What is going on?!!!!!

voleure

[21]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 4

I'm amazed by the brilliance in this thread

I mean what are they doing with this show my comics are so much better!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JWEBSR

[22]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    Well, I watched on Friday and it was the 1st time in this latest run that it had the original feel to it. Hopefully, they take off running because time is running out.

moatilliatta85

[23]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 6
    I really don't understand what the purpose of all those character "study" episodes was. They could've done it in a more subtle way, exploring Sarah's character while other stuff is going on. I think the episode where the show downshifted a bit was when Sarah meets that crossdresser guy. I felt that it started stalling a little and they have hardly found out anything about Skynet since then. And that was... what... 6 episodes ago I think.
    I dunno if they were trying to something more Alias-like and move away from Terminator ground.
    Ugh, whatever it is, I'm glad last Friday's episode brought back what I liked about the show. Let's see what's in store for tonight...

niterider

[24]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 2

This season sucks. No action. If the writers keep this up, the show will be cancelled.

JWEBSR

[25]Mar 16, 2009
    Well, this past Friday's ep was decent. But now I'm more confused than ever. Why did they uturn down the Sarah road when it has nothing to do with the plotline?

Mental_Micky

[26]Mar 18, 2009

There hasn't been too many great episodes this season, the last great episode was Cromartie's demise in Mexico (IMO). Berore and after that, it's been far, far too wishy washy feelings, emotions and inner turmoil and all that crap. Call me old fashioned, but I'm fairly certain people don't watch Terminator for this, they expect to see robot fights, chases, explosions, action, action and more action. Not Dawson's bloody Creek.

JWEBSR

[27]Mar 24, 2009
    This past episode was good, not great. Why is Sarah so annoying when she doesn't have to be? And just when John was getting to the point that he, not Sarah, takes control, he starts blubbering and mommy rubs his head. Terrible ending to an episode that had powerful moments. John Connor said that you can go, I'm not John Connor. Excellent moment!! Hold me mommy. Disgusting!!

sNaKeBiTe688

[28]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 3
    dude, that last scene was one of the most important ones!
    We learned from Dereck and Cameron how detached future-John is from everyone. He is more concerned with the win over Skynet than anything else. During this process, his humanity got lost along the way. Derek said that the people look at future-John not to see if he makes mistakes, but to try to see some humanity.
    So in this very scene we see that this present-day-John still cares. He is still connected to the world and this might just be the thing future-John wanted to change. John Connor has to bee more human to be a good leader.
    Personally, I thought that scene was awesome...

Maybe this blog entry will clear things up for you: http://cjcs.com/tib/2991/ttscc-0219-today-is-the-day-part-2/
    It's very well written and he/she analizes every episode very good.

TesserT

[29]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 79
    sNaKeBiTe688 wrote:
    dude, that last scene was one of the most important ones!
    We learned from Dereck and Cameron how detached future-John is from everyone. He is more concerned with the win over Skynet than anything else. During this process, his humanity got lost along the way. Derek said that the people look at future-John not to see if he makes mistakes, but to try to see some humanity.
    So in this very scene we see that this present-day-John still cares. He is still connected to the world and this might just be the thing future-John wanted to change. John Connor has to bee more human to be a good leader.
    Personally, I thought that scene was awesome...

Maybe this blog entry will clear things up for you: http://cjcs.com/tib/2991/ttscc-0219-today-is-the-day-part-2/
    It's very well written and he/she analizes every episode very good.
    I agree with you on the last scene! The entire episode was eye opening. John knows who John is & all the dangers that go with that. (I made your link active. Very insightful reading.)
    Edited on 03/27/2009 11:41am

JWEBSR

[30]Mar 28, 2009
    Another good episode. Maybe the turnaround needed to save the series. I was hoping that Sarah had cancer so they could eliminate the one anchor left in the series.

macjay33

[31]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 9

Well even though I do agree that this version of John Connor needs to show more emotion than the future John, the crying was still a little too much. It was not powerful. It was weak. I swear I was doing this big cheer when he was so cool in Jesse's room and then he needs a good cry. I know this is serialized television. And I know writers think this is a powerful scene that makes sense, but....

It doesn't make sense. These are the facts. John has had no childhood for his whole life. He is isolated. If he has any mommy issues it's that she never really nurtured him or gave him anything he really wanted. In reality never mind the future John Connor. This present John Connor should be much more devoid of emotion from a normal teenager. He has this war he has to fight and has no life and he knows it. Of course he'll rebel with a Riley or whatever but he's in a war his whole life and has known no other life. He is not going to go all Party of Five on us in any kind of credible way. To me Terminators in real life are more credible than that one!

mayiloh

[32]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 5
    i must say... i love this show but some episodes just don't make any sense.

sNaKeBiTe688

[33]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 3
    @macjay33: I don't know what you mean. For me it totally makes sense. As I see it there are two factors that play into this:
    1.) John has this huge resposibility and just doesn't know how to deal with it. He is always looking for advice and asking what future-John would do. He doesn't see himself as the savior of mankind and fears that he can't live up to what other's expect of him. That is why John is just totally lost and desperate. The decisions that he has to make decide between life and death of a human beeing and it'll only get harder. In the future his decisions will affect thousands of lives and might be the difference between victory and total annihilation.
    2.) John knows that he'll never have a normal life. He brings danger into other people's life and therefore can never have a real relationship with someone he really cares about. Riley died because of him (I mean his existence; Because of John Connor). Right before he started to cry, he probably told Cameron and Sarah the whole story. He was grieving about Riley. Although he didn't love her, they were still very close and (in the beginning at least) his only thing that came close to a real life. With Riley's death, his hope to have a normal life died too.

Remember he's only 17... I hope a could make it a bit clearer for you and didn't confuse you =)

@mayiloh: What episodes?

macjay33

[34]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 9

sNaKeBiTe688 wrote:
    @macjay33: I don't know what you mean. For me it totally makes sense. As I see it there are two factors that play into this: 1.) John has this huge resposibility and just doesn't know how to deal with it. He is always looking for advice and asking what future-John would do. He doesn't see himself as the savior of mankind and fears that he can't live up to what other's expect of him. That is why John is just totally lost and desperate. The decisions that he has to make decide between life and death of a human beeing and it'll only get harder. In the future his decisions will affect thousands of lives and might be the difference between victory and total annihilation. 2.) John knows that he'll never have a normal life. He brings danger into other people's life and therefore can never have a real relationship with someone he really cares about. Riley died because of him (I mean his existence; Because of John Connor). Right before he started to cry, he probably told Cameron and Sarah the whole story. He was grieving about Riley. Although he didn't love her, they were still very close and (in the beginning at least) his only thing that came close to a real life. With Riley's death, his hope to have a normal life died too. Remember he's only 17... I hope a could make it a bit clearer for you and didn't confuse you

Some of your points are good, but I still disagree with you on most of them. I agree about the pressure of peoples lives in his hand. I agree he would cry about Riley. I don't agree he would do it in front of his mother. This was strictly for television and not for the reality of the character. He is not only 17! He is a 28 year old in a 17 year old body. He is a trained killer in spite of the fake subplots the writers have tried to propogate. And I have news for you. The portrayal of his mom is fake too. She is a trained killer and does not worry about keeping people alive as much as this show has portrayed her. This is a total reversal of the movies canonical storylines. This is really a cartoon version of what these characters really are. John may be worried about his decisions and not sure of himself but don't confuse that with someone who is incapable of making decisions. He has had to make them his whole life. He is a disciplined soldier. Will he make mistakes, yes! Will he falter and doubt himself yes. But I will not allow the writers to finally portray him the right way for 5 minutes and totally mess up the scene and give them a free pass. Let him cry in the next episode. He needs to kill some bad guys in this one.

meateater79

[35]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    Not a fan of Lena Headey's portrayal of Sarah Connor. Can't really explain it, but just doesn't sit well with me. Love Summer Glau as Cameron, but I hope that girl's not gonna have typecasting problems later in her career (two emotionally stunted characters in her resume now).

dragon22a

[36]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 32
    meateater79 wrote:
    Not a fan of Lena Headey's portrayal of Sarah Connor. Can't really explain it, but just doesn't sit well with me. Love Summer Glau as Cameron, but I hope that girl's not gonna have typecasting problems later in her career (two emotionally stunted characters in her resume now).

three if you count her emotionally disturbed character in the 4400.

darkwolfette

[37]Apr 3, 2009
    I agree completely on the Cameron Subject. Not only for the sake of remembering that that she is the Terminator sent to protect John, and she is getting all emotional, but for Summer. I'm a huge fan of Firefly, Serenity, and everything else she's done. She is not mediocre actress, and she is capable of handling any crazy plot lines that they could throw at her, so WHY THE HELL aren't they throwing?! The show is too slow, and it's gonna get them canned. to be honest, I think one of the main reasons they've lasted this long is because Fox feels like idiots for cancelling Firefly (especially after serenity) and they wanna repay Summer Glau for their foul-up. but Fox can only throw them so much rope, before they need to start using their actors and creating more action. I've loved the show from the start and even I'm starting to doubt its longevity.

darkwolfette

[38]Apr 3, 2009
    i don't think Summer will have to worry. If you'll also recall, she portryed many different emotions and personas within most of her leading roles. As River, she was very comical at times, and displayed her ability to transform from emotion to emotion. If anything Cameron is a great role for her to play, because she has to block out her emotions and show that she can play absolutely anything that a director or a role can throw at her.