance.. but the summary for "some must watch, while..." doesn't look promising considering it's about Sarahs nightmares ...again...

KillswitchEdge

[11]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 5

I hate to say it, but I think T:SSC is doomed.

Fox + Moved to Friday Nights = Cancellation Territory.

Always happens, if a show gets moved to friday nights on Fox, it signals the end.

sittolytic

[12]Feb 24, 2009

I was hooked on this show ever since I saw the Season 1 encore leading up to the Season 2 premier. I love it and hope it gets renewed for a third season; however, it has got a serious problem: IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!

I mean, HELLO? LOL?! We are now more than halfway through the second season and NOTHING IS HAPPENING. Every episode is full of tedious melodrama that never resolves anything--we end up watching the characters do so much while nothing actually happens. It's a hollow, frustrating feeling, especially because we know that there are plot elements just around the corner that are ripe for the picking!

The mythology of the series is unfolding painfully slow. I think in trying to make Season 2 less serialized, the producers ended up giving us episodes that are too tidy and shrinkwrapped to tell us a story of Terminator proportions. After twenty-four episodes, the established core characters still don't know what they are fighting, how to fight it, or even in what form their opposition exists. o_O That's baaaaad.

I really hope they start kicking the story into high-gear, because the show really needs to GET SOMEWHERE, if it has any hopes of retaining an audience.

rickyrkard

[13]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 5

I agree. The show has gotten so tedious to the point where I find it difficult watching. It is just overcheesin' all focus on SARAH who I find particularly DULL.They need to shift focus onto the more interesting characters. You can all sit there and say it's fine and dandy but ratings don't lie. They even had to throw in a Cameron underwear scene to keep it interesting for a second. This just doesn't feel like Terminator at all.

Very disappointing... good thng Battlestar Galactica is running strong. The drama in Terminator is just, cheesing hard and pointless.

movieguy_1000

[14]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 33

I think that there is just not the budget to do the same type of action scenes that are in the movies. Plus I like there being more dialogue and less action because it gives the writers and actors more opportunities to make the characters have more emotion and personality. Lastly I hope that the new movie with Christian Bale has the same kind of approach and considering that T3 was so terrible having more dialogue and less action might make the franchise popular with more mainstream type fans.

JWEBSR

[15]Mar 2, 2009
    Goodbye, Terminator. It was fun while it lasted. But after that dreck that insulted my TV screen this past Friday, I have to turn my back on you.

Kamuko

[16]Mar 6, 2009
    I'm glad to be not the only one to think that they really seem to have lost direction with this show. The only terminator that's really interesting has been reduced to a minor character. I know the show is called the "Sarah Connor" chronicals, but even you do 100 character driven episodes of her she won't get more interesting. What they need is character development.

m00nshadow

[17]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 20
    I agree that the show has lost momentum. I do think the writers are trying to change direction, but it's too slow. The last four episodes seem to have been designed to "remake" the character of Sarah. She "died" symbolically" when she was shot, and at the end of "Some must watch" she is apparently reborn as some new personality. But they are losing everyone's interest.

Bionetic

[18]Mar 7, 2009
    The show needs to be a little more like the show '24'. It needs to be more fast pace. I think part of the reason the show is dragging is because the liquid terminators place in the story hasn't be established. It hasn't spelled out what her companies goal is. I believe they should return to the idea of showing the governments role in the overall altercation. The corporate angle has gotten a little bland. I mean I find it hard to believe the government doesn't have some idea of what's going on. Maybe general knowledge isn't on the FBI level, but someone has to know. Maybe they should portray the dreaded escalation which results when the government advances their tech to fight Terminator tech.

Falcondude123

[19]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 10
    Yesterday's episode finally is showing some promise for renewal, but it may be too little too late.

I wonder if the writers purposely sabotaged the last few eps at the request of Fox.

Oh and Riley died! Hallelujah! A little drama for once!!!

sNaKeBiTe688

[20]Mar 8, 2009
    nahh, FOX warned the writer Josh Friedman about all this Sarah stuff, but he did it anyway. So if the show does get canceled, a big part is due to him.