Will Terminator be cancelled?

davinp

[1]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 8

TV By The Numbers highlights reasons why Terminator: The Sarch Connor Chronicles will not return in the fall

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/22/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-wont-be-back-next-fall/13263

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

loganrogue24

[2]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 6
    i hope it dose not get canned its bad enough my other fav show Kyle xy got canned and my other fav show smallville is up in the air.

DBizTV

[3]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 43
    It's toast. First they gave it Monday, then early Friday night. Fix couldn't have been clearer. Then, the genus' who run the show dare to come out with a long, reflective story arc to close their "first half" of the season and open the "second half", when "guns blazing" was the only hope it had. Even if they step up the action now, sad to say, it's hard to see how it isn't already too late ...

JWEBSR

[4]Feb 24, 2009
    Agreed. They blew it even though they had enough interesting characters to have a good run. It's a shame.

bewitchedfan2k

[5]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 12
    Yep No season 3 for sure. Pity because I really want to see what Catherine Weaver is up to

ddemaese

[6]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 5
    I really hopes its getting a new season
    first Jericho then the Riches and the Black Donnelys. This is a sad year

solgrifter

[7]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 31
    Friday nights is the Florida of television. It's where things go before they die. I'm sad to see it headed the way of Firefly and Angel, gone too soon. Hopefully, there will be a season 3 comic!

KCW1985

[8]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    I hate FOX.

FinalXevv

[9]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 9

I don't see why you guys would blame fox for the show probably getting cancelled, I absolutly loved the show in it's first season, but let's face it, Lena headley is boring, can't carry a show, and Terminator should be about john connor and not sarah connor, we already got our share of Sarah in the first 2 movie, we're over the cool mom who would die to protect her son, we're ready for kickass john taking control, it's been 25 years damnit.

So now we get 3 episode in a row that gives us an insight into sarah's mind, and that extraordinaly boring storyline about the warehouse, we get no cameron ( Which is the best thing about this show) no john connor, no derek, almost no weaver, almost no ellison and just a little bit of john henry. The writer obviously wanted to make some episode about sarah connor and he failed, she's still a very annoying character and the show is paying for it.

Im 90% sure the show won't get a 3rd season, and that's the reason why, Friedman blew it, not fox.

-Hansel-

[10]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 4
    It'll absolutely be canceled. I'm surprised it hasn't been already.

ilee1990

[12]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 10

In reading the blog entry made by Josh Friedman, I am certain that he never cared what the viewers wanted to see. This is his first tv show and he wanted to tell the story that HE wanted to see. He admits that he intentionally inflicted the boring story arc about Sarah Connor and her PTSD on us. Why? because he wanted to tell the story of an angst ridden mom. Unfortunately for us fans this show was given to an inexperienced, out of touch writer, imo.

I watched in the hope of seeing the interaction between the characters. All of them. I wanted to see the relationship between Derek and John explored. There's so much there to be had given that Derek knows future John and clearly didn't always agree with his decisions. I don't want to see Cameron and John involved in a relationship or even casual sex-that would be too much like some bad teen fan fiction for me. But I did want to see and hear more about how she came to be who she is.I do not watch to see mommy Connor angst her way (her chew her way) through 50 minutes of a show.

I hope the show doesn't get cancelled and that JF redeems himself next season by telling a story that the viewers actually want to see. But given the ratings, that is in all probability not going to happen.

JWEBSR

[13]Mar 2, 2009
    ilee1990 wrote:

In reading the blog entry made by Josh Friedman, I am certain that he never cared what the viewers wanted to see. This is his first tv show and he wanted to tell the story that HE wanted to see. He admits that he intentionally inflicted the boring story arc about Sarah Connor and her PTSD on us. Why? because he wanted to tell the story of an angst ridden mom. Unfortunately for us fans this show was given to an inexperienced, out of touch writer, imo.

I watched in the hope of seeing the interaction between the characters. All of them. I wanted to see the relationship between Derek and John explored. There's so much there to be had given that Derek knows future John and clearly didn't always agree with his decisions. I don't want to see Cameron and John involved in a relationship or even casual sex-that would be too much like some bad teen fan fiction for me. But I did want to see and hear more about how she came to be who she is.I do not watch to see mommy Connor angst her way (her chew her way) through 50 minutes of a show.

I hope the show doesn't get cancelled and that JF redeems himself next season by telling a story that the viewers actually want to see. But given the ratings, that is in all probability not going to happen.

The show should be cancelled. Let this "artist" write some boring episodes and imagine them in his mind, because it doesn't belong on TV.

sNaKeBiTe688

[14]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 3

Do you really think that Josh Friedman would do the same mistakes if it comes to a third season? Even if he wanted to, the network would never let him.

Therefore I really hope that FOX will give it a third season, because it WILL be better!

oh, and btw: the next episodes will get better, because they are not about Sarah anymore. So I hope you will tune in when Cameron has another glitch next friday =)

cran83

[15]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    I like the show a lot but the fact that they moved it to Fridays pretty much seals its fate. Also I think with the new Terminator trilogy starting up it was gonna effect the show anyway. We're gonna get to see Christian Bale as a kick ass John Connor. Who's gonna want to see whiny teenage John?

TesserT

[16]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 81
    Mar 18 SciFi Scoop: FOX to Decide Sarah Connor's Fate in May

Things weren't looking so hot for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles until an unexpected ratings spike last week gave it some extra legs.

One of the gripes viewers have complained about is that the series hasn't contained enough Terminator action for a series about Terminators. It should make fans happy to know that the final episodes of this season apparently have more Terminator action. Will it be enough to bring viewers on board and save the series?

We're going to have to wait around two months for an answer to that question, for word is Fox will lay down their verdict in May.

Fox's delay in green lighting season three comes down to the fact that the series is presently resting on the borderline. As it stands, it could go either way and so a decision is going to be held off until Fox can assess what happens with the rest of the season. The future of the show has more or less come down to how well the next four episodes rate.

Adam_Dicy

[17]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 89
    KCW1985 wrote:
    I hate FOX.
    If T: TSCC is indeed cancelled, let's hope another network like either CBS or The CW will pick it up cause ABC or NBC will just kill it, or if FOX decides to renew the show for a 3rd season, at least move it on Tuesdays after American Idol, so that the show has a fighting chance.
    Edited on 03/20/2009 5:13am

Todd_Gray

[18]Mar 20, 2009
    FinalXevv wrote:

I don't see why you guys would blame fox for the show probably getting cancelled, I absolutly loved the show in it's first season, but let's face it, Lena headley is boring, can't carry a show, and Terminator should be about john connor and not sarah connor, we already got our share of Sarah in the first 2 movie, we're over the cool mom who would die to protect her son, we're ready for kickass john taking control, it's been 25 years damnit.

So now we get 3 episode in a row that gives us an insight into sarah's mind, and that extraordinaly boring storyline about the warehouse, we get no cameron ( Which is the best thing about this show) no john connor, no derek, almost no weaver, almost no ellison and just a little bit of john henry. The writer obviously wanted to make some episode about sarah connor and he failed, she's still a very annoying character and the show is paying for it.

Im 90% sure the show won't get a 3rd season, and that's the reason why, Friedman blew it, not fox.

Tend to agree about the eps. that delve deep into Sarah's mind. They were bad timing to begin with, and then they were somewhat tedious and monotonous.

Personally, I detest episodes like that on any show. I don't mind going back to re-hash a character's beginnings in one episode, but several in one season, especially all bunched together, is way too much.

Just like Battlestar Galactica (BC), TSCC's had immense potential as a program that could last 4 - 5 seasons in today's fickle market. The writers of Battlestar Galactica totally blew it by turning that show into some sort of convoluted religious crusade.

With TSCC's, they've given Sarah too many dreams and delusions for us to have to deal with, and they've strayed from the prinicpal storyline which was extremely appealing in Season One.

That was... we LIKED seeing a kick-arse Sarah defending her son from killer terminators trying to kill him... we LIKED seeing Cameron come to the rescue and fight other terminators... we LIKED how they played with small time-travel jumps and found small bits and pieces of Skynet to disrupt.

THAT'S WHAT MADE THE SHOW FUN AND ENTERTAINING!

They've strayed away from that and now the show is going to suffer cancellation for it.

Falcondude123

[19]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    What a gloomy, depression thread this is.

*sigh*

Enough said.

Except for one more thing: FIRE FRIEDMAN!!!

kidkiffin

[20]Mar 20, 2009

right now it's up in the air. i have been stayin home cuz of finals these past two weeks so i've been watching it live and i also watch it on my DVR. i think they just wanna see live ratings. this show gets 30% more views ont the DVR that's about 5 million viewers with DVR and live viewings combined.

with strong DVD sales, the movie tie in. it may have a fightin chance. with better marketing this show can probably gain a spike of viewers for the third season. they really need to amp up the action though, that's the only chance it'll have for the first few weeks of the the potential new season.

we just need to tell anyone who has a tv to turn it onto fox on friday nights. if this show can get to 5 mill of live viewing alone then it would be safe. cuz fox never has 5 mill on a friday. 4 mill isn't enough.

well these next 3 weeks will decide its fate and they look really good.

CHARLIE IS BACK