Will Terminator be cancelled?

orophite

[21]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    If it doesn't get canned it be a bloody miracle.. and I don't mean your average miracle but a miracle at biblical proportions.
    Edited on 03/21/2009 3:08am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BakerAngel11

[23]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    Honestly, T:TSCC was what got me started on the Terminator movies and everything. I would so hate to see it go. I find it totally entertaining and even though they took away all the action I love, it still totally rocks. I mean last nights episode had me crying. Thats not exactly what this show is supposed to do but whatever. I find all this mental stuff with John, Derrek, Sarah, Cameron, and Jesse pretty entertaining. Although I have to say the physical stff is way more entertaining. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Falcondude123

[24]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 10
    This show is an enigma; it has been so exciting, so fun, so awesome, but it has also been so dull, so boring at times. I really want it to stay IF AND ONLY IF it stays exciting. Otherwise, it undermines the whole franchise. I think it's heading in the right direction, but Fox needs to sustain it with advertising and censoring of the writers when they get all nutsy.

macjay33

[25]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 9
    I mean they spend a ton of money on it's season opener and finales, but it's all of those episodes in between. Ughh! You have a whiney kid who is supposed to be our savior. A gorgeous Terminator girl who just stares into space and does nothing for most of the season. And Sarah Connor whose supposed to be this tough girl who has some liberal sentiment about letting witnesses live with the future of the world in the balance. If they don't pull the plug on this show soon, I'm pulling the plug....on my TV soon! Just like Leno once said, it's over Johnny!

ContinuumVortex

[26]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 15

what the hell is wrong with you people are you so inept that you cant deal with some background character stuff cant wait an episode where their trying you show into someones mind? it cant all be action action action every epsidoe they need to people building ones this is why good shows get cancelled so fast in the US you guys have no patients for story anymore if its not guns blazing you wont sit and watch it.

Yeah who cares about character right? who cares about setting up the arc for the season/series right? lets just blow things up and have a *terminator of the week series* yeah that sounds fun to me. Now rant off i'm not just sniping at americans because it happens over here in the UK aswell albeit less than your side but occassionally something good does die, people really need to start appreciating story telling again or thing like this wont ever get past 2 seasons maximum and that will be a shame as the days of 6-7 season TV programs with PROPER endings will be lost for good

TesserT

[27]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 78
    Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles CANCELLED 04-10-2009

Check out Lanie Grace's 3/27/09 blog. hmm truth or fiction?? what do think??

I was at the Warner Brothers Studio in Burbank earlier today with a friend on some business unrelated to TSCC. Trust me, if it had been TSCC business, it would have been the opening line! LOL. He wanted me to help him interview a freelancing Digital FX guy for a short film he is putting together for a Youtube Short.

We were offered a tour of the studio and was asked is there anything in particular we would like to see. Of course I didn't pass up this opportunity and said "Yeah, I would like to see the TSCC set". He looked at me kind of funny and I almost fell over when he smiled and said "It's all gone sweety, they tore it down a couple weeks ago, (paused a second then said) everything" I asked "What do you mean, gone, as in Hasta-la-vista gone?" he replied in a very bad Arnold impression "they'll not be back" He said everyone around there had known that for a few weeks already. It was fairly common knowledge at WB.

I have to say I found his explanation totally believable. There is no way FOX is going to come out and say it's cancelled during the season end run, especially when they are trying to squeeze out every viewer they can. If they did, it would be a 100% DVR viewership from that point on!

The ratings numbers are in the toilet and that's including the previous week "The Last Voyage of the Jimmy Carter" which was a superb episode but had less than 2 million viewers. It's not that TSCC doesn't have the viewers. If you added in DVR, TiVO, and Hulu then the true viewership approaches an estimated 7 to 10 million viewers which is rockin' for a new series. The problem is the only thing that counts is the broadcast on Friday nights. Nothing else earns advertising revenue. The bottom line IS the bottom line.

For more ck out the link at the top.
    Edited on 03/27/2009 11:33am

sNaKeBiTe688

[28]Mar 27, 2009
    I don't know...

I mean yes, it's true that things aren't looking good for the series. The live ratings suck, BUT there is so much more to it than that.
    The DVR + hulu + FOD numbers are very, very good. The DVD sales on Amazon are very good and with the upcoming T4 movie, the Terminator franchise might get a kick and things will pick up (even though T4 won't have any connection with TSCC). This show also has a very big and strong fanbase on the internet.
    I just hope that FOX sees that and doesn't just look at the live ratings.

As for the article: There are MANY mistakes in there: The ratings are wrong, Saturn Awards will be in June and I could immagine that taking down the sets (Zeira Corp and some future stuff) is more cost effective than leaving them up and wastings space. I mean after this season we are probably done with Zeira Corp anyways and all the Houses the Connors live in aren't on the WB lot.
    As for the actors being on other shows... Of course they are. Season 2 filming has been finished a couple of weeks now, so they have time for other projects. And if it really is such common knowledge that the show is done, it would have been all over the internet.

FOX said that they will officially decide TSCC's fate in May. Maybe something leaks out first, but I doubt that this article is reliable.

stark974

[29]Mar 27, 2009
    Nothing is cancelled until fox officially cancels. The blog post in previous post is unreliable. It has many wrong data, including rating numbers and awards.. There is nothing wrong with the Tssc sets to gone because they will not use those sets in Season 3. Why should WB keeps sets which TSSC will not use anymore.

jeb800e

[30]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 5
    I hope it doesn't get cancelled! The storyline is just amazing! Most people that don't watch it anymore don't watch it because they didn't see the first episode. Just re-run the first episode after season 2 ends to get ready for season 3! I don't want this show to go! There are plenty of other shows that are much worse in ratings, etc. that should be cancelled. The Sarah Connor Chronicles doesn't even seem to get bad ratings. KEEP THIS SHOW FOX!

Bloodbath_87

[31]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 16
    Really, what else is on in that timeslot on Friday nights? How could it not be leading in ratings for the timeslot?

stark974

[32]Mar 27, 2009
    The only succesfull show on that timeslot is Ghost whisperer, which is watched mostly by people who do not go out and watch tv in Fridays, like housewives. The viewers on TSSC generally do not stay at home on Friday nights. Not only TSSC but other shows also get bad numbers...

Falcondude123

[33]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 10
    TesserT wrote:

Check out Lanie Grace's 3/27/09 blog. hmm truth or fiction?? what do think??

I was at the Warner Brothers Studio in Burbank earlier today with a friend on some business unrelated to TSCC. Trust me, if it had been TSCC business, it would have been the opening line! LOL. He wanted me to help him interview a freelancing Digital FX guy for a short film he is putting together for a Youtube Short.

We were offered a tour of the studio and was asked is there anything in particular we would like to see. Of course I didn't pass up this opportunity and said "Yeah, I would like to see the TSCC set". He looked at me kind of funny and I almost fell over when he smiled and said "It's all gone sweety, they tore it down a couple weeks ago, (paused a second then said) everything" I asked "What do you mean, gone, as in Hasta-la-vista gone?" he replied in a very bad Arnold impression "they'll not be back" He said everyone around there had known that for a few weeks already. It was fairly common knowledge at WB.

I have to say I found his explanation totally believable. There is no way FOX is going to come out and say it's cancelled during the season end run, especially when they are trying to squeeze out every viewer they can. If they did, it would be a 100% DVR viewership from that point on!

The ratings numbers are in the toilet and that's including the previous week "The Last Voyage of the Jimmy Carter" which was a superb episode but had less than 2 million viewers. It's not that TSCC doesn't have the viewers. If you added in DVR, TiVO, and Hulu then the true viewership approaches an estimated 7 to 10 million viewers which is rockin' for a new series. The problem is the only thing that counts is the broadcast on Friday nights. Nothing else earns advertising revenue. The bottom line IS the bottom line.

For more ck out the link at the top.

I have not felt this bad since...
    since...
    since my German Shepard, the coolest/smartest dog on the planet, got flattened on the Highway...
    I feel like I'm having trouble breathing and... thinking, and... ughhhh...

mrd510

[34]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 5
    I doubt Terminator will be back due to it's low ratings. I am glad we got at least two seasons.

rkoheel

[35]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 1

TesserT wrote:
    I was at the Warner Brothers Studio in Burbank earlier today with a friend on some business unrelated to TSCC. Trust me, if it had been TSCC business, it would have been the opening line! LOL. He wanted me to help him interview a freelancing Digital FX guy for a short film he is putting together for a Youtube Short. We were offered a tour of the studio and was asked is there anything in particular we would like to see. Of course I didn't pass up this opportunity and said "Yeah, I would like to see the TSCC set". He looked at me kind of funny and I almost fell over when he smiled and said "It's all gone sweety, they tore it down a couple weeks ago, (paused a second then said) everything" I asked "What do you mean, gone, as in Hasta-la-vista gone?" he replied in a very bad Arnold impression "they'll not be back" He said everyone around there had known that for a few weeks already. It was fairly common knowledge at WB. I have to say I found his explanation totally believable. There is no way FOX is going to come out and say it's cancelled during the season end run, especially when they are trying to squeeze out every viewer they can. If they did, it would be a 100% DVR viewership from that point on! The ratings numbers are in the toilet and that's including the previous week "The Last Voyage of the Jimmy Carter" which was a superb episode but had less than 2 million viewers. It's not that TSCC doesn't have the viewers. If you added in DVR, TiVO, and Hulu then the true viewership approaches an estimated 7 to 10 million viewers which is rockin' for a new series. The problem is the only thing that counts is the broadcast on Friday nights. Nothing else earns advertising revenue. The bottom line IS the bottom line. For more ck out the link at the top.

This girl has no idea what she is talking about.She is just some blogger.If it was true it would be in alot more places.Variety,Entertainment Weekley, or Eonline!.Don't believe everything you hear.

macjay33

[36]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 9
    I'm one of those DVR watchers because basically I work at night. And I had such a hard time getting through some of those episodes. And towards the end it started getting better after that stupid sleep episode that almost put me to sleep that is. You, know when that happened? When John Connor started acting like John Connor! The problem with this show is this little anchor on it's back called Sarah Connor! Enough already! Let him grow up already and stop crying. The problem is they don't want to dilute their movie! That is why this show has to die! If you don't want to make a good show because your worried about stealing a movie's thunder than their simply isn't enough room for the both of them. The last few episodes have been descent, if not completely great. But as long as their worried about pacing themselves and not stealing from the movie excitement this show was a dead man walking anyway. It was a nice run. And if it's around just for an advertisement for the movie fine, but otherwise it just has to go.

BakerAngel11

[37]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 6
    I totally believe that the last episodes were awesome. And I must tell you I am very wierd. I would watch them on TV, but if I miss even the smallest part I can't continue. Thats the problem with the last few. I almost managed to see them. It makes me so mad because they were pretty awesome episodes. I so hope the show does not get cancelled. I'm going to try way harder to see this Fridays. The show ROCKS!

meateater79

[38]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 7

This sucks. I was bored this past weekend and decided to head on over to Fox.com to check out Terminator: TSCC. I've always been a fan of the Terminator franchise, but my first impression of TSCC was not great (based on TV spots). Then by chance, I stumbled upon a xkcd comc strip titled "River Tam Beats Up Everyone". That led to looking up some hilarious River Tam (Summer Glau) clips on YouTube. Then I thought... "Maybe checking out TSCC wouldn't be such a bad idea...". I've always had a thing for emotionally stunted women...

Though I only watched s02ep 11-20, I was hooked (and slightly confused). I really hope they don't cancel this. If this trend of cancelling good shows continues, I'll eventually have to make the difficult choice of either watching "Survivor", "The Bachelor", or picking up a book...

sNaKeBiTe688

[39]Apr 2, 2009

Here is what I just read:

Question: There's a rumor that Warner Bros. tore down all the Sarah Connor Chronicles sets, which typically means a cancellation announcement is coming. What are you hearing? --Val
    Ausiello:
    The SCC sets have not been struck, a Warner Bros. insider maintains. They've simply been "shuffled around." (Hopefully not from the soundstage to the landfill).

Source: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/ask-ausiello-sp.html

TKnHappyNess

[40]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    I would say so. They forgot the whole point of the plot, plus a lot of the episodes are boring. Terminator movies are about mostly action.