Wow, No Promo or Hype by Fox

ZeroFireX

[1]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 8

Usually when a show comes back from a break or start of a season, they have some promo and ads for the shows return. Now, TSCC returns next Friday, and I have not seen ONE promo for it. It is as if Fox wants the show to fail, due to it's poor ratings. I saw "House" promos weeks before the show was due back in January...I guess they like to play favorites for show that do well or well enough, and not give chances to a show that had stuggled against a very bad timeslot during the fall.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TinCan101

[2]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 5

Well, that really sucks. Stupid FOX.

I really hope Terminator does well in it's new slot.

ssa2204

[3]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 6
    I think it is already a done deal that this show will not be renewed, which really screws the audience as the season finale is a cliffhanger from what I have read. It is to the point where watching TV shows is just a complete waste of time. The odds are that any given show you watch will get canceled, and most likely leave you on a cliffhanger. Well f**k them

Corko21

[4]Feb 6, 2009
    • level: 11
    Im glad someone else noticed this other than me. I love how people are like "House does better b/c it is..." - While House is one of my favorite shows (I own all the seasons) it does better b/c it is, and always has been heavily supported by Fox. Terminator had one strong marketing push, right after last years Superbowl...and then was promptly dropped by Fox's sh*tty marketing team. Now, it has MOVED its night and I haven't seen word one about it. People say they plan to just drop it...but the ratings haven't really dropped since they picked it up for the whole season. So, if they wanted to drop it, why pick it up for a whole season. I think as long as Dollhouse does well, we will see more Terminator.

I.E. - Watch Dollhouse....I mean hey, Eliza Dushku will be in a pajamas like 85% of the time, and probably less for the other 15%.

frederik06

[5]Feb 6, 2009
    • level: 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITk1XK0qdr8 ,

ZeroFireX

[6]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 8

frederik06 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITk1XK0qdr8

Yeah, saw that promo 2 monthes ago. I'm talking about recently, like in the past few weeks or month.

I have a longshot theory on why the show was picked up for a full season, I believe it was picked up to be as a hype up to the Terminator Salvation movie comming in may. It's a crackpot theory, basically 'cause the distributors are different for the show and the movie (Fox and WB/Sony), plus the show doesn't follow the T3 timeline, so people would be confused. I guess the actual reason was that they wanted to give it another chance, since they put out a lot of money into the show in ads and wanted to gain back some of that money (ironically enough).

IMO, Fox screwed the show this season. Putting it together with Prison Break (which got cancelled itself) against MNF is a no-win situation. Look at House, it now dominates the monday spot ratings wise (of course, MNF isn't on in the spring), crushing the previous competition for the show and rakes up with 24.

Ofcourse, it's also the fact that the fanbase for the show is incredibly small compared to House and 24...

*Sigh*, gonna be sad when it meets the axe.

Vampire_Chick15

[7]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 4
    I saw the cool new Grindhouse one!It was amazing.

TinCan101

[8]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 5

The grindhouse one was really cool.

But I'm thinking that the Christian Bale rant is better promotion for the entire Terminator series.

As long as there's more viewers, any promotion will work.

seto1

[9]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    Maybe we watch fox at differnet times cause i have seen promos,paired with the new fox show.They are somewhat general but still promos

kanniballl

[10]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 18

I saw a promo recently; IE within the last week or two. I think they did a double-mention, something along the lines of Terminator and Dollhouse starting this Friday for a night of SciFi (or something like that).

It might not mean anything, NBC's Heroes didn't have THAT many promos before Chapter 4 started recently. Granted they had a SuperBowl ad but it wasn't until a few days before the episode that I saw much.

Personally I think this speaks worse for Dollhouse than Terminator. I hate to say it but I think Whedon is going to get kicked in the nuts again by Fox, andit's probably his fault for getting involved with them again.

TesserT

[11]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 74
    TSCC Dollhouse NEW FUN Friday Promo

Here's the promo that's been running on TV.

A_Kefka

[12]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 10
    I dont' think Fox is expecting much in the way of new viewers, just hoping the ones that are watching will keep watching.

SmoothDaddyG

[13]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 1

The Fun Friday TSCC / Dollhouse Promo featuring Summer and Eliza is great. Too bad Summer isn't in Terminator anymore. Apparently marketing didn't get the memo.